• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Bowler

Hey Drippy even warns you to not get into fights and just run. Heed his warning.

I saved after each encounter and made it there. The fairy water bomb spell on sunshine helped tenfold.

I used every piece of bread and spring water I had though. (9 encounters) to make it to town.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So has anyone ever had their blindness-be-gones disappear from them in the menu? I mean, they're there (shop menu says I have some in my bag), but when I auto-order my items by type there either is a free spot in between my items, or they're completly gone from the menu. Has been like that since Hamelin or so.
Not that I use them anyway, just kinda... strange.

Oh man, this is game is going to take me forever to finish. I played it a little more today and got up until you're searching for
some sky pirates or something?
Anyway, I just looked at my trophy list for this game, and I'm only clocking in at 14% so far.

I will never be done.

Damn this game is sooooo good. Shame on me for listening to the negative comments and not purchasing when it first came out. Took advantage of Amazon's $39.99 price, and this is the best game I've played in years.

What were the negative comments?

Probably all based on the demo. I played the demo and was not impressed at all, and wrote this game off. All RPG demos should start at the beginning of the game. Much more impressive. Loving this game, played all day yesterday and so far all day today. Responsibilities be damned!

Labadal

Probably all based on the demo. I played the demo and was not impressed at all, and wrote this game off. All RPG demos should start at the beginning of the game. Much more impressive. Loving this game, played all day yesterday and so far all day today. Responsibilities be damned!

RPG demos are usually awful when it comes to represnting how the full game will be like. I remember hating the Tales of Vesperia demo. It is now one of my favorite Xbox 360 games.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I re-picked (?) up the game after some time today Beat the trials section. I was so freaking underleveled I actually went out and did some quests and leveled up. Game can get kinda hard sometimes.

Mikey Jr.

a grindin' we go.. switching between 3 jrpgs at once is interesting..

When each row unlocks, go for the absolute best one, then second best, etc. till you unlock the entire row. When you do that, the next row will unlock, and repeat the process. You HAVE to get all the previous ones to get the next row, so start off by getting the best.

I think the last row has like 100hp/mp, which is like, amazing.

Question about gold familiars:

To get 100% in the creature compendium from the telling stone you need to have "entries of all gold creatures (NO need to catch/own all of them)." But how would you have all the entries without catching them? Don't they all have evolved forms that you'd need to train for so that they would be added to the list in the first place?

Lynd7

Hey guys, I have a question.

Are there any errands or side-quests that can be missed after certain points, or can you go back whenever and complete them? Also, after the final boss does the game let you keep playing, for such side-quests etc?

is there an easy way to catch lower level familiars? you lose the opp. once they die..

Well the higher your level is the better chance you will be able to catch one. Also one of the merit awards gives a small boost to the capture chance. Other than those all you can do is just keep trying.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Any tips on making sure Esther doesnt burn through her MP like crazy? I feel like via tactics she either uses too much or doesnt use any at all. Should I pair her with melee as main familiar?

Any tips on making sure Esther doesnt burn through her MP like crazy? I feel like via tactics she either uses too much or doesnt use any at all. Should I pair her with melee as main familiar?

I just kept her set to keep us alive, but team AI is pretty broken in all honesty. I didn't mess about too much and if things got desperate I cast my own heals.

I ended up usually setting my AI to not use any abilities and then manually queue "All Out!" when I wanted them to lay it on. But yeah, it's awkward and messy; the fact that you need to switch back to Oliver to manipulate tactics was a really bad decision on the design team's part.

So I just finished up Hamelin and how
did I miss where they travel back in time
??? That went completely over my head of I was space out lol.

At this point, I'm lvl 31. Where are some good grinding spots?

Cagey

Banned
Finally beat the game a few days ago, crew was level 50 and I was just using familiars I had acquired naturally through gameplay, as I never hunted them (mitey + turban duder for Oliver, for example). Final battle was an Evenstar kitefest but still got the job done.

Afterward, I searched for the best familiars out of curiosity, saw the Dinoceros love, and grabbed two for Oliver and Swaine.

If anyone wants to keep the game challenging, avoid ever using the Dinoceros. They're so overpowered that the game becomes silly. They take almost no damage, they deal absurd amounts of damage... I got them to their final evolution before beginning
The Conductor quest
and just through natural leveling from that quest, none of the hunts could touch them.

Dr Dogg

Well despite starting this 3 months late I'm surprised how many spoilers I've managed to dodge.

