• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I
ate the mackarel
:(

where was I supposed to
blow myself up
for something to happen btw? I dont care about spoilers.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Little bro: 9S
Big sis: A2
Cousin: 6O
Dad: Pascal
Mom: Anemone
Crazy Aunt: Jackass

JJShadow

Starting route C right now

NnoGhN1.gif

Oh my god, I'm dying.

So I'm fighting the 1st
big Eve Ball
near the end of Route A and somehow a moose got caught up in our melee and took a hit from me so it charged off and hit the enemy like 3 times for twice the damage I was doing.

Question:
After beating Route C, I loaded the game again after saving and I'm back at the beginning of Route A. Is this correct? We can't free roam?

EDIT: What the hell? Now I'm confused.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have endings
K, T, U, W
now, any other ones besides the
5 "real" ones
?

Retromess

Neo Member
I just finished ending .

Holy moly, what a great preview. Reminds me of MGSV, but thankfully, I know this one won't be a grand total of 7 new missions and an unfinished ending. :p

Can't wait to rip into C and see what happens next.

This game is so great.

IbukiLordSA

Does anyone know how to access the doors
that have the robot in front of them that commit suicide
I have found 3 of them but no idea how to access them.

Rhaknar

is the
wandering couple
a later route sidequest or something? I cant seem to find way to get to where the marker is (there is also another marker with a ? near it I also cant get to.

Just want to know because if so, I can move on.

Aw man, Route A was great. I can't wait to start Route B. I wonder-

*Route B controls 9S*

Into the dumpster you go, computer.

(I'm kidding)

is the
wandering couple
a later route sidequest or something? I cant seem to find way to get to where the marker is (there is also another marker with a ? near it I also cant get to.

You can finish the quest as
long as you can go to the flooded city (and have the 50k they want). There's a few more steps after that, though.

Hektor

is the
wandering couple

he marker points to an area you don't have any access to yet. You'll inevitably find them later on once you progressed with the story.

That said, i might give you a short warning regarding the quest

If you continued their quest, leave the area and wait for the quest to update, do not progress with the story until you finished it.

Rhaknar

You can finish the quest as
long as you can go to the flooded city (and have the 50k they want). There's a few more steps after that, though.

I havent been there yet, is that after the
forest
, because I also havent been to that.

he marker points to an area you don't have any access to yet. You'll inevitably find them later on once you progressed with the story.

That said, i might give you a short warning regarding the quest

If you continued their quest, leave the area and wait for the quest to update, do not progress with the story until you finished it.

ok im looking at the map and it seems that I should just continue the story for now, the few sidequests I see I either cant seem to get there or its stuff like the
parade
or the last part of the
monk
which Im too low lvl for. Back to the main story then, cheers peeps.

I just encountered one. No one really knows? Does that mean it's possible DLC or something?

There's two that I found. One on the coast and one in the forest behind waterfall.

I assumed it's possible DLC or perhaps there was more zones/dungeons and it was a joke how they couldn't get to it or scrapped it.

Baalzebup

Does anyone know how to access the doors
that have the robot in front of them that commit suicide
I have found 3 of them but no idea how to access them.

AFAIK, nobody knows.

I just encountered one. No one really knows? Does that mean it's possible DLC or something?

There's two that I found. One on the coast and one in the forest behind waterfall.

I assumed it's possible DLC or perhaps there was more zones/dungeons and it was a joke how they couldn't get to it or scrapped it.
I made a post about them just a while ago in the spoiler thread. There isn't anything story or narrative related, but I'll just tag it anyway just in case someone doesn't want to know.
I decided to fuck around with the debug mode a bit just for fun, and after tripping a while in the city with the wireframe mode activated (check it out in the city ruins, it is kind of surreal in its own way), I decided to use it to see what, if any, assets were present at trollish locked doors with the apologizing, sudoku-committing robot. You can see the mesh for the elevator shaft and another door under the ones we can see, but nothing else at all. Not even a hint of any "ground" or anything at all, beside the elevator shaft and second door
I couldn't be arsed to check the one in the woods but I'm pretty sure the results would be the same.
I really wish the Flooded City was actually a zone and not... nothing
But it is flooded and the androids don't seem to swim very well. :D

Synless

You know what made me sad? Spoiler*
Route C when Pascal's village is destroyed there is a locked door where the little boy robot was waiting with his super lock he promised 9s... and he was trapped in the flames, burning.

LotusHD

Banned
You know what made me sad?
Route C when Pascal's village is destroyed there is a locked door where the little boy robot was waiting with his super lock he promised 9s... and he was trapped in the flames, burning.

Jesus...

Also mark your spoilers.

Baalzebup

You know what made me sad?
Yup, I definitely noted that as well. It is just one of those fucked up details that makes everything just a touch more sad.

LotusHD

Banned
Did my spoiler tag not give away the fact it was a spoiler?

No I mean that for your spoiler, that is Route C related. So it would be considerate towards others if you labeled it as such, like this for example: (Route C spoilers)

In general, no one likes not knowing what the heck someone is putting in spoiler tags.

Was having a tough time with Speed Star 3 so I fused a bunch of Moving Speed chips til it was maxed out, equip them in Set B & then proceed to smoke him. After I won I went to switch back to my regular chip set only to find out that I never set Set B as active...

Felt good man.

Weird sound glitch during an ending credits sequence (no spoilers).

Just completed the last thing of Ending C. During the final sequence and through the cutscene and credits I keep hearing what sound like "battle sounds". It's like the same 60 second loop, sounds like weapons cutting through the air and blood and also sometimes a snarling dog and at the end a "kaching". Kind of spoiled the experience but was also kind of funny.

Edit: Oh weird, it started up again when I got to the Main Screen. Maybe it's the game telling me to take a break...

Finished Route B

Most of the gameplay was a slog until I got to the new content with 9S. I was caught off guard with the segment where you hack Eve. The credits morphing into a NEXT TIME Promo was also fantastic and has me excited that I can say goodbye to the events of A/B and move on to C.

Question before I get to Route C.

How easy is it to get Endings C & D? Do I have to worry about saves or anything. I want to get both endings at easily as possible.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished Route B

Most of the gameplay was a slog until I got to the new content with 9S. I was caught off guard with the segment where you hack Eve. The credits morphing into a NEXT TIME Promo was also fantastic and has me excited that I can say goodbye to the events of A/B and move on to C.

Question before I get to Route C.

How easy is it to get Endings C & D? Do I have to worry about saves or anything. I want to get both endings at easily as possible.

You just play the game to get one ending, then use chapter select to get the rest.

I really enjoy the personality difference between Operators. Playing thru again on Route B makes
9S' interactions with 21O as compared to 2B and 60
pretty amusing.

Also there is literally no way we can have OT2 not called Nier: Automata IOT2I "THIS CANNOT CONTINUE"

LotusHD

Banned
I really enjoy the personality difference between Operators. Playing thru again on Route B makes
9S' interactions with 21O as compared to 2B and 60
pretty amusing.

Also there is literally no way we can have OT2 not called Nier: Automata IOT2I "THIS CANNOT CONTINUE"

Lol, the game has a lot of memorable lines we can use.

Top Bottom