• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know guys who did coke while still playing junior and are in the NHL now, I've always assumed it's pretty wide spread in the NHL.

PillarEN

"Cocaine, Alcohol, and Economic Problems in the NHL": A report by Expressen

As translated by Habs Eyes on the Prize:

“I am not speaking about drugs, and I have never seen it with my own eyes. But sometimes you need to party hard because of the pressure we live in. It’s not often, but if you are on a road trip with a rest day between games then you party really hard to clear the system. Then it’s only the Sedins that are at the hotel drinking coffee.”

Hahahaha. I love this part.

Cake Boss

Banned
@Pammerhockey: Guy Boucher will have more of an update Monday, but expects the worst for Ryan, Hoffman and Stone. #Sens

you-are-killing-me-robert-de-niro-taxi-driver.gif

This is punishment for enjoying Saturday night too much. I will be neutral from now on.

I know guys who did coke while still playing junior and are in the NHL now, I've always assumed it's pretty wide spread in the NHL.

My cousin saw Phil Kessel doing blow in a bathroom at a club in Toronto, or so he says....

Pretty sure lots of guys do it though. Pretty sure I heard Kadri had/has a decent coke problem.

calder

Also how ancient this fucking league when even Fifa has goal line technology, can put a chip in the fucking puck? You can't put a camera in the net?

There are the cameras in the nets but they're often blind by whatever is blocking the puck from the other camers, in this case Helle's glove or leg or shoulder etc. And, if Helle did have a pad on the puck then I *think* the goal wouldn't have counted due to the attacking player pushing him into the net. You never see even a bit of the puck so it's a moot point I guess.

Everyone always says "can't you track the puck in a non-visual way?" and the answer is yeah maybe but it would almost certainly involve a radioactive isotope strong enough to show through bodies... which may be an issue. Any chip or something inside the puck that could be "seen" through a goalies pad and body would probably mean lead aprons for everyone.

I think they are looking at sensors under the ice which could help, but wouldn't do much for pucks not on the ice. And anyone who remembers how glitchy the Fox puck was (which was IR, so still line of sight) knows that it won't be accurate enough to know by a half inch where the puck is.

Chris R

Fucking early ass whistles against the Avs yet again. Puck was in play, shoulda been a goal, we need all the help we can get :(

My favorite thing about Barrie is when he puts his head down and slapshots on the PP no matter how many people are in front of him. Works bigly! Leads the league in PP goals! Sad!

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan Johansen whining about not getting a video package in Columbus, as if anyone knew he was there tonight beyond one or two plays.

Joey pls

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
there was too many questions with that entire goal call but it's not really worth asking as we are up 4-0 in the third :p

edit: hyman is sooooooooooooooooo bad

Top Bottom