• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Stormus

Another question (thanks in advance).
Just finished the part where I choose A2 at the end and defeated 9S, which ironically kills A2. I reloaded that save and it seems like the game is starting all over again. Do I keep playing, or go back to the save and choose 9S to get a different ending? Basically, when is the game over.

jett

D-Member
After playing some Bayonetta I just realized this game doesn't have Platinum's patented god-awful QTE garbage. Yoko Taro must've put his foot down like a fucking boss on that trash.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just finished the part where I choose A2 at the end and defeated 9S, which ironically kills A2. I reloaded that save and it seems like the game is starting all over again. Do I keep playing, or go back to the save and choose 9S to get a different ending? Basically, when is the game over.

The latter.

Ferrio

Banned

Chapter select and pick the final chapter, choose 9S instead. Also try hacking A2 4 times :D

After playing some Bayonetta I just realized this game doesn't have Platinum's patented god-awful QTE garbage. Yoko Taro must've put his foot down like a fucking boss on that trash.

I think early on they promised this was a Nier game first and a Platinum game second

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Bayonetta 2 doesnt do the annoying out of nowhere QTE tho.

jett

D-Member
I think early on they promised this was a Nier game first and a Platinum game second

That's what they hinted at, but the lead game designer is a Platinum dude so I think NierA is more of a PG product than people think.

Bayonetta 2 doesnt do the annoying out of nowhere QTE tho.

Oh that's cool. I guess they have learned now. :p

They should do qtes like mgr.

I'd rather not. That "flick the control stick back and forth" shit is really not my shit.

Stormus

Just finished. Nier: Auromata was a unique and exceptional game. I've never played a game so melancholy, but still beautiful at times. It's not without issues, but it's ending(s) will be something I think about for some time.

Hopefully this game gets another sequel and can
still retain A2, 9S, or B2. Ending E gives me hope (kind of).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just finished. Nier: Auromata was a unique and exceptional game. I've never played a game so melancholy, but still beautiful at times. It's not without issues, but it's ending(s) will be something I think about for some time.

Hopefully this game gets another sequel and can
still retain A2, 9S, or B2. Ending E gives me hope (kind of).

Come join us in the spoiler thread.

Am i likely to miss something if i skip past the credits?

Not the important ones I think?

Akainu

So in route c when
choosing between 9s and a2 if i decide to play through one do you get to go back and do the other later?

Robiin

I need 50,000G to give this couple. I've heard this quest fails/gets locked away if you continue with main quest. Soo, what's a good way to make money early game? I've used all my gold on weapons and chip upgrades :D

Golnei

I need 50,000G to give this couple. I've heard this quest fails/gets locked away if you continue with main quest. Soo, what's a good way to make money early game? I've used all my gold on weapons and chip upgrades :D

You can do it on the second path as well, there's no need to drop everything to finish it now.

Are there notable differences between the weapons in each category? Is there any reason to not just stick with the starting weapons and focus on upgrading them?

Leezard

Are there notable differences between the weapons in each category? Is there any reason to not just stick with the starting weapons and focus on upgrading them?

It's most apparent on the bonuses on the weapons for the level 4 upgrades. You might want to pick the bonus that fits you the most. The starting weapons are great though, I used them until I found weapons with increased critical chance.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

You can do it on the second path as well, there's no need to drop everything to finish it now.
Well shit, I'm on B and just gave it to them before continuing with the story

Guess I'm out 50k

Zhao_Yun

So, I started this game recently because I am nearly finished with Persona 5. Have one question though. I think I focused too much on the main stoy and just
fought this boss in the white copied city
and noticed that a lot of the sidequests that I've picked up earlier are now gone =/ Am I permanently locked out of those quests now or is there a way to go back to them at some point?

Hektor

So, I started this game recently because I am nearly finished with Persona 5. Have one question though. I think I focused too much on the main stoy and just
fought this boss in the white copied city
and noticed that a lot of the sidequests that I've picked up earlier are now gone =/ Am I permanently locked out of those quests now or is there a way to go back to them at some point?

