• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

I ordered PayPal form the new batch. I can access my invoice from the link but all it says is "Boxed shipment." You guys that haven't had credit card issues should just chill. Those that have good luck.

Lucent

you guys should give up. their invoice thing doesn't look like it updates. just wait this week and hope it arrives. XD

Pretty much. I hope it arrives this week or before the weekend next week.

I ordered PayPal form the new batch. I can access my invoice from the link but all it says is "Boxed shipment." You guys that haven't had credit card issues should just chill. Those that have good luck.

It's said boxed shipment since I ordered June 29th, 2012. lol

Lucent

I hope it arrives while I still have access to the building I'm having it delivered to!

I'm in the same situation. Though I'm moving to another apartment in the same complex. So as long as it's UPS I shouldn't have a problem because if I'm no longer there they'll drop it off at the apartment office and I'll just have to sign for it there.

I'm in the same situation. Though I'm moving to another apartment in the same complex. So as long as it's UPS I shouldn't have a problem because if I'm no longer there they'll drop it off at the apartment office and I'll just have to sign for it there.

I work for Volition! (see THQ thread) :p

If your order status isn't appearing, you can login to your account, add something to the cart, log out/back in, and then be able to see your order status. Weird work around, but it updated my order status to "Order in Process". I paid with Paypal back in Sept.

guys guys guys guys guys just chillax. it's only release date (mkay, i'm in canada so i'm not expecting it any time soon), but so far nothing has been wrong. when i ordered they charged my paypal right away and it said won't ship 'til after 22nd. now it's 22nd and it's changed to box shipment.

seriously, some of the peeps here are total paranoids. it'll come to you, don't worry. it's not like they should update you every half-hour or so on which state your shipment is at. just chillllax.

LiK

guys guys guys guys guys just chillax. it's only release date (mkay, i'm in canada so i'm not expecting it any time soon), but so far nothing has been wrong. when i ordered they charged my paypal right away and it said won't ship 'til after 22nd. now it's 22nd and it's changed to box shipment.

seriously, some of the peeps here are total paranoids. it'll come to you, don't worry. it's not like they should update you every half-hour or so on which state your shipment is at. just chillllax.

canceled! lost! damaged! stolen!

1stStrike

Banned
I'm just wondering how people here would have dealt with the days before tracking numbers and, well, the internet. Imagine... ordering something and having absolutely no idea where it was or when it would arrive until it magically showed up on your door.

Terrifying.

zeopower6

I'm just wondering how people here would have dealt with the days before tracking numbers and, well, the internet. Imagine... ordering something and having absolutely no idea where it was or when it would arrive until it magically showed up on your door.

Terrifying.

And you would have to send checks or money orders via snail mail... dear god.

Le-mo

Haven't gotten an email yet.

Edit: Just checked the order number and it says SOLD OUT boxed shipment. I better be getting a copy or at least a refund.

reson8or

I'm with you and agree, but you have to admit, it's 2013 and any company that ships merchandise to end users should have its shit together a bit more. Most people have been charged and have no idea of their orders status, no notification, no... Nothing except a tepid processing on NB joke of a site.

I'm all for being patient, but this thing cost over a hundred dollars, an email would be nice,lol.

Eusis

Yeah, that sounds more like what you'd expect from the late 90s, maybe early 2000s with several companies dipping their toes into the idea of selling their stuff online directly. In 2013 though it should be down to a science mostly or at least a few screw it up, not for one big organization being somehow the most popular choice despite being really shitty. I honestly do wonder how DR made themselves so appealing, are they cheap? Know how to sell themselves exceedingly well? Just a lot of dupes at the companies hiring them? What the fuck, this is a company that wants to charge download insurance that the likes of Valve would laugh off.

I'm with you and agree, but you have to admit, it's 2013 and any company that ships merchandise to end users should have its shit together a bit more. Most people have been charged and have no idea of their orders status, no notification, no... Nothing except a tepid processing on NB joke of a site.

I'm all for being patient, but this thing cost over a hundred dollars, an email would be nice,lol.

again, dude just chillax. if you're like me, you're just patiently waiting it out instead of F5-ing a site you already know doesn't update the status that often. or do you want an hourly e-mail from Digital River? "your shipment is in montana in the middle of nowhere." then 30 mins. later, "there was a problem with your shipment. oh we just got confirmation that walkers, i repeat, walkers are invading the cargo train in which your shipment is on. oh god they got drippy and he's about to be bitten...BANG! Rick and the whole gang enters and saves your shipment! your shipment will be there by tomorrow!"

again, dude just chillax. if you're like me, you're just patiently waiting it out instead of F5-ing a site you already know doesn't update the status that often. or do you want an hourly e-mail from Digital River? "your shipment is in montana in the middle of nowhere." then 30 mins. later, "there was a problem with your shipment. oh we just got confirmation that walkers, i repeat, walkers are invading the cargo train in which your shipment is on. oh god they got drippy and he's about to be bitten...BANG! Rick and the whole gang enters and saves your shipment! your shipment will be there by tomorrow!"

