• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

LotusHD

Banned
I'm completely stuck on a quest. This dumb recon squad. It says to gather new enemy detail. Cool. How do I even do that? I'm at 85% and completely stuck on this. I don't even know how I've been gathering it before.

Gotta fight and kill new enemies. Personally, that's the one sidequest I didn't bother with, I Youtube'd it lol

DryvBy

Gotta fight and kill new enemies. Personally, that's the one sidequest I didn't bother with, I Youtube'd it lol

Some of the enemies they claim I need to kill like Small Stubby: Shield-equipped I know for a fact I've killed. I don't even know how you could finish the game without it.

I'm only doing this dumb quest because I don't want to farm elaborate gadgets.

fISWclq.gif

Roubjon

I'm completely stuck on a quest. This dumb recon squad. It says to gather new enemy detail. Cool. How do I even do that? I'm at 85% and completely stuck on this. I don't even know how I've been gathering it before.

You just have to find and kill new enemy types you haven't seen before. I gave up on the quest because I couldn't be bothered to re-load areas over and over again to make them spawn.

KTallguy

Banned
Hey sorry to bug people, but I'm trying to figure out whether the US version has an option to change ALL the text to Japanese, including system, dialog, etc.

I want to play the game as if it was completely in Japanese. Is that possible with the US version?

LotusHD

Banned
Hey sorry to bug people, but I'm trying to figure out whether the US version has an option to change ALL the text to Japanese, including system, dialog, etc.

I want to play the game as if it was completely in Japanese. Is that possible with the US version?

Yes.

Some of the enemies they claim I need to kill like Small Stubby: Shield-equipped I know for a fact I've killed. I don't even know how you could finish the game without it.

True

Depending on how many you need, you could get a couple from the hacking arcade game.

Just set the game to easy and use the auto chips to beat most of the levels automatically (you'll still need to manually intervene sometimes because the AI can't handle obstacles).

1upsuper

So is the DLC worth the money?

It contains arena fights and some costumes right? I want to start playing this again.

Quoting myself:

It is most definitely worth it.
The arenas are fun and all distinct, and the final rank in each arena offers the only legitimate challenge in the entire game (aside from very hard mode) and actually forces you to make the very most out of every mechanic the game offers.
The costumes are great if you've played NieR, there are lots of other little cosmetic things you can get, and the added story stuff is fun and quite different than the rest of the game.

Having played the DLC I can't imagine going through the whole game without getting it. It's pretty much mandatory IMO. And it includes some
pretty crazy, off-the-wall shit if you're into that, which you probably are if you've made it this far.

Ricker

Stuck on the big shmup part after you shoot the big thing at sea in the mouth(still on the first route I guess,it says W,I am level 21)...on the last section I seem to lose speed and I can hardly move to avoid the bubbles and keep dying...what am I missing here....?

And earlier you guys said you didnt use automatic for skills but do you use optimize...? not exactly sure still about the whole screen for the skills and the active rectangle at the right in the menu...

Quoting myself:

It is most definitely worth it.
The arenas are fun and all distinct, and the final rank in each arena offers the only legitimate challenge in the entire game (aside from very hard mode) and actually forces you to make the very most out of every mechanic the game offers.
The costumes are great if you've played NieR, there are lots of other little cosmetic things you can get, and the added story stuff is fun and quite different than the rest of the game.

Having played the DLC I can't imagine going through the whole game without getting it. It's pretty much mandatory IMO. And it includes some
pretty crazy, off-the-wall shit if you're into that, which you probably are if you've made it this far.

Thanks for the reply! I bought it. Going to boot it up tomorrow, I like a good challenge.

LotusHD

Banned
Stuck on the big shmup part after you shoot the big thing at sea in the mouth(still on the first route I guess,it says W,I am level 21)...on the last section I seem to lose speed and I can hardly move to avoid the bubbles and keep dying...what am I missing here....?

And earlier you guys said you didnt use automatic for skills but do you use optimize...? not exactly sure still about the whole screen for the skills and the active rectangle at the right in the menu...

I don't recall doing anything specific, just tried my best not to get hit.

And yes I use Optimize, you should too.

Ricker

I don't recall doing anything specific, just tried my best not to get hit.

And yes I use Optimize, you should too.

Ok thanks...even my attack with R1 changed in that last part...I just closed the game after the cutscenes,hopefully I start right there when I try again later.

Alright, I cheated and used you-know-what for the Platinum. Great game!

26 endings seems overkill and I spent so much time gathering materials/Reconnaissance Squad.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy shit .. Route B beginning ..

I can't believe the game fucking recorded all my settings shenanigans lol.
so awesome.

Ricker

Phew,finally finished that Sea part...I was hitting a button that switched something in my firing mode in the frenzy and it was small lasers,not the L1 when you are in the mechs, but something else and that made me stop firing the regular lasers...loving the game but some stuff is a little annoying,the map for one is awful and sometimes the ennemies just dont show up in the red circles...

Kaelan

Holy shit .. Route B beginning ..

I can't believe the game fucking recorded all my settings shenanigans lol.
so awesome.

I literally said out loud "no fucking way" Little small details like this makes the game one of the greatest of all time IMO.