The latter, don't worry

My copy of the soundtrack (plus hacking tracks) arrived today. The artwork is, as expected, beautiful, and having three discs means that the album art is exactly what you'd expect. Shame that the language gap is getting in the way of reading what's in the booklet. A translation will be online anyway.

I don't normally get soundtracks for games, mostly because the ones for Japanese games are usually imported and expensive as all hell, so I'm happy that between this being on the Square Enix Europe store, and FFXV being available digitally on the Google play store that Square actually seem to start giving a damn about these things overseas. Meanwhile, I bet the Persona 5 soundtrack would probably cost a ton to import to the UK.

Although, if you can help with that, go for it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Finishing up B tonight, then I'll dive into C. Based on vague structural hints I've seen online I'm guessing C and D have you
playing as Adam and Eve
and maybe E is
that rogue android from the forest, since she shows up in fan art so much?

Don't tell me! Just speculating

LotusHD

Banned
Finishing up B tonight, then I'll dive into C. Based on vague structural hints I've seen online I'm guessing C and D have you
playing as Adam and Eve
and maybe E is
that rogue android from the forest, since she shows up in fan art so much?

Don't tell me! Just speculating

Not done with C yet but tell me the
A2 / 2B
is not a coincidence yeah?

Keep playing.

Pooya

Is it ok if I just put the game on easy to blast through B route? Not feeling it, am I losing anything? It's taking too long. too many shooting and hacking stuff zzz. can I put it back to normal when I start C?

question;

I take it you don't get to play as 2B again right? so C is 2A and then some extra epilogues after? that's too bad. I have all these chips and weapons I want to use on 2B!

Golnei

Is it ok if I just put the game on easy to blast through B route? Not feeling it, am I losing anything? It's taking too long. too many shooting and hacking stuff zzz. can I put it back to normal when I start C?

question;

I take it you don't get to play as 2B again right? so C is 2A and then some extra epilogues after? that's too bad. I have all these chips and weapons I want to use on 2B!

You're never locked into a difficulty, and can change at any time.

Route C
does let you play as 2B.

LotusHD

Banned

question;

Do what you want, the story's the main bread and butter anyways lol

You get to play as her again.

wtffffff
Do I have to choose to get rid of my save file at the end of route E?I get that it makes sense to do that given the line all things come to an end but still. What happens if i say no?

Golnei

wtffffff
Do I have to choose to get rid of my save file at the end of route E?I get that it makes sense to do that given the line all things come to an end but still. What happens if i say no?

It's not mandatory. You just get sent back to the main menu as you would for all the previous endings.

Also, that reminds me - if they want to carry the
save deletion
gimmick forward in future games, it might be a good idea to use it as a mid-game fakeout, where you have the option to
sacrifice your save to perform a useless sacrifice because you played the last two and thought that was what you were supposed to do. The rest of the game could only be accessed by saying no

Akainu

Oh so out of curiosity
I went back back to pascal village and attacked the home with the shut in. Did i kill him? Should i restart?

Dubz

Ok so this is the best OST this gen, and possibly of all time. I'm not a guy that praises game music that much, but this OST has got me floored. Every piece is perfect for the area I'm in, and the shit I'm doing. This fucking game, man.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh so out of curiosity
I went back back to pascal village and attacked the home with the shut in. Did i kill him? Should i restart?

Eh, he'll get over it.

Ok so this is the best OST this gen, and possibly of all time. I'm not a guy that praises game music that much, but this OST has got me floored. Every piece is perfect for the area I'm in, and the shit I'm doing. This fucking game, man.

Heh, what's your favorite so far

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game last night.
Read the message about playing the story again. Immediately started again.
This is so cool...

I went into this game knowing nothing about Yoko Taro's work. Now I've started watching some videos about Drakengard and NieR, I feel like this could be a particularly deep rabbit hole.

Is it true that a current-gen NieR remaster is a possibility? Think I'd be down for that.

Top Bottom