• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Jblanks

If Canucks trade the Sedins, I'll have to take a break from watching & investing much.

I can suffer through multiple Oiler like seasons as long as I still have Sedinery.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/07/...uple-of-rough-years-want-to-win-in-vancouver/

That would be the best thing Canucks could do at this point if the value was right. Their going to be a bottom team next year, and the Sedins are only getting older, at least get some good value while they have a few years left.. but this is Benning we're talking about.

Tabris

CJzJC8u.jpg

I'll still post the same. Won't change my impact on you ;p

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
That would be the best thing Canucks could do at this point if the value was right. Their going to be a bottom team next year, and the Sedins are only getting older, at least get some good value while they have a few years left.. but this is Benning we're talking about.

The Sedins (at 50% retained) and a 3rd for Patrick Marleau (dat size) and the rights to Douglas Murray.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Could become the new Oilers?

lmao guys

The Leafs have been as shite as the Oilers for the better part of 10 years.
Nah. We're our own level of ineptitude. Though I'm sure had we had all those 1st overalls, we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Fuck Edmonton and fuck the Oilers.

Tabris

If they get rid of the Sedins, they turn from a 2 year rebuild to a 4 year rebuild.

The value on the Sedins is high but the amount of teams that can take them is small. As it needs to be a competitor with 14 million in cap space, or one that can free up that cap space. NTC will mean they dictate where to go. Luckily they aren't huge assholes like Ryan Traitor Kesler and won't hamstring the Canucks as bad.

Ryan Kesler should drive off into the sunset with Dany Heatley in his car. I don't understand why so many Vancouver fans have forgiven him so easily. Did Ottawa forgive Dany Heatley the same? Because they both did the same fucking thing, except Dany Heatley was a bit more public is all.

aidan

If they get rid of the Sedins, they turn from a 2 year rebuild to a 4 year rebuild.

The value on the Sedins is high but the amount of teams that can take them is small. As it needs to be a competitor with 14 million in cap space, or one that can free up that cap space. NTC will mean they dictate where to go. Luckily they aren't huge assholes like Ryan Traitor Kesler and won't hamstring the Canucks as bad.

Ryan Kesler should drive off into the sunset with Dany Heatley in his car. I don't understand why so many Vancouver fans have forgiven him so easily. Did Ottawa forgive Dany Heatley the same? Because they both did the same fucking thing, except Dany Heatley was a bit more public is all.

I think a more realistic scenario is that the Canucks trade the Sedins in the final year of their contracts and retain a portion (up to 50%) of their salary in return for a better package of prospects and picks. A lot of teams would give up gold for the Sedins at half price, and would only need $6 million in space.

That said, I think the Sedins retire Canucks.

Jblanks

The Canucks will add Prust as long as the Sharks also take a 5th rounder and throw in Ben Eager.
No deal. Prust is the future of Vancouvers top 6.

Ryan Kesler should drive off into the sunset in Dany Heatley's car. I don't understand why so many Vancouver fans have forgiven him so easily. Did Ottawa forgive Dany Heatley the same? Because they both did the same fucking thing, except Dany Heatley was a bit more public is all.

Yea that's the problem with the Sedins, is that you pretty much got to trade both in the same deal; Vancouver would have to retain for sure to get good value.

Yea I dislike Kesler, and I don't even really like the Canucks.

Tabris

He's a smart man. Knew how shitty Benning would be.

He was asking for a trade when it was Mike Gillis.

His whining and treachery extended through 2 General Managers.

Actually even though we don't know the full situation, Ryan Kesler was part of the RJ Umberger fiasco and didn't want to play with him due to Umberger using his contract publicly.

EDIT - All we got for Umberger was a shitty rental in Martin Rucinsky. Kesler hamstringing us in another bad trade again. His treachery knows no bounds!

dem

Anyone admit to owning one of these?
Oilers%20Onesie%20Big.png

My wife saw one in store this weekend and was threatening to buy it for christmas

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone admit to owning one of these?
Oilers%20Onesie%20Big.png

My wife saw one in store this weekend and was threatening to buy it for christmas

I tried to get one of the Rangers ones for my sister for Xmas but they kept on selling out before I could grab one. :D

aidan

Baertschi signed a one year, one-way deal. So, at least some good has come of today. On another positive note, the Canucks don't have a ton of cap space after acquiring Sutter, so the dollar figure on Baertschi's deal can't be too absurd. (Because why would you pay your young, promising players when you can overpay Sbisa and Dorsett?)

Yup 20k... can go over (there's some threads on the forum with over 100k posts) but it starts making a mess of vbulletin after a while. At least it's not a 1k cap like HF :p

I think we had this thread since the playoffs. Man it feels like yesterday that chicago just won the cup again.

Let's watch my favorite highlight of the Stanley Cup Final shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCug1Orcc94

Mmmm

Thank you Sharp.

zroid

Banned
Why are people calling Pittsburgh the "Jays of hockey" like it's a good thing lol

I do love the Jays, but they're not exactly a team to aspire towards.

(I'm talking about people on twitter FYI)

Sort of a tangent, but I was just thinking this morning, between Leafs and Jays, Toronto has had a lot of blockbuster trades in the last 8 months or so.

aidan

Baertschi got 1 year/$900k. So basically the same contract as Bennett in Pitt and Etem in NY. Seems fair.

Top Bottom