• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Also, something a bit more odd in the CHL front:

http://wheatkings.com/article/wheat-kings-to-open-playoffs-in-dauphin

The Western Hockey League Champion Brandon Wheat Kings have announced that they will be playing their first round playoff home games at Credit Union Place in Dauphin.

While the Wheat Kings have yet to clinch a berth into the playoffs, the club is expected to qualify for the 23rd time in the past twenty-five years.

Brandon will be forced to play at least two games in Dauphin next month, due to the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair, scheduled for the Keystone Centre from March 27th to April 1st. While dates have yet to be confirmed, it appears that games three and four could be played on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 28th and 29th. Game six (if necessary) would be played Sunday, April 2nd.

The announcement was made by the Wheat Kings Thursday morning as they rolled out plans for both the playoffs and their 2017-18 Season Ticket prices. In addition to holding the line on season ticket prices next year, fans that purchase their 2017 playoff packages as well as renew their season tickets by the Monday, March 20th deadline will receive a $5.00 discount off regular playoff box office admission prices for all games played in Brandon.

I've been to the barn that they are going to play at in Dauphin, it's relatively new and small. Should be fun, especially in a playoff environment.

Foggy

Columbus Blue Jackets rookie Zach Werenski could become the Tom Brady of the NHL

WaEExZ2.gif

MikeRahl

that's an atricious headline, fucking ESPN...

Lol yes it is

Here's the connection:

He just happens to be playing in a rookie class that also includes Auston Matthews and Patrik Laine, making Werenski a Calder dark horse. He has entered the NHL a bit like Tom Brady did the NFL -- as an unheralded, overshadowed University of Michigan kid who is using his intellect to find open receivers time after time.

Werenski was totally unheralded, going 8th overall in a stacked draft.

Foggy

Unheralded and under the radar is a relative thing, guys. Why are you people trying to impugn the fine work of ESPN?

It's too bad the MTS Centre is so busy with the Jets and the Moose or that would be a good fit.

They used to play the Winter Fair games there a few years back I believe.

It won't happen. Wheaties are Westman's team, besides, I doubt Winnipegers are gonna give a shit about a major junior team.

calder

It's too bad the MTS Centre is so busy with the Jets and the Moose or that would be a good fit.

They used to play the Winter Fair games there a few years back I believe.

Yeah they did, and it's a shame they pretty much can't anymore. I think they'd draw very well - lower bowl sellouts - for a couple of playoff games.

PillarEN

Is something going on with the switch?

Not really. Expensive controllers. Finally your games are tied to your account (but no family sharing on the console). It plays Zelda and some other games in the launch window. Battery for handheld mode with default brightness plying Zelda was at 2:45.

Line_HTX

I mean, looking at the Jay and Dan news in a more broad light, it might mean that FS1 is on the ropes in terms of original content. Live events might be good...but I don't know. FS1 is really the one stop shop for motorsports fans in the Americas, especially considering they have the TV deals with IMSA, and I believe the 24 Hours of Le Mans as well.

Yes, this is was how I was able to watch the 6 Hours of COTA and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

I don't think FS1 is going anywhere because they've still have baseball and soccer.

MikeRahl

It won't happen. Wheaties are Westman's team, besides, I doubt Winnipegers are gonna give a shit about a major junior team.

There were rumors that True North was kicking the tires on a WHL team (either expansion or relocation) before the Moose moved back. It would work in having a good regional rival for the Wheaties but probably hard to justify a team even further east of them, although all west teams playing in Brandon would probably just scoot over to Winnipeg.

They would probably need another arena, or drastically expand one of the rinks at the IcePlex because the MTS Centre is way too busy there. I would try to make it to a few games. I had season tickets for the Wheat Kings and the price was right for the quality of hockey.

Yawnier

Banned
Not really. Expensive controllers. Finally your games are tied to your account (but no family sharing on the console). It plays Zelda and some other games in the launch window. Battery for handheld mode with default brightness plying Zelda was at 2:45.
Aside from it plays Zelda most of that sounds terrible.

Worst thing about the Switch so far is the thought of actually playing a game using a single joycon. Looks uncomfortable as hell. Other than that it looks like a pretty cool system.

calder

There were rumors that True North was kicking the tires on a WHL team (either expansion or relocation) before the Moose moved back. It would work in having a good regional rival for the Wheaties but probably hard to justify a team even further east of them, although all west teams playing in Brandon would probably just scoot over to Winnipeg.

They would probably need another arena, or drastically expand one of the rinks at the IcePlex because the MTS Centre is way too busy there. I would try to make it to a few games. I had season tickets for the Wheat Kings and the price was right for the quality of hockey.

Ah I remember that. I was always a bit more excited by the idea of a WHL team than an AHL (or IHL, way back) team but I recall the WHL being very hesitant to expand any further east. Brandon was already stretching the boundaries of what was geographically possible in a bus league and another 2 and a half hours would have been hard to sell to the other teams.

Who am I kidding though, I still haven't seen a Moose game and I walk past the MTS Centre on my way home from work every day. Just really wish the Moose were on TV now and then, I'd love to see how the prospects are doing on something more than gif highlights on twitter.

MikeRahl

Ah I remember that. I was always a bit more excited by the idea of a WHL team than an AHL (or IHL, way back) team but I recall the WHL being very hesitant to expand any further east. Brandon was already stretching the boundaries of what was geographically possible in a bus league and another 2 and a half hours would have been hard to sell to the other teams.

Who am I kidding though, I still haven't seen a Moose game and I walk past the MTS Centre on my way home from work every day. Just really wish the Moose were on TV now and then, I'd love to see how the prospects are doing on something more than gif highlights on twitter.

I would prefer the WHL to the AHL but that's probably because I was spoiled by the Wheaties being so consistently good for so long.

Chris R

Just tired of wannabe comedian tryhard douches on every sports show.

I miss when fox sports used to have stuff like aussie football on.

Yup, love me some footie. Then they moved it to FS2, then they decided to kill it moving it to Fox Soccer Plus.........................

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I've got other plans tonight, so you won't be hearing from me, so I'll just preemptively say congrats on your 4-1 win tonight Leafs-GAF. Go fuck yourselves.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
so uhhh

somehow the coyotes bill has made it to the senate floor and they vote on it next week

this part is funny too

48-3802 (C) 3.: "Testimony at the hearing need not be under oath, . . ."

guess Bettman will be there

If there is an expansion or relocation in the Dub, it's to Nanaimo. And chances are, it's Kootenay making the move.

Going to a concert tonight so im gonna have to DVR the game.

Simon has no soul: Confirmed.
By the third go around they should at least have the Virtual Console figured out. Hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad vibe that this is going to be another Nintendo flop.

Who are you seeing?

Cake Boss

Banned
Jim Matheson‏@NHLbyMatty 10m10 minutes ago
More
I truly believe Oilers would like to get Curtis Lazar out of Ottawa, knowing their connections with the Oil Kings. He needs new start

Yooo take him!!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Klein is mysteriously missing from warmups. Clendening on instead.

I'm not really here. Please continue to fuck yourselves.

EDIT: Out with an upper body injury.

Top Bottom