• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

ryan299

Cjbn2fAWEAEJvpD.jpg
Cjbn3yAWgAAhllN.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I respect the Sharks so much with their run this year. It's gonna be a damn good series.

Obviously, I'll be cheering for Pittsburgh, but if you're a neutral fan, it's hard not to be rooting for Jumbo Joe. Or Kessel.

Will say it again...so damn proud of this Pens team.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Dopey what are the stats on teams that touch the trophy and go on to win the cup?

http://thehockeywriters.com/how-real-is-the-wales-trophy-and-campbell-bowl-jinx/

If both teams touch or don’t touch the trophy in the same year, they are just cancelling out each other’s good or bad karma. However, there have been seven seasons when only one team touches their conference trophy. The team that touched it has won four times (1997, 1999, 2003, 2009). The team that avoided touching the trophy has won only three times (2004, 2007, 2010). Every bit of logic will tell you this jinx is nothing more than an irrational myth.

It's gonna be one of those "whoever wins, we win" kind of things for us neutrals. Sure enough the Sharks deserve a cup because they're a franchise starved of success, but you gotta be happy for Phil.

I look forward to 6 games of Vlasic shutting down Crosby though.

Oh right, Justin Schultz... Yeah, fuck that clown. Sorry Phil, Sharks in 5.

lol, and Jones vs Martin. That's a goaltender narrative noone saw happening.

calder

I don't dislike the Pens or the Sharks, and I really like players on both teams. At least no matter what this year an OGWAC gets rewarded this year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cooper already laying out that damage control

Cooper: "I'm pretty sure not a lot of people were picking us to get this far, especially with the catastrophic injuries."

Futureman

Penguins and Sharks is sweet because it's two animals. Lightning versus Sharks is dumb because obviously a lightning bolt would kill a shark.

GRIP

Just got home and goddamn what a series! Tampa was way better than I gave them credit for going into the series and I'm pretty sure the last week shaved a few years off my life.

I did feel like the Pens were the better team throughout most of the series, but Vasi really kept things close until the end. How any Tampa fan could throw blame towards him is beyond me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Adam Gretz ‏@AGretz 15m15 minutes ago
The Penguins outshot Tampa Bay 269-179 in the series. Andrei Vasilevskiy deserves ... something ... for getting this thing to 7 games.
That it came down to mad scrambles at the end of game 7 is pretty crazy.

GRIP

Exactly. Dude was the reason this series wasn't a blowout by keeping Tampa in games that they had no business being in. And the pens weren't just floating pucks towards the net. Vasi had to make some great saves throughout the series to give Tampa a chance to win.

Alucard

Banned

Tampa's goaltending kept it close. I don't expect the same series with San Jose, but I'm confident that the Pens' speed game and relentless attack can defeat them.

Oddly enough, while I'm thoroughly rooting for the Penguins, I won't be that upset if San Jose beats them. It would be nice to see some of those guys hoist the Cup. On the other hand, the image of Kessel with the Cup one year after being dumped by the Leafs would be pretty fantastic.

I look forward to 6 games of Vlasic shutting down Crosby though.

Oh right, Justin Schultz... Yeah, fuck that clown. Sorry Phil, Sharks in 5.

lol, and Jones vs Martin. That's a goaltender narrative noone saw happening.
Just said that too my dad last night 2 goalies you'd thought wouldn't have a chance this is crazy

owlbeak

I don't post a lot in hockey gaf, but as a pens fan, just wanted to say killer series to the bolts fans here. Last night was 2scary4me. Vasy is unreal in net. That game should have been 5+ goals for the Pens, but that guy just kept making saves.

Facing 35+ shots a game and only putting up half that for your side...you can only do so much. That guy did his part. Really fun series to watch!

Top Bottom