• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

calder

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton
With Trouba out, Julian Melchiori is with Dustin Byfuglien, Josh Morrissey with Ben Chiarot and Mark Stuart with Paul Postma. #NHLJets

Melchiori is in? STUART AND POSTMA?!

Marner may get 3 points from the press box god damn.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
looks like the knights are gonna have a hard time dismissing this

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/21/new-allegations-of-london-knights-jersey-fraud.html

One of the men — an employee of the club's retail operation five years ago — said staff would routinely rub puck marks on new shirts to create a game worn appearance.

”(My manager at the time) explained to me how he threw hockey pucks to replicate marks on the jersey," said Tyler French, an avid jersey collector who worked in the club's store in the 2012-13 season. ”I was in the store bending over the heat press making jersey orders that came in and he came out of the back office and said he's hanging up jerseys and throwing pucks at them."

Former Knights retail store employee French, also an avid hockey jersey collector, bought his jersey for about $900 through a Knights' online auction.

It was, according to an accompanying letter of authenticity, worn by star player Olli Maatta during the 2013-14 season and in the 2014 Memorial Cup.

But Maatta played that entire season with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL. Records show he did not play one game for London, nor did he play in the 2014 Memorial Cup.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really don't wanna see Greg go but his stupid wife ruined it. Why the fuck would you say those things on Twitter where everyone can see it.
I was being facetious, I'm sure this isn't a result of her comments, he's been a healthy scratch for most of the season.

Enjoy being used the exact same way elsewhere dickhead

Pateryn had every opportunity to be a constant, solid 5-6
Pretty much, he is what he is. He'll be a 5-7 guy on any team he gets traded to.

Silexx

241156.gif

But NHL said no injury tho

Yawnier

Banned
I would actually take Pateryn back, he would be an instant upgrade on one of the Hunlak pairing.

But there is Marchenko who has been rotting away in the press box since he got claimed a week or two ago

yyzjohn

Banned
I would actually take Pateryn back, he would be an instant upgrade on one of the Hunlak pairing.

But there is Marchenko who has been rotting away in the press box since he got claimed a week or two ago

Marchenko has really filled in nicely for Corrado though.

calder

Someone in a small francophone town in southern Manitoba was having issues and I was trying to help them. Called the facility like 5 times asking to talk to Lysanne and the person answering the main switchboard corrected my pronunciation every time.

I know Stefani's struggle only too well. :(

New allegations of London Knights’ jersey fraud

Here’s the sales pitch: hockey jerseys worn in action by star players with the Ontario Hockey League’s London Knights during their 2013-14 season and in the championship series.

The allegations: They’re fake.

New charges of jersey fraud are being levelled against the Knights by three hockey memorabilia collectors interviewed as part of an ongoing Star investigation into game-worn jersey authenticity.

The Knights memorabilia they purchased never saw actual ice time, according to the collectors and public records.

One of the men — an employee of the club’s retail operation five years ago — said staff would routinely rub puck marks on new shirts to create a game worn appearance.

“(My manager at the time) explained to me how he threw hockey pucks to replicate marks on the jersey,” said Tyler French, an avid jersey collector who worked in the club’s store in the 2012-13 season. “I was in the store bending over the heat press making jersey orders that came in and he came out of the back office and said he’s hanging up jerseys and throwing pucks at them.”

Trevor Whiffen, legal counsel for the Knights, did not respond to repeated interview requests. The club’s general manager, Rob Simpson, and co-owner, Mark Hunter, also did not respond to requests for comments.

The Star first reported on allegations of the fraud last August. London jersey collector Scott Galbraith alleged in a civil suit obtained by the Star that he paid $4,000 for a jersey worn on the ice by Toronto Maple Leafs first-round 2015 draft pick Mitch Marner, winner of the OHL’s most outstanding player award last year.

Galbraith’s suit alleged the club “knowingly” passed off a “false letter of authenticity” as authentic and fabricated a “fake game-worn jersey.”

The club denied the allegations in response to questions from the Star at the time.

Why? Why do this? You are, for most intensive purposes, the richest and most successful major junior team in Canada. So why do you stoop down to the level of petty fraud?

Erdrick

Melchiori is in? STUART AND POSTMA?!

Marner may get 3 points from the press box god damn.

I'll try and find Teppo Numminen to see if he can suit up for us again. Would be better than 3/4's of what's currently iced for tonight. Seriously one of the worst looking d corps I've seen in a while, barring Byfuglien and Morrissey.

Also those posts in the HFboards... I'm glad the Leafs fans here are better than that.

calder

I'll try and find Teppo Numminen to see if he can suit up for us again. Would be better than 3/4's of what's currently iced for tonight. Seriously one of the worst looking d corps I've seen in a while, barring Byfuglien and Morrissey.

Also those posts in the HFboards... I'm glad the Leafs fans here are better than that.

I would seriously think about kidnapping Tucker Poolman from UND or flying Sami Niku in from Finland rather than have Stuart and Postma on the ice, and Melchiori is somehow worse than Stuart. Good lord, that's as bad a defense as I can imagine the Jets icing in a non-preseason game.

And that HFBoards thread was too much to even read ironically. Just a cesspool of idiocy for all team boards, the only thing that changes is what specifically the fanbase is being dumb about.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Laich on waivers. Less than 24h after he said he wants to play for a competitor? Shouldve specified the league I guess...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not sure why you keep mocking me with this...

The vets have been a big issue this season.

Yeah I can't imagine why.

On another note, the "not injured by a 2-game suspended headshotting Trouba" Mark stone is out tonight with a neck injury.

Whoopsies.

Solo

well, right now i'd rather have space to sign Radulov than pay Galchenyuk the 7M he's going to ask

i'm also excited to talk about Price next year, and suddenly turn into a "price hater" because I don't believe in $12M goalies no matter how great they are

If Price asks for 8 figures I'll pack his bags myself.

calder

At least next year when the Calder is awarded everyone will remember that absolutely no one talks about McDavid and Eichel anymore like that's a thing and we won't have any of this boring shit. I had to think hard about who won last year, which is probably a sign.

You can just see Laine and Matthews choking back weary, bored sighs as they admit yet again that they both think the other guy is good at hockey and they're good at hockey too.

DopeyFish

@kristen_shilton

Babcock on Gauthier being recalled: "We’re going to give Smitty a re-set and then get him back at it, but Goat gets a chance today."

suck it smith

DopeyFish

Ben Smith still needs to be launched into the sun though

to be fair... he was playing quite a bit better before his injury.

When Gauthier came in and absolutely embarrassed him though? lol

Before Gauthier: PK FO: 44.7% PK: 83.2%
Gauthier: PK FO: 47.9% PK: 88.9%
After Gauthier: PK FO: 35.7% PK: 75.9%

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
At least next year when the Calder is awarded everyone will remember that absolutely no one talks about McDavid and Eichel anymore like that's a thing and we won't have any of this boring shit. I had to think hard about who won last year, which is probably a sign.

You can just see Laine and Matthews choking back weary, bored sighs as they admit yet again that they both think the other guy is good at hockey and they're good at hockey too.

The thirst by the media is ridiculous.

I've heard hot takes both ways in which Laine is extra motivated cause he wanted to be #1 and Matthews is motivated because Laine has more points.

Imagine if both guys were Canadian.

Top Bottom