• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February Thread - Ovechking sez, "Bang a hooker, then score 4 goals! Hi ladies!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

KilledByBill said:
Although the Habs are competing with the Devils (among others) for tops in the East, seeing the Rangers blow a 5-0 lead is something I can get behind.:D Tip of the cap to the Canadiens! That's what they pay you the big bucks for, right Queen Henrik?:lol
:lol :lol :lol

Rangers...

:lol :lol :lol

so that filppula facebook profile is now gone or invisible/whatever. the interesting thing is that there were a bunch of legit finnish relatives and bender AHL players as his friends. that is one obsessive fan to go to all that trouble for that fake profile.

http://www.behindthejersey.com/2008/02/20/harmless-speculation-about-a-rumor/

but maybe...just maybe...the deal is done and detroit has 48 hours to sing hossa to an extension...and flip screwed up and leaked the deal...and hossa is going to sing an 6 year deal with the wings...and, and, and....*aneurysm*

rs7k

I turned off the game after it was 5-0 to go see my buddy's hockey game, only to come back to the shootout. I was all "WTF??!???", then saw the highlights on Sportscenter.

Queen Henrik :lol

Alucard

Banned
Props to Malkin for taking over the league scoring lead. He's been absolutely dominant since Sid went down.

I've actually been impressed with Kovalev this season. Years ago, he was an incredibly selfish player. He has always been skilled, but when he was with the Pens I often felt he lacked a sense of the team concept. He really seems to have bought into that this year with the Habs, and has actually been passing the puck. I'm still not sure I buy into him as a leader, but he definitely deserves some recognition for his success this season. (so far)

lidstrom out 3 weeks w/ mcl sprain

so the starting d against flames/nucks this weekend could be

chelios lilja
meech lebda
quickey ericsson

:sick

scissorfight said:
lidstrom out 3 weeks w/ mcl sprain

so the starting d against flames/nucks this weekend could be

chelios lilja
meech lebda
quickey ericsson

:sick

you don't get to be sick over one player okay. that's not fair.

Though a slew of teams are interested in Sundin, it is believed that Anaheim, San Jose, Calgary and Montreal are closest to making a realistic offer for the 37-year-old centreman. The Vancouver Canucks are also in the mix. Rumors coming out of here that Fletcher is “aiming for the moon” in discussions about his captain are accurate, as the GM has promised nothing less to the long-time Maple Leaf. When Fletcher and Sundin had their face-to-face meeting in Raleigh, N.C. at the end of January, they made a pact: Nothing shy of a substantial, blow-away offer would be considered by either man. Sundin told Fletcher he would entertain talk about waiving his no-trade clause only on that condition, and the veteran GM whole-heartedly agreed.

Link

Karakand said:
Why? (Other than you're a Leafs fan.)

Look what Sundin has done on the Leafs where he hasn't really ever had top notch linemates, on Anaheim he could play with Selanne or Getlaf or Perry etc...

And my 2 favourite teams would both be made better

epik

BigJonsson said:
Look what Sundin has done on the Leafs where he hasn't really ever had top notch linemates, on Anaheim he could play with Selanne or Getlaf or Perry etc...

Or because in reality, he has to go there.. so the leafs can pick up a player like bochenski and edmontons first rounder..

So we can draft filitov.. win the lottery get stamkos.. tell tavares to goto the marlies for a year or 2.. and come to the nhl with the leafs.

OMGZ ..

someone pinch me.

Alucard

Banned
TemplaerDude said:
is lack of a offense the pens big problem though?

We could load up a bit on the third line, and Sid really needs a winger who can put pucks away.

I wouldn't mind getting Dan Boyle on the Pens to bolster the D of course. Maybe we could finally get someone to replace Scuderi. (although he's been having a surprisingly decent and quiet year)

I'm really curious to see if Shero shifts anyone around actually.

May16

I dunno, there are some weaknesses in the Pens' roster, but I'm not into filling any of them with rental material, especially if it comes at prices comparable to the deadline deals of the last two years.