I don't know about the 'Savior of JRPG' (they're still pretty healthy on handhelds) but it's certainly kindled my love for the genre on a console at least. Also it's nice to see a young protagonist that is mild mannered and still has some childlike innocence unlike the usual whinny tossbags you get the pleasure of enduring for 60 or so hours. Even though I worked in Cardiff for 9 months and have pretty much lived on the doorstep of Wales for around 30 odd years Drippy still cracks me up.

A couple of grumbles so far that with guiding star on it makes exploration and progression a bit tunneled and with it off sometime clueless (turned it off now so I can get a good look around before marching into the next area underleveled but had to put it back on a few times to get my bearings). Secondly my preorder Griffy familiar is super over powered at the moment, kind of making some boss fights a joke (the party is around level 33 at the moment so don't know how long until 'Griffles' outlives his usefulness).

Other than that loving it so far.

I'm at the part of the game where I'm going around getting
the 3 stones
. Any ballpark on how close to the end I might be? My game clock says I've played for 26 hours.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just finished the game, great game. I recorded it all on twitch while playing it...playlisted it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNmesvldaFY&list=PLvs0pxZM3viXp-7c8Eol63fOYEevLBd5n

or just view on my twitch at: http://www.twitch.tv/corran666/videos?kind=highlights

I'm at the part of the game where I'm going around getting
the 3 stones
. Any ballpark on how close to the end I might be? My game clock says I've played for 26 hours.

Probably a bit over
hours

i stopped playing this game for about 2 months - will it be hard for me to get back in? I THINK im in a sewer about to fight a giant purple rat (maybe about 3-4 hours in?)

is it worth going back to it or should i just give up and put in Persona 4 Golden on the Vita?

i stopped playing this game for about 2 months - will it be hard for me to get back in? I THINK im in a sewer about to fight a giant purple rat (maybe about 3-4 hours in?)

is it worth going back to it or should i just give up and put in Persona 4 Golden on the Vita?

Persona 4 is certainly the better game but honestly you are so early in Ni No Kuni that if you have any interest in the game I suggest you to go back. I have the issue too where I can't go back to games, especially RPG, if I have had a long hiatus but you have literally just entered the other world and are in the first town.

Persona 4 is certainly the better game but honestly you are so early in Ni No Kuni that if you have any interest in the game I suggest you to go back. I have the issue too where I can't go back to games, especially RPG, if I have had a long hiatus but you have literally just entered the other world and are in the first town.
cheers man. I wanted to try p4 as I can play the vita more easily since its a hand held. guess I can always go back to NNK whenever.

Cornbread78

c'mon, be a real gamer and play both at the same time, lol

I stopped playing for the same period and just got back into it a few weeks ago. Your so early in the game you can just keep playing without the need to restart. I was probably 15 hours in more than you, and I just continued.

I, too, am playing P4G along with Ni no Kuni.

Tash

I am still so totally disappointed how fast I lost interest. I didn't even play a lot of hours yet (maybe 3 or so?). It just doesn't progress fast enough I think...or..I don't know.

Really gutted because I love studio ghibli and I loved the art style (and I still love my awesome Mr. Drippy sitting on my desk and especially the Tome that came with the Wizard Edition).

Still, I can't really put my finger on what is lacking for me..

bon

I bought this like four months ago but didn't start playing until yesterday.

So far I love it. I played for about four hours straight. The music and graphics are gorgeous, the battle system is fun, and the world is compelling. I can't wait to play more.

Finally received the soundtrack on Friday from Wayô Shop. Really nice job.

Sadly, after about 15 hours in the actual game, I've gotten so discouraged to go back because I hate the controls that much. I don't small the small grindy stuff - it's the boss battles. One of these days I may suck it up but for now it's too fresh and I cringe.

kitsuneyo

Why does this game have two install files when you buy it from PSN?

It's still installing.... is it going to merge into one menu option when it's done?

Also, since nobody else has mentioned it here, the game is £19.99 (£17.99 with Plus) on EU PSN until 22nd May.

flowsnake

It's still installing.... is it going to merge into one menu option when it's done?

Also, since nobody else has mentioned it here, the game is £19.99 (£17.99 with Plus) on EU PSN until 22nd May.

The disc version installs the audio language you choose when you first start it, so maybe something to do with that.

.la1n

Yes it will merge into one menu option. The other pack is audio.

Should I install 16 GB download first and 6 GB after that? Does it matter?

The order does not matter.

Tiktaalik

Getting back into this after being much to busy to game and wow it's really hard to start back into it. I saved right when starting the new area where you have to get to Al Mamoon and everything is killing me like crazy. Died 4 times. Do I have to grind here like mad or something? What's the strategy for this?

Edit: All my dudes are Lvl 10-11

Top Bottom