• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Crayon

7964147844749268570.gif

Where can you find some of these upgrade materials? I picked up any nearby items almost 80% of the time but none of it are what I need to upgrade anything.

kiaaa

I heard this one was missable. Is that true? If so, when is the point of no return where I need to have all weapons upgraded? In what route?

From what I read, you have to let/make him self-destruct in the first encounter to get the ending. Not 100% on the details of how that works.

AlucardGV

Banned
I heard this one was missable. Is that true? If so, when is the point of no return where I need to have all weapons upgraded? In what route?

ending
y happens while fighting the boss
you just need to let him selfdestruct, so you lose to him, get the ending and then fight him to beat him

Finished Route A today and am halfway done with Route B. (Unless it's much longer than Route A.)
Not really feeling 9S's combat moves, but the hacking minigame is fun.

In Route A I did this subquest where you collect stamps in the amusement park.
Everything was fine until you get in this basement corridor where you're suddenly attacked by dozens of clown robots who vomit oil and they can take a shitload of damage.

That section wasn't really hard as they didn't deal a lot of damage and were easy to evade, but it was fucking tedious to take them all out which you had to do.
Is that basically the game trolling you, or was there a good way to get rid of them fast?

It's not missable in the sense that there's a point of no return. It's missable in the sense that something happens during the side quest which takes 10 seconds and you should NOT disrupt. If you disrupt it and save afterwards, you missed it. You can get the Ending and do the last part of the side quest again and disrupt it then though, so you get the side quest as finished instead of the Ending.

Baalzebup

Finally reached Ending C. It was been quite a ride and I still have stuff left to do. So far, the game has been more or less everything I've wanted it to be. Far from perfect, but pure diamond all the same.

It's not missable in the sense that there's a point of no return. It's missable in the sense that something happens during the side quest which takes 10 seconds and you should NOT disrupt. If you disrupt it and save afterwards, you missed it. You can get the Ending and do the last part of the side quest again and disrupt it then though, so you get the side quest as finished instead of the Ending.

Thanks! What is the name of the sidequest so I know what to look out for?

jonjonaug

Coming along nicely on my Hard mode replay, only dropped the difficulty three times.

1. At the boss fight in the
Copied City
. I cleared it on Hard the first time, but accidentally triggered the joke ending while examining the area afterward and didn't want to have to go through it again on Hard.
2. When doing the sidequest where you fight the mechanical animal and its pack, because the boars kept oneshotting me even though I was seven levels higher than them and had 50% HP and 30% defense boosts.
3. Near the end of the hidden Cave area with all the high level enemies, because I was scared about losing my body potentially and didn't want to lose all the XP I gained.

Finished route A in 9 hours. Probably should have done more side quests.

Most of the sidequests in this game are either foreshadowing or thematically relevant. This is really a game where you want to take the time to do sidequests.

Qurupeke

I platinum'd the game.

I gave up trying to upgrade the Pods and the weapons and I bought the rest of my missing trophies...

jonjonaug

Looks like i'm at the final boss of Route A, so what do i keep for other routes? Everything (level, chips, equip, etc.)?

EVERYTHING.

The only thing you lose is that if you had any sidequests in progress they are reset upon starting route B again, but any cleared ones stay cleared. An exception is the "Half-Wit Inventor" sidequest, however you much money you already gave him he'll already have at the start of Route B. Each Father Servo fight is a separate sidequest so don't worry about him.

Alright, fuck these alternate endings bullshit.

Early Route C Spoilers:
Big ass dramatic and well executed scenes with 2B. Amazing blend of gameplay and story.

Then I go to 9S, he's talking about marking something on the minimap. So while I'm waiting for the marker to appear I walk around and go grab this item like 20 feet away. BAM Ending [Q]. LOL, thanks alot game. I lost 2 fucking hours of progress.

Philippo

Everything

EVERYTHING.

The only thing you lose is that if you had any sidequests in progress they are reset upon starting route B again, but any cleared ones stay cleared. An exception is the "Half-Wit Inventor" sidequest, however you much money you already gave him he'll already have at the start of Route B. Each Father Servo fight is a separate sidequest so don't worry about him.

Thanks, good to know, i've probably already asked this question multiple times but it always makes me anxious lol

Damn this final boss is hype!
Also seeing
machines eating people
made me go "Yep this is a Drakengard/NieR game alright!"

Ferr986

I think Taro was right saying you would be more confused if you already played Nier 1. Already a weird shit happened just two hours in lol

Retromess

Neo Member
Quick question regarding playthroughs after ending A:

Is it possible to play as 2B again? No that I dislike 9S, but like, after I beat B, I know you play as A2 in C some of the time, but is it ever possible to revisit places as 2B?

Ferr986

Btw, I'm liking the new singer used for (some) of the vocal tracks I found so far but I still think Evans is better. Not necessary because she's a better singer but her voice feels more suited for the intriguing nature of Nier world.

Soundtrack is Nier 1 tier so far, the little I heard I'm already liking it better than Drakengard 3. Funny the worst parts so far are the two Nier 1 remixes I heard.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering the soundtrack on amazon.jp but I see 2 seperate listings that look largely the same. Anyone can tell me what the difference is between the 2? One of them says it's 1 CD on the product details, while the other says 3 CDs, but the price is identical, so I'm guessing one of the 2 is incorrect.

The listings:
OST 1
OST 2

Hektor

I'm thinking of pre-ordering the soundtrack on amazon.jp but I see 2 seperate listings that look largely the same. Anyone can tell me what the difference is between the 2? One of them says it's 1 CD on the product details, while the other says 3 CDs, but the price is identical, so I'm guessing one of the 2 is incorrect.

The listings:
OST 1
OST 2

No, they're both correct, there is in fact a 1 disc and a 3 disc version out there.
The one you want to order is of course the 3 disc version, as of now that one also comes with a 4th bonus discs for a limited time.

No, they're both correct, there is in fact a 1 disc and a 3 disc version out there.
The one you want to order is of course the 3 disc version, as of now that one also comes with a 4th bonus discs for a limited time.

Oh cool, so the one with the longest title then? I can't read japanese so this has been confusing for me :p. I hope the song names will be in english but I doubt it.

Hektor

Oh cool, so the one with the longest title then? I can't read japanese so this has been confusing for me :p. I hope the song names will be in english but I doubt it.

Yea, that one
【早期購入特典あり】NieR:Automata Original Soundtrack(NieR:Automata オリジナル・サウンドトラック 特典CD付)

The titles of the past OST's used to be in japanese, so i wouldn't expect it any different this time around.

Yea, that one
【早期購入特典あり】NieR:Automata Original Soundtrack(NieR:Automata オリジナル・サウンドトラック 特典CD付)

The titles of the past OST's used to be in japanese, so i wouldn't expect it any different this time around.

Yeah, thought so. That's fine, I can probably just edit the mp3 names myself if it's too annoying. Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Is there any chance of this OST releasing in English btw? I don't think the previous Nier OST got released in the west so probably not I guess.

Route C is unreal. Amazing that such quality is saved until 3rd time round.

Can't wait to get there myself. Finished route A yesterday and am currently in the middle of route B. The ending of route A leaves so many questions unsolved. Some sidequests seem to hint there's something going on behind the scenes.

Top Bottom