You're crazy. But I like that. I like that.

kreese.jpg

I get the humorous tone of your post and I do not worry about my order, it been charged and I will get it at some point. However, what he asks for is a really basic service that should be provided by any respectable online sellers. Their way of doing online business is so far from being professional that I understand that some people might get paranoid when we are usually used to quality services.

Reclaimer

I paid via PayPal last July, was charged then, and haven't been updated with info since. Digital River / Namco blows.

I hope it magically shows up this week (I paid for 2 day or next day shipping...) but my guess is we are all fucked... Hahahahahahahaha... Cry.

Alucard

Banned
So, is this one of the top 5 RPGs ever?...

Getting back into gaming a bit more lately...RPGs especially. I only have a Wii from this gen, though. Hrm.

I get the humorous tone of your post and I do not worry about my order, it been charged and I will get it at some point. However, what he asks for is a really basic service that should be provided by any respectable online sellers. Their way of doing online business is so far from being professional that I understand that some people might get paranoid when we are usually used to quality services.

Dudeee, dudddddddddee, just chill man. Go with the flow, It'll all be good :p Kidding aside the only reason I'm worried a bit is I've been charged without any confirmation. Which isn't how most online orders work these days.

Is there any chance of a refund if we don't actually receive the game within the period for which we paid for? Not for the game of course but just the absurd shipping fees.

Is all your guys'billing/shipment address the same?
Left the billing section blank so yes in my case. I can finally view my invoice by the way after weeks of it not working but only when going through the digital river site that Lucent linked.

So, is this one of the top 5 RPGs ever?...

Getting back into gaming a bit more lately...RPGs especially. I only have a Wii from this gen, though. Hrm.

haven't played it...but top 5? hard to tell.

i guess our innocence of exploration and sense of wonder, although we still get the feeling today, had much more impact when we were kids. it's true that as you grow older, you become jaded. xD

my top 5

1. Tactics Ogre/Let Us Cling Together for PS1/PSP
2. Breath of Fire 4
3. Grandia
4. Suikoden 2
5. Pokemon Yellow

then there's the Dragon Quest games, Kartia, Eternal Eyes, Lunar, Star Ocean, Vagrant Story, Front Mission, the Final Fantasys, Wild Arms, Dragoon, Ys, Arc the Lad, ahhh so so so much RPGs.

At this point, having the game arrive a few days later does not bother me.

Not getting the wizard edition which I preordered 5 months ago DOES bother me.

haven't played it...but top 5? hard to tell.

i guess our innocence of exploration and sense of wonder, although we still get the feeling today, had much more impact when we were kids. it's true that as you grow older, you become jaded. xD

my top 5

1. Tactics Ogre/Let Us Cling Together for PS1/PSP
2. Breath of Fire 4
3. Grandia
4. Suikoden 2
5. Pokemon Yellow

then there's the Dragon Quest games, Kartia, Eternal Eyes, Lunar, Star Ocean, Vagrant Story, Front Mission, the Final Fantasys, Wild Arms, Dragoon, Ys, Arc the Lad, ahhh so so so much RPGs.

Yea hard to tell, just with the list you have there it might be hard for it to slip through the top 5 and you haven't named all the greatest ones.

Of this gen? Top 5 easy is the feeling that I get. With the hype that I get from it I feel like it will end up in my top 5 of all-time. As you said, not being a kid anymore might make it not happen. However, Ghibli movies are what gets me the closest to that sense of wonder I had when I was a kid. Hypppppppppppppe!

It's a shame that the preorder bonus for the two extra familiars has expired.
Yep, at least it's cheaper than any retailers so far though.
Orders made on or before 2pm Tuesday, January 22, 2013--codes will be e-mailed to you within 48 hours of dispatch.

Orders made after 2pm Tuesday, January 22, 2013--unfortunately you are not eligible for this pre-order bonus, due to a limited number of codes supplied by the publisher.

PLEASE NOTE: All codes for this pre-order bonus have now been allocated. There are no further codes available, as of January 22.

mojo2

Neo Member
So it was up for 30 minutes or so.

How is it with Amazon, do they ever fuck up and email you that they accidentally sold too many and have to cancel the order?

I've been refreshing the product page every 30 mins since yesterday, I'm so lucky that the only moment I couldn't refresh the site Amazon decides to put up some more stock. As I refreshed again I clicked on pre-order and I got that beutiful message saying there's no more stock, greeatttt :\

I've been refreshing the product page every 30 mins since yesterday, I'm so lucky that the only moment I couldn't refresh the site Amazon decides to put up some more stock. As I refreshed again I clicked on pre-order and I got that beutiful message saying there's no more stock, greeatttt :\

Fuck me, i did the same for 2 days. Really wanted to get in on it. I signed up to get notified too and didn't get na e-mail. :(
How much was it?

Top Bottom