It seems that Kira Buckland and Kyle McCarley are planning to perform a fan translation of all the stage scripts from the recent Nier concerts (at some unspecified future time, so it's probably best to just keep an eye on this channel https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley).

(Mentioned offhand in reddit comments by one of the mods on Kyle McCarley's Twitch channel: https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/6c8tii/translation_all_5_english_automata_concert/)

Does that mean they've selected minty's translation? That's what I hoped that would happen, since their translations had the best flow and reflected how the characters were localized. We're in for a treat, if true.

Cool robots don't look at explosions.

I played through the entire game again to be able to access the dlc. My GOTY and has moved into my top five all-time.

That's the funny thing about this game. I find that, the more time I spend with it, the better it gets.

1upsuper

Yep. Throughout my playthrough I kept thinking "Damn, this HAS to be the peak" and the game just kept getting better and better. I've dumped ~120 hours into it and I'm still playing. Of course, by now I've done literally everything but one thing.

Coreda

This has probably been asked multiple times but since it's not in the OT FAQ I'll ask (route A ending query):
It asks whether to save following the credits. Am I supposed to or not to continue? Can't seem to find this basic information, all the results are about ending E (which partially spoiled me trying to find the answer...).

Hektor

This has probably been asked multiple times but since it's not in the OT FAQ I'll ask (route A ending query):
It asks whether to save following the credits. Am I supposed to or not to continue? Can't seem to find this basic information, all the results are about ending E (which partially spoiled me trying to find the answer...).

You should save yea

Damn I wanted to buy this now that I'm done but the limited edition is gone... And the regular is out of stock on Amazon...
It seems like there are some distribution issues? Or I'm not looking at the right places (I live in france btw)

Ricker

Nothing I hate any more then a game that doesnt give you back your items when you die and are sent back to the last save to redo it all over...I am out of restorative items now and have to try again something I died to even with all my stuff...probably done with this game.

Adam fight

LotusHD

Banned
Nothing I hate anymore then a game that doesnt give you back your items when you die and are sent back to the last save to redo it all over...I am out of restorative items now and have to try again something I died to even with all my stuff...probably done with this game.

Adam fight

Go to the Resistance camp and talk to Anemone.

Is there a science behind
Emil spawning near the Resistance camp so I can get the 2 weapons he offers?

I think
he sends you a one-time email the first time he spawns there, so if you suddenly get an unexpected email try going straight there.

Otherwise, just check the map and listen for him playing his music at double speed every time you load the overworld. Even then, there's a high chance he might be selling +6 chips instead.

Ricker

Go to the Resistance camp and talk to Anemone.

Mmmm I want back to the camp to refill on items yes but Anemone just says what's up...what I mean to say is if I have 30 medium resto items and I use 15 during the fight but I die,when I am back at the save point to retry I now have 15 left,not 30 anymore,this is what I hate.

Caim

Is there a science behind
Emil spawning near the Resistance camp so I can get the 2 weapons he offers?

What I did was
find him (usually by the entrance to the desert) open the shop menu and then leave, after enough distance he starts driving again (he gets faster and faster)

I just wait til he reaches resistance camp and the stock changes.

LotusHD

Banned
Mmmm I want back to the camp to refill on items yes but Anemone just says what's up...what I mean to say is if I have 30 medium resto items and I use 15 during the fight but I die,when I am back at the save point to retry I now have 15 left,not 30 anymore,this is what I hate.

Yea I know. I think if I recall correctly, you may have to talk to her before starting that battle, then she'll sell you shit.

What does talking to her do? Is there yet another mechanic I missed while playing the first time XD

After
the camp gets ruined by the robots attacking, and you find yourself in successive fights,
there is a point where you can go back to the camp, and Anemone will sell you curatives and what not. I didn't know that initially, so I struggled a bit during the Eve fight.

DryvBy

I think
he sends you a one-time email the first time he spawns there, so if you suddenly get an unexpected email try going straight there.

Otherwise, just check the map and listen for him playing his music at double speed every time you load the overworld. Even then, there's a high chance he might be selling +6 chips instead.

Thanks for the replies. Apparently you have to spawn on chapter 8 I assume because he finally sent the email. I went there and he's selling junk. But I'm doing better than I was 4 hours ago.

Phew,finally finished that Sea part...I was hitting a button that switched something in my firing mode in the frenzy and it was small lasers,not the L1 when you are in the mechs, but something else and that made me stop firing the regular lasers

You just switched pods...

Nothing I hate any more then a game that doesnt give you back your items when you die and are sent back to the last save to redo it all over...I am out of restorative items now and have to try again something I died to even with all my stuff...probably done with this game.

Adam fight

You can easily circumvent the Dead Souls-like death mechanic by just reloading your last save. If you save regulary, you never have to worry about losing your chips.

I can't escape this game. I beat it over 2 months ago and yet all I've done since is watch streams of it almost daily, and a few days ago I decided to just replay the game, while watching streams.

I'm sick and the only cure is more Emil's shop song

Ricker

You just switched pods...

You can easily circumvent the Dead Souls-like death mechanic by just reloading your last save. If you save regulary, you never have to worry about losing your chips.

Yes thanks,should of thought to try that instead of hitting continue,that helped a bit...also I still had scanner on for my Pod,switching to the bombs help plus I got lucky and repaired a level 40 that did some good damage during the last part of the fight...

Top Bottom