• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Kyuur

This has already been 100% cleared with mods & the OT thread.

The title is 99.9% likely to release with full English support, and is close enough to the NA release that an Import OT would be redundant. (Persona 5 had a 6 month gap, so its import thread made more sense.)

It was decided to post the OT on the JP release date as a result.

That's a shame. I guess I just won't be visiting the OT if its gonna be filled with spoilers from day 1.

That's a shame. I guess I just won't be visiting the OT if its gonna be filled with spoilers from day 1.

Much like Persona 5's Import OT, there is a spoiler tag rule included in the OP that I believe is quite clear on the matter of spoilers.

I'd also prefer that all spoilers are talked about in a separate thread, much like the Gravity Rush 2 Spoiler Thread. (Which accompanied its OT)

In short, I'd hope this isn't an issue I have to worry about. I trust you guys.

Kyuur

Ah, okay, missed that. I agree, would be great if there is a separate spoiler discussion thread!

Great OP by the way!

3 Questions:

• When do new titles usually get put up on the HK store?
  • Would the language support be listed in the description for those still worried about it?
  • How long does Play Asia take to send PSN codes?
None of these are connected and all are completely hypothetical, I assure you.

When do new titles usually get put up on the HK store? Would the language support be listed in the description for those still worried about it?

There is no way of telling with them unfortunately.
There was little reason to be worried about it before square enix confirmed, square enix have confirmed now there is no reason to worry about it, but yes it will say English/JP version.

3 Questions:

They just sent me mine in about a minute~. Im not used to them being sent that quick tbh., but longest ive waited is a few minutes.

JayEH

3 Questions:

• Would the language support be listed in the description for those still worried about it?

When I bought DOA X3 from the store it was around 10 AM their time I believe.
The PS blog post says it has Japanese and English.
Should only take a few minutes.

Vic_Viper

VA2Nt1d.png

:lol

So I guess we don't really know?

It was in a new trailer. It's the Friday after the PS4 version is released, 3 day gap.

3 Questions:

Not sure about the first 2 points but all the psn codes I've got from PlayAsia in the past have taken about 5 minutes or less to come through to me, it's really quick.

Eager myself to get home tomorrow and hopefully get the cheaper HK version!

JayEH

So in 37 minutes then? (As of the time of typing this)

Would 500 HKD cover it completely? No tax or charges that would bring it over?

Yes. Yes. No taxes.

edit: actually it'd be around 24 hours until the game shows up. sorry i thought you were just asking about the time right now.

Vic_Viper

Cant seem to find it now, but I thought someone posted a video series about the other games in the series : Nier and the Drakengard games). I dont think it was the lets plays and movies in the Op. Wouldnt someone mind linking them again.

Edit: Wait nvm, it was the video series inthe Op. Thought they were just Lets Plays. My Bad, Carry on.

Cant seem to find it now, but I thought someone posted a video series about the other games in the series : Nier and the Drakengard games). I dont think it was the lets plays and movies in the Op. Wouldnt someone mind linking them again.

Edit: Wait nvm, it was the video series inthe Op. Thought they were just Lets Plays. My Bad, Carry on.

I recommend this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE6n2KGbaZ0

oh nvm lol watch it anyway

It's not lets plays that are linked in the clip - those are the videos you're thinking about.

There's a super condensed one that tries to fit everything into a single 30 minute video but it's more confusing than anything, IMO. (Though it is well done, it's just too much to cram into that small a runtime.)

JBwB

Man I hope it's good.

The demo definitely shows that the game has potential to be great so I'm eagerly waiting for reviews.

Edit: Only just found out that the PC version is releasing the same day as the PS4 version where I live! Hell yeah!

pezzie

Uhhhhhgggggg you guys are making it real tempting to take the Hong Kong plunge!

It would be amazing to be playing the game tomorrow, but I still want to throw my support at the NA version. Does anyone know how DLC will be handled? I'd have to buy from the HK account right? I heard somewhere that DLC is region locked.

Also, NA version is $52 vs the HK $70 is also a factor.

deadlast

So I finally played the beta for this game, and it was really good. My only issue is all of the enemies are basically the same. I hope the final game has a lot different environments and a lot different enemies. I've never played one of these games before, So I don't know what to expect.

So I finally played the beta for this game, and it was really good. My only issue is all of the enemies are basically the same. I hope the final game has a lot different environments and a lot different enemies. I've never played one of these games before, So I don't know what to expect.

Don't worry there are more enemies than in the Demo (and they're not all robots either.)

JayEH

Uhhhhhgggggg you guys are making it real tempting to take the Hong Kong plunge!

It would be amazing to be playing the game tomorrow, but I still want to throw my support at the NA version. Does anyone know how DLC will be handled? I'd have to buy from the HK account right? I heard somewhere that DLC is region locked.

Also, NA version is $52 vs the HK $70 is also a factor.

yes dlc on PSN is region locked.

LotusHD

Banned

The majority of the regular enemies in this game may very well have the same face, so to speak. At this point, it's a safe assumption to make, although admittedly we really don't know much about the game. But they still vary in terms of attire, size, weapons, armor, transportation, behavior, etc., meaning they have variation where it actually matters.

Finalow

I'm downloading 10gb now, I assume that's the preload? Wasn't the game around 45gb

The JP version is £30 more than the HK version. The only incentive to buy the JP version is to get it slightly earlier, (No preload on HK store).
oh, you meant that, not people importing the game. I didn't realize the HK version was cheaper.

looking at the 500 HKD card on play-asia, I would have saved only around €10 if I got that instead, so whatever.

Jiraiza

Oh wow, the two NieR themes aren't so plain, after all. Has a custom theme song (different for 2B and 9S) and custom icons.

Go download them on the JPN PSN folks, they're free. 2B's theme is from the trailer with the short haired A2 and 9S's theme is another track (that hasn't been used in the trailers) from the OST.

Edit: Welp, guess it was already posted. Still sick, though.

Hybris

Really hoping that the march 10 steam date is legit and they just weren't supposed to announce it yet. This whole steam release date shit is so unbelievably ridiculous.

One thing I noticed on my JPN account, I had to restore licenses for it to show up, and also had to add it to my download queue from the website to preload.

McGwigan

Banned
you already know the answer, don't you.

3183b35272412a572fc2e4cee0a24c64.jpg

I honesty don't know whether this is a spoiler or common knowledge, I've only played the demo, and seen the trailers. I've not seen the game or played it. But all the robot enemies look hella like that guy (Yoko).

TissueBox

First time listening to that Weight of the World song posted in the OP. God this music. It's going right in the heart, straight to the feels. *blows nose*

Vic_Viper

Also in the OP.

It not though. Are the language options mentioned in the OP in every version of the game?

LANGUAGES: English & Japanese Audio. English, French, Italian, Spanish, and German Subtitles.

It doesnt mention if this is for the JPN/HK version anywhere.

Top Bottom