• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

JayEH

errrr I'm starting to wonder if the game is bugging out on me. Can't turn in the quest to Supply Trader for some reason and the weapon trader has a marker over him but I can't get his quest to trigger. There's also this flickering that goes on. Will try resetting the game.

TissueBox

Do any side quests become inaccessible before this? Because fuck if I'm running to the far end of the desert and amusement park areas again just for this philosophy bozo's sidequest.

Nope not that I know of, though I had most of my queued sidequests finished at that point and didn't double check every thing so can't be 100% sure if I did miss somethin'. For the most part though the main quests and side quests stay distinct enough, so your side quests should remain unaffected regardless of when you acquire fast travel. (Other than the beginning tutorial-ish ones which you need to finish to progress that is.) If anyone knows otherwise feel free to correct me though.

Once you reach that point that's when you really get flooded with them though. My minimap's already a squinting mess. Kinda wish they gave the option to select which quests to show up where lol. >_<

EDIT: Tip for those who want a slight leg up in traversal pre-ftravel, use your animal bait and satchel to ride the wildlife!! You could get 'em from the supply trader.

addik

GAF, my store called to tell me they have copies of the game already. I'm legitimately surprised they sold the Japanese version instead of the Asian version, since we usually get Asian releases here in the Philippines.

GAF, I want to play now but I still have a shoot.
God bless my soul.
XxZodT5.jpg

EDIT: Curiously, there's a "Published by SIE" logo on the disc.

TissueBox

Not to mention that person actually playing on Very Hard...I mean -- *thinks back to several frenetic battles* -- good luck coming out of that with your sanity intact. xP

LotusHD

Banned
Not to mention that person actually playing on Very Hard...I mean -- *thinks back to several frenetic battles* -- good luck coming out of that with your sanity intact. xP

I think I'll test my sanity in the far, far, future when I decide to replay the game.

Added an import link to the FAQ for HK buyers, so they know what version they need to buy to avoid more waiting and wasted funds.

Apologies for the wait, was out and didn't have a chance to update until now.

Theswweet

GAF, my store called to tell me they have copies of the game already. I'm legitimately surprised they sold the Japanese version instead of the Asian version, since we usually get Asian releases here in the Philippines.

GAF, I want to play now but I still have a shoot.
God bless my soul.

EDIT: Curiously, there's a "Published by SIE" logo on the disc.

That's the Asian release. You can tell since there's no rating in the bottom-left corner.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Amazon JP customer review already drop to 3/5, but I know it's very harsh
Guys, please give more impression
Very new content. Takes a little bit of a different approach compared to the first NieR. You'll still be going to the same areas, but for very different reasons and circumstances. Doesn't feel the same at all.
Thanks!

So how's route C? Another repeated playthrough or new content?

Very new content. Takes a little bit of a different approach compared to the first NieR. You'll still be going to the same areas, but for very different reasons and circumstances. Doesn't feel the same at all.

Long winded to spoiler tag to answer your question properly. Nothing is spoiled beyond that somewhat vague but acceptable answer.

Has anyone found a use for items that are marked as "sell for cash" like precious earrings, machine cores, desert roses, etc? The description makes them sound like vendor trash, but I want to be sure.

GHG

Gold Member
Think im gonna go it and get this from the HK store.

I still have nioh to finish up (I think im nearing the end though) and Horizon drops next week.

Lord have mercy on my soul.

Do I lose anything significant by not killing the tank in
the amusement park
? I
couldn't bring myself to hurt even a single adorable clownbot. I even spared the flying ones that attack you on the rollercoaster.

Anoxida

I might get this from the HK store. However I got one concern. Does every route play differently? If it's a 10-15 hour game at best and then a rehash of the same content for a few new cutscenes then I'll probably wait for a price drop. I really really dont like playing the same game twice. (I never replay games except for a select few).

Anoxida

Someone has already finished the game twice, and we still have no imoressions

Would like to know more as well. My budget is very tight and if the only difference in routes are a few cutscenes then I probably can't justify spending full price on this since I don't paticulary enjoy doing the same content twice.

black070

Just going to ask this again now that people have the game in their hands:

Just to get some clarification on the multiple endings - do you basically just replay the entire game after each ending, or do you simply continue on from that point ?

Already got a special ending, curiosity is always rewarded!

check the chip menu... first chip.... description : "removal means death"... well it's yoko taro, let's remove it... BOOM, ending credit in speedx1000 and now on my save i have : "ending T"

didn't get a trophy for it sadly, would have been fun

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Would like to know more as well. My budget is very tight and if the only difference in routes are a few cutscenes then I probably can't justify spending full price on this since I don't paticulary enjoy doing the same content twice.
Amazon JP has lots impression now

wmlk

Amazon JP has lots impression now

It's only been four reviews so far. If it stays at near 1.5 stars on Amazon I'll be surprised, especially considering this looked to resonate a lot with dedicated Japanese gamers. Taro can screw with people though, and JP reviews latch on to some of the dumbest things (like with Alicia, lol).

Anoxida

It's only been four reviews so far. If it stays at near 1.5 stars on Amazon I'll be surprised, especially considering this looked to resonate a lot with dedicated Japanese gamers. Taro can screw with people though, and JP reviews latch on to some of the dumbest things (like with Alicia, lol).

4? Mine shows over 40? They complain about game length.

Moonkid

Oh my days, more of the soundtrack is up. I started listening to the Opera-boss theme until it began to change pretty wildly. After being let down by Dark Souls 3 last year I'm ready to get my face melted by an RPG's music.

Top Bottom