Karakand

BigJonsson said:

There's really too many unknown variables to objectively judge a deal involving him but I really don't want to mortgage even more of the future (is there really any left at this point?) and the team to put itself in an even more precarious cap position, even though it would probably put the team over the top (again) as favorites.

I would look forward to having Manics and Forza on the Duckwagon though. :D

GuessWho said:
so it looks like tanguay is coming to mtl. Deal is almost done according to Pierre Mcguire
calgary fans how's tanguay?

His goal production has been on the decline for years. He'll fit in well....

EDIT: Simon Gagne has been told by doctors not to play for the remainder of this season due to concussion problems...

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
So, with the rumours of Burke possibly coming to Toronto next season (if they pay him enough) and the Ducks being interested in Sundin, does anyone think that Burke might purposely overpay for Sundin to put himself in a better position with the Leafs? I know it sounds far-fetched, and it would also be a pretty low thing to do, but still...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Karakand said:
I would look forward to having Manics and Forza on the Duckwagon though. :D
I'd love to derail that duckwagon in the first round, if the standings are to stay the way they are right now ;)

need a dallas win tonight!

scissorfight said:
but maybe...just maybe...the deal is done and detroit has 48 hours to sing hossa to an extension...and flip screwed up and leaked the deal...and hossa is going to sing an 6 year deal with the wings...and, and, and....*aneurysm*
i'm guessing you had that aneurysm before you kept fucking typing "sing"

Wolf

GO HABS GO
so not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I wonder what that east vs west record is looking like right now, I know the east has done a good job lately knocking off some wins, and San Jose looks like they are going to do everything in their power to help the east during their current road trip.

Solo

Wow @ the game last night. It wasnt televised here, but after I saw it was 3-0 for the Rangers in the first on the ticker, I wrote off the game. Needless to say, I was quite pleasantly shocked at this morning's highlights! Especially that it was the first time the Habs had ever come back from such a deficit.

mCACGj

ForzaItalia said:
His goal production has been on the decline for years. He'll fit in well....

EDIT: Simon Gagne has been told by doctors not to play for the remainder of this season due to concussion problems...

No surprise really. He looked good right when he came back from the initial concussion problems, but after the first few games he looked terrible. It's really not that big of a deal, as good as he can be when he's healthy and playing.

Jim Vandemeer was also traded to Calgary for a 3rd Round 2009 pick.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
dam Iggy just took a beating from Ott...

..seconds into the game! Cut him up and everything..

This is going to be a brawl tonight.

sefskillz said:
i thought we settled it... east > west

I thought you were being sarcastic..(or maybe you still are)

*suspicious*

so big rumors going around that the lightning are shopping richards

someone explain to me how any team would want him for 3 years at 7.8 million

sefskillz

Mike Works said:
was it him, prospal or boyle making comments that they wanted out? i cant see anyone throwin that kind of money around. that's a jagr type strangle contract without bein able to set half the salary on another team :)

Alucard

Banned
Mike Works said:
so big rumors going around that the lightning are shopping richards

LoL. I swear, Richards is one of the luckiest men in hockey. He's got everybody fooled. He's not a terrible player by any stretch of the imagination, but 7.8 mil he is not.

sefskillz

need dallas and chicago to pull through. daddy needs to buy playoff tickets

win a damn faceoff devils... thank god for quick whistles!

nice comeback by the sabres

sefskillz said:
need dallas and chicago to pull through. daddy needs to buy playoff tickets

win a damn faceoff devils... thank god for quick whistles!

nice comeback by the sabres

3-2 Devils over the Sharks, you're welcome.:D

That behind the back save by Broduer was amazing! Remember when he got off to a slow start this year and everyone was like, "lol he's losing it.":lol

Raistlin

Holy Shit Vanek 0_0

Sabres are down 3-1 in the 3rd ... with only a few minutes left.

Vanek scores 2 goals in ~30 seconds to tie the game ... and then scores in OT to win. A natural hat-trick that includes the game-tying and game-winning goals.

That's his second hat-trick in like 2-weeks, and he's up to 12 goals in the last 11 games.

FUCCCKKK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom