• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Xliskin

Route C I need some one explain to me
what they meant when they said "Devola and Popola no longer have twin system " ??!!

Ruff

Route C I need some one explain to me
what they meant when they said "Devola and Popola no longer have twin system " ??!!

What It means is
they decided not to pair androids with a twin sibling bond in future models because of how badly the P+D messed up

LotusHD

Banned
Then why did the other poster suggest otherwise? That was my original question, are there any actual consequences to these choices?
Are these choices what makes parts C and D different, or is it like A and B where I don't have to do anything?

I only suggest to do A2 first because there's thing that happens with one of the secondary characters. And I may not have gotten to see how that concluded had I alternated between her and 9S. So whenever people ask this question, I always tell them to stick with A2 first, in order to maximize their chances of encountering what I did.

beejee

Neo Member
Finished Ending A last night and I feel like nothing was answered (but I'm not surprised).

Started B today and had the main gameplay change spoiled for me earlier in this thread so wasn't too surprised. Really liked the beginning bit with
playing as the robot trying to desperately help his brother out.

I didn't have much time to play this past week and this week, so I'm staying away from Nier threads, but goddamn this game is incredible. The bit I've just played in the abandoned factory with that goddamn song playing (Become as Gods) was fucking incredible.

Taruranto

The
desert
is really the worst area for me, half of the time I can't tell what I can actually climb and it's boooring to traverse.

CatPee

Holy fuck the game has the Doppler Effect in its audio design. :O

(major character spoiler!)

Running away from Emil's car lowers the pitch and running towards it raises it
. GOAT sound design.

Dartastic

Three or so hours in and I'm fighting that robot in the theater and I think this is starting to click a little more. This is kinda fucking cool as hell. So far at its best it's a combination of bullet hell and bayonetta, which is wild.

Finished Ending A last night and I feel like nothing was answered (but I'm not surprised).

Started B today and had the main gameplay change spoiled for me earlier in this thread so wasn't too surprised. Really liked the beginning bit with
playing as the robot trying to desperately help his brother out.
I kept tripping on purpose
making it spill the bucket.

...because I'm a horrible person.

Astral

Yo I can't continue this fucking Wandering Couple quest because of these fucking
golden
robots not letting me interact with the NPC.

jonjonaug

MOTHERFU****

Just finished C ending
it says the resistance woman has something to say I loaded my last save data but it started in the first mission with enemies level 1, did I do something wrong ?? ??

Go back to the title screen and check the new "Chapter Select" option after loading your save file.

LotusHD

Banned
MOTHERFU****

Just finished C ending
it says the resistance woman has something to say I loaded my last save data but it started in the first mission with enemies level 1, did I do something wrong ?? ??

Use chapter select and pick the other character to fight as at the climax of Route C.

Samikaze

MOTHERFU****

Just finished C ending
it says the resistance woman has something to say I loaded my last save data but it started in the first mission with enemies level 1, did I do something wrong ??

Go to chapter select and choose the last part again. Choose to play as other character.

Leiru

Hey i got the key that unlocks the elevator in the shopping mall, but the prompt doesnt appear is there a specific chapter i need to be on?

kiaaa

Trying to max the last few weapons and Large Gears are suddenly impossible to find. Supposedly a shop can sell them, but the inventory changes randomly and I can't get the right list. Enemies aren't dropping them much either.

Fisty

Fucking stupid ass third playthrough, ive replayed the same fucking scenes so many goddamn times because you can't fucking save half the fucking time. Seriously pissing me off, getting stunlocked while fucking incapacitated and cant move or dodge

Ourobolus

Banned
Playing through again...whoa, I totally missed a bunch of backstory in Route C (middle of the route):

if you talk to Anemone again after she directs you to Pascal for the fuel filter, she directs you to a terminal behind her to give you more backstory on Anemone and A2.

Neat.

LotusHD

Banned
Fucking stupid ass third playthrough, ive replayed the same fucking scenes so many goddamn times because you can't fucking save half the fucking time. Seriously pissing me off, getting stunlocked while fucking incapacitated and cant move or dodge

Is this regarding 2B?

jonjonaug

Trying to max the last few weapons and Large Gears are suddenly impossible to find. Supposedly a shop can sell them, but the inventory changes randomly and I can't get the right list. Enemies aren't dropping them much either.

I'd really just work on refreshing
Emil's
inventory until he sells it, because that inventory list has like every rare-er drop for weapon upgrading in the game in it besides machine parts.

But if you want to grind enemies, I think there's a good spot near the Forest - Central hub. If you look around on the minimap you can see a thick group of enemies nearby in a dead end, I've had these guys drop large gears.

OniBaka

Playing through again...whoa, I totally missed a bunch of backstory in Route C (middle of the route):

if you talk to Anemone again after she directs you to Pascal for the fuel filter, she directs you to a terminal behind her to give you more backstory on Anemone and A2.

Neat.

image.php

kiaaa

I'd really just work on refreshing
Emil's inventory
until he sells it, because that inventory list has like every rare-er drop for weapon upgrading in the game in it besides machine parts.

But if you want to grind enemies, I think there's a good spot near the Forest - Central hub. If you look around on the minimap you can see a thick group of enemies nearby in a dead end, I've had these guys drop large gears.

Yeah, that's the shop I was talking about, but I've refreshed him a ton of times and he never has Large Gears. I read that he has a list with them in it, but I haven't seen it yet.

BeeDog

Received my Limited Steelbook Edition from the UK, and goddamn it's beautiful! Will be a while since I can start playing the game though, want to wrap up Horizon first.

And good thing the UK Day One code worked on my Swedish PSN account.

Hey i got the key that unlocks the elevator in the shopping mall, but the prompt doesnt appear is there a specific chapter i need to be on?

Had the same issue and I believe its a glitch. I went back to check a bunch of times, and looked up a video of someone opening it just to make sure I was at the right place, and the prompt never showed up for me. Hopefully it works on route B.

Top Bottom