• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Quick

Banned
Here's a shot from the Barclays Center, opposite the view from one of the pictures posted here.
0LtW9ka.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Baseball is still better to watch than Basketball.

I love how big the bandwagon is becoming personally, it's nice to just randomly meet people and share excitement about something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
based on this preaseason, he's not head and shoulders above richards, which is what he would need to be to take a top 6 center role. his faceoffs also look weak.

he's got work to do. this guy is gonna be good, but wings fans are going crazy with the hype.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 35s35 seconds ago

#RedWings Larkin was 3-for-4 in the face-off circle that period. The rookie was 2-for-2 against the Pens' Crosby. Oh yeah, he also scored.

"Weak."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not looking very sharp against the Bruins scrub squad. Giving up a goal 30 seconds in doesn't help.

Rinaldo also started a scrap towards the end of the period by blatantly bowling over Hank. Rangers still on the power play thanks to that when the second starts.

Other than that, pretty dull. At least the real shit is just a week away.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No matter what happens with Larkin and some of the other kids, we got some amazing prospects in our pool, our future looks bright!

Unless Holland keeps them in GR until they get mad and demand trades, which has happened numerous times.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh almost forgot, Oscar Lindberg won the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award for the best rookie in Rangers training camp.

Not that there was all that much competition.

Plinko

If he can sustain that 75% fo win percentage, and after a sample of 4 there's no reason to think he can't, he'll be the best ever.

I'm not delusional and thinking he's going to be the greatest ever. I just found the irony funny.

This is only the beginning. Jays win this year, Raptors or TFC next year, and cap it off with Stamkos leading the Leafs to the cup in their 100th anniversary.......

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody apparently told the Garden about that Korean video with the Kreider jerseys.

It's on the screen right now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If the Rangers had their own Rinaldo, it would have prevented Rinaldo from running Lunqvist.

/Cherry

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bruins somehow are out shooting the Rangers 2:1, but the scoreboard says 2-1 Rangers after 2, so all's right in the world.

McDonagh from the two 'bergs (Lind and Stal), and JT Miller with 37 seconds to go in the period off a sick toe drag.

Hank has been playing like it's April since giving up the goal on Boston's first shot. 31 saves since then.

EDIT: Apparently McDonagh's goal has been changed to Stalberg.

Sanjuro

Bruins somehow are out shooting the Rangers 2:1, but the scoreboard says 2-1 Rangers after 2, so all's right in the world.

McDonagh from the two 'bergs (Lind and Stal), and JT Miller with 37 seconds to go in the period off a sick toe drag.

Hank has been playing like it's April since giving up the goal on Boston's first shot. 31 saves since then.

EDIT: Apparently McDonagh's goal has been changed to Stalberg.

I can't even see this shit!

:lol :lol :lol

I'm playing EHM and Milan Lucic just popped up on the injury report.

Out four months with a broken pelvis. I wonder what happened there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If I nail a job asap, we are having a msg date.

I'm down. I'll be here (almost) all year!

Now that the Rangers' preseason is over, this is a pretty fair assessment of how Etem's preseason went in general:
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 20m 20 minutes ago
Numbers:
Glass 12:25, 3 shots, five hits, 1 block
Etem 13:22, 0 shots, 0 hits, 0 blocks

I'm guessing the final team looks something like this:

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Stalberg
Miller-Lindberg-Hayes
Moore-Stoll-Fast
Etem

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
McIlrath

Lundqivst
Raanta

The Brass line is set in stone, as is the Kreider-Stepan duo, but I could see the rest of the forwards mixing and matching for a while. I think that's the group, though. Etem gets through mostly by virtue of the fact that the team isn't going to put the guy they got for Carl Hagelin on waivers so soon.

Top Bottom