• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata announced for PC, game shipping Early 2017 on both platforms

More likely this means it will never come to XBO.

FF VII is "First On" after that nothing ensures a XBO version.

EVERYTHING ensures that this is a multiplatform game.

Why?

1CmgoBi.png

^ THAT'S why.

This isn't Capcom or Koei Tecmo, and it isn't 2001. Expect an NX announcement as well, during their reveal conference in September, along with XV, KH III and the others big names.

Joke post? PC was always likely, Xbox? Lol

It's actually the other way around. This isn't an FPS. This is a console genre. A traditional skill based melee action game. From a studio who's in bed with consoles since the genre's birth. No matter how you much put effort into marketing, JRPG's (the Dark Souls IP being the odd one to match and outdo Xbox numbers in some iterations), Fighting Games and Action Games sell multiple folds more on consoles than PC's, even for a platform which is half in numbers as the PS4, like the X1. This is a cold hard fact, just like how MMO's or MOBA's would pull in numbers on the PC. I'm just happy that they're not just releasing it for the X1 & PS4 (and possibly the NX) and ignoring the PC audience (however minor they are). Would love to see this cranked up in all it's glory and of course, MODS!

Ketaya

That would be great, and it shouldn't be too much effort either given that it's UE3. One can hope.

The first was an incredibly unique experience with a frothing niche fanbase (amongst which I count myself). It's not too surprising.

As far as I know NieR isn't using UE3 but an internal engine made specifically for the game. Since the original studio doesn't exist anymore that might complicate things.

Afro

Never played NieR, but the boss/enemy design in this is so imaginative. The giant, slow moving robot dude reminds me of SotC. Beautiful environments, too. Should be glorious at 100fps.

Grief.exe

So since SE are abandoning Xbox with FFXV and KH3 as the final games since they were announced too soon, at least most will be able to play the sequel to my favorite last gen game. Nice.

(PS4 version for me)

Durante, you should really call SE one of these days and offer your services.

Platinum is getting there. They are still not mathematically scaling their UI to arbitrary resolution choice, but they offered 4K in their recent releases. Their games are still locked to 60 FPS as well.
Would be nice to see both restrictions relaxed in future releases

Oh damn, didn't expect this.

Checking games off the list I have for console exclusives I want and it's getting incredibly small.

Have to be acutely aware of word choice when these games are announced. Many people have been watching Sony conferences in recent years as they have become thinly veiled PC conferences.

Ni-Oh, FFXV, and FFVIIR are two upcoming games to keep your eyes on fire potential PC ports

oSoLucky

That would be great, and it shouldn't be too much effort either given that it's UE3. One can hope.

The first was an incredibly unique experience with a frothing niche fanbase (amongst which I count myself). It's not too surprising.

It's NG+ where the story is amazing right? I tried to play it at launch and getting through the game was so mundane. I think I stopped 5 hours in or so.

Why?

1CmgoBi.png

^ THAT'S why.

This isn't Capcom or Koei Tecmo, and it isn't 2001. Expect an NX announcement as well, during their reveal conference in September, along with XV, KH III and the others big names.

It's actually the other way around. This isn't an FPS. This is a console genre. A traditional skill based melee action game. From a studio who's in bed with consoles since the genre's birth. No matter how you much put effort into marketing, JRPG's (the Dark Souls IP being the odd one to match and outdo Xbox numbers in some iterations), Fighting Games and Action Games sell multiple folds more on consoles than PC's, even for a platform which is half in numbers as the PS4, like the X1. This is a cold hard fact, just like how MMO's or MOBA's would pull in numbers on the PC. I'm just happy that they're not just releasing it for the X1 & PS4 (and possibly the NX) and ignoring the PC audience (however minor they are). Would love to see this cranked up in all it's glory and of course, MODS!

Uhh, I would imagine they looked at all of the people buying up all those JRPGs on Steam(Including Final Fantasy games) and saw there is a huge PC market for these kinds of games. They aren't just hoping it works out, they know there is a market.

That boss battle video is really the only thing that interested me at E3, so it's nice I'll be able to pick this up on PC.

Why?

1CmgoBi.png

^ THAT'S why.

Err, SE have no more XB1 games announced from their japan offices after FFXV and KH3 while they are instead focusing on PS4, PC and mobile.

Ni-Oh, FFXV, and FFVIIR are two upcoming games to keep your eyes on fire potential PC ports

XV and VII:R are obviously on all platforms, but Nioh is full exclusive to PS4 by the looks of it. They first announced it on stage labelled console exclusive and went back on their site being full exclusive. No hint of anything ever since. KoeiTec owns the IP though.

Hektor

A fantastic but niche jrpg is getting a full, big budget sequel.

Made by platinum games.

Written by the same crazy basterd that made the original.

Featuring a new soundtrack from Okabe who also worked at the original.

Including the same vocalist emi Evans.

And designs from akihiko Yoshida.

Is releasing on steam day 1.

I... i...

Guymelef

Why?

1CmgoBi.png

^ THAT'S why.

I'm not talking about FFVII not being multi platform, I'm talking about a XBO release.
Dragon Quest Heroes, Setsuna, Nier, all on Steam and not on XBO.

mcz117chief

J'Nique Nicole totally owns it though, Emi Evans really got outclassed here. J'Nique Nicole's version is also vastly superior because the incredible lyrics are not lost on the person who is listening.

"I feel like I'm loosing hope in my body and my soul...
tell me God are you punishing me?...
This is my redemption song, I need you more than ever right now! Can you hear me now!...
Maybe if we keep believing my dreams will come to life...come to life..."

10/10

mieumieu

nier was on UE3? really?

Ridley327

Awesome news. Hopefully, they can figure out how to port over the first game, even if it winds up as a digital-only release.

nier was on UE3? really?

Yep. Not much of a showcase for UE3 visually, but it was one of the better-running titles as a result.

Top Bottom