• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
I'm hoping the Blues win the Cup this year just so Leafs will be the sole holders of the longest championship drought.

eyeless

i had a post then my power went out oh well

we'll find out if we get our first top 4 pick since 1989 tonight, nylander/(strome/hanifin/marner), onward and upward brah

i don't think anyone "deserves" mcdavid, but independent from being a leafs fan i think a team that has been cursed for 50 years can "deserve," whatever that means, a chance at being good, i think if there was a top baseball player coming in a draft then the chicago cubs could "deserve" a good player who gives their tortured fanbase some hope, if not them then who? no one "deserves" anything, but if the player has to go somewhere, i think better a team that has been perennially shit then another who has had recent success, give the cubs fanbase a break

anyway it doesn't matter i'm not actually worried about getting mcdavid, we're getting hanifin/strome/marner and that's cool too

zroid

Banned
I'm going to be a little salty if the team that wins it either:

- has a young #1C already
- recently had a 1st overall pick
- is clearly a good team already but just happened to miss the playoffs due to reasons

And also the Devils because they've had enough success over the last 20 years so fuck 'em

so that basically eliminates everyone except Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, and Toronto

Merguson

Banned

- has a #1C already
- is clearly a good team already but just happened to miss the playoffs due to reasons (eg Kings, Bruins, Sharks)

And also the Devils because they've had enough success over the last 20 years so fuck 'em

so that basically eliminates everyone except Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, and Toronto

Arizona is a dead market, screw them.
Carolina won a cup 10 years ago screw them.

Buffalo.... is a shitty city so screw them!

That leaves only Toronto!

Socreges

Banned

- is clearly a good team already but just happened to miss the playoffs due to reasons

Buffalo works for me, though it's difficult to ignore the best tank job since the 83-84 Penguins.

They also have Reinhart already.

Samyy

Buffalo works for me, though it's difficult to ignore the best tank job since the 83-84 Penguins.

They also have Reinhart already.

Reinhart is far from a sure thing, would have gone #6 in this draft.
Bennet is better but Buffalo fell in love with Reinharts two-way play.

eyeless

these are basically my exact thoughts, and unfortunately odds are he's going to a 6-14 team i think

i think it's cool if he goes to buffalo, but i do not look forward to mcdavid being in our division

it would suck i guess for mcdavid to be put in the desert, a market that doesn't give a fuck about hockey, but arizona might be the best option for me just cause i don't want him in our conference

yeah, basically it's gonna suck wherever he goes

something interesting i think is that it's the year of mcdavid that all the canadian teams decide to make the playoffs, if mcdavid had've been last year there'd be a decent shot he'd be on a canadian team (all except the habs)

the sens getting mcdavid..

Uhhhhhhhhhh what about 1C Tyler Bozak

Curufinwe

Giroux is kind of old, and we're not that good. Gotta add Philly to that list.

zroid

Banned
Hanifin, McJesus, and Strome are on HNIC with Strombo lol

I hope they cut to McDavid when the Oilers win the lottery

calder

I'm back! Let's do this!

Still not sure I want any team to get him, but please no Edmonton, Buffalo, LA, Boston or any central team. Guess I'd be most fine with Columbus?

Socreges

Banned
McDavid seems to have a good head on him despite the ridiculous hype behind this ridiculous TV special (which is entirely due to his own abilities and potential).

calder

He's been very well coached for this part of it to be sure, but beyond that he seems legit like a good kid.

Lmao come in Scott Clarke, keep your shit together, you're just walking down a hall!

Top Bottom