• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

I went ahead and just preordered through Paypal paying in full now. As a huge DQVIII, Pokemon, Studio Ghibli, and Cel-Shading fan, this was a MUST HAVE!

Nekobo

I pre-ordered the LE from the site, but changed my mind and was able to successfully cancel my orde. It looks like an amazing LE, but $120 (including shipping and tax) is a bit too much for me.

I'm hoping this winds up on Amazon somehow...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why doesn't this include a soundtrack? If it did I would order in a heartbeat...

klee123

Anyone know any good UK retailers who actually ship games in a box? I'm planning to order this at a UK online retailer, but have been burnt many times in the past where they they ship everything in padded envelope and as a result, it arrived with its box damaged.

Shiggy

Ninostarter is really struggling to reach the first goal. I wonder if we'll ever see what the second reward would have been.

FAIL

Concerning my preorder at Amazon.de, I was notified that it'll have releasedate deliver. Didn't even know that this is special now as they've always delivered games on releasedate to me. Let's hope they Amazon Prime delivery method as that's always slower than their normal shipping lol.

zroid

Banned
their website is weird. You can select a canadian province and a postal code, but the only country available is United states. So I can't pre-order the limited edition if I live in Canada?

nope. we've whined about this at length earlier in the thread :p

there's still a chance we'll get a way to buy the CE, Namco is "looking into it"

C-Jo

their website is weird. You can select a canadian province and a postal code, but the only country available is United states. So I can't pre-order the limited edition if I live in Canada?

I put my province/postal code in, left the country as USA and ordered anyway. Dunno what will happen!

needs more image.

271094_bonusLG.jpg

RustyO

So... is the spell book just pictures of spells?

Or does it include some nice Ghibli pictures / artworks as well?

Friend is interested in grabbing this as a big Ghibli fan.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So... is the spell book just pictures of spells?

Or does it include some nice Ghibli pictures / artworks as well?

Friend is interested in grabbing this as a big Ghibli fan.

It's required to play the game, teaches you the spells you have to use. The DS required the physical book, the PS3 version will have a digital copy.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
This is like the Zelda of the PS3, yeah?

I will pretend this is Skyward Sword. Like when you're sleeping with someone, but pretending they're someone else.

Yeah.

blixa

Banned
It's required to play the game, teaches you the spells you have to use. The DS required the physical book, the PS3 version will have a digital copy.

never needed the book for the ps3 (yes, i know it's included digitally).. though i quit the game at the ice cave, which is somewhere about halfway?

edit; hmm.. actually there was that password needed for the pot-genie with the umbrella or whatever..

Aeana

This is like the Zelda of the PS3, yeah?

I will pretend this is Skyward Sword. Like when you're sleeping with someone, but pretending they're someone else.

Yeah.

They aren't even remotely similar game types, though.

Borman

I wish it would go up on Amazon in the US. I want to preorder it, but don't want to deal with any sort of hassle if I end up moving before the game ships.

Edit : Ended up preordering it anyway :\

blixa

Banned
must have been kidding, it obviously follows the typical rpg formula; worldmap, towns, dungeons, cutscenes.. which i guess is close enough to a zelda. however, as it was said.. the gameplay is nothing similar..

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just found out about the silly Ninostarter thing, but figured now would be a good time to cancel my Amazon.com order and switch it over to the ClubNamco LE. So... done.

b3b0p

I'm still on the fence for this. I'lll buy the game to play, but not in the mood for a mantle piece. However, I know GAF will hate me, but I'm thinking some nice profit could be made off this a year or few months after the fact if wanted. I know, you guys probably hate that.

I'm still on the fence for this. I'lll buy the game to play, but not in the mood for a mantle piece. However, I know GAF will hate me, but I'm thinking some nice profit could be made off this a year or few months after the fact if wanted. I know, you guys probably hate that.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I am actually thinking about doing that, then just buying a copy to play. It is easily my most anticipated game!

Einherjar

Lame, just learned about the Wizard's Edition and after going to Namco's website I realize it's not available in Canada :( Take my money!

x3r0123

sigh time to import this from euro

edit: anyone know where i could import one that doesnt charge alot for shipping? zavvi is charging 70euros just for shipping

Captain N

Just pre-ordered it from The NamcoBandai store. Do they charge your card now or when it ships? Just wondering because if it isn't until January I might forget I even ordered this.

Top Bottom