• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Automata PC performance thread

Port isn't perfect

But the port is GOOD.

It generally performs well and it generally looks great.

Overreacting is just going to misinform people.

From what I've read it's a little too demanding even with everything set to low and some real issues that aren't happening to everyone, sound troubling. I was really hoping for a smoother launch :(

Running 3440x1440, max settings except 2x AA and I haven't seen it drop below 60 except for once in about 1hr 30 mins of play

I actually cannot believe this game has decent 21:9 support, but I love it.

What card? If you're running fullscreen there's a good chance you're not actually rendering that resolution.

Zanzura

Running this with a 970, 16GB RAM, 4690k @ 4.5ghz and the performance is uneven depending on the area. Past the tutorial, the open world part with all the grass tanks the framerate. Though that's at 1440p. At 1080p it sometimes hits 60 but hovers around 55-ish. Adjusting settings around such as lowering AA or disabling AO makes it a solid 60 for the most part. Unsure if I should just stick to the PS4 version or play this instead. It's nice not having all the stuttering when running towards a new zone on the PC. On the other hand that 900p + inconsistent framerate is blegh on the PS4. I suppose I could just use my 1080p monitor instead but then I'd lose the benefits of G-sync since the performance at 1080P isn't rock solid depending on the area.

Hoping for a patch (or maybe a game ready driver) that optimizes performance or adds some more settings to tweak.

Also that fullscreen bug is bizarre. On my 1080p monitor, using fullscreen at 1080p results in 1680x1050 but setting it to windowed and hitting alt+enter results in borderless fullscreen with native resolution. On my 1440p monitor it uses some weird in-between resolution and I'm not sure how to check what it's running at exactly (monitor doesn't report it unlike the 1080p monitor) because it's not quite 1080p (looks better than "windowed" 1080p) and it's definitely not 1440p since "windowed" 1440p looks better.

Okay, so I think the Commander was supposed to give me a mission, but I never spoke with the CMDR. Now when I go see her she's like, "go do the mission" and I'm like, what mission tho?

Do I need to start all over?

leng jai

I probably won't be opening my retail copy at this rate since I won't be able to return it if I do. Port seems all over the place even on something like a 1070.

IcyStorm

White screen crashes on a RX 470 with 17.3.1 drivers. Hearing this is a widespread problem on Polaris cards (not sure if all AMD cards). Someone on the Steam forums isn't having issues anymore after rolling back to 16.11.5 though.

rx470/rx480 users with white screen:

fixed the problem removing the gpu driver with AMD Clean Uninstall Utility​​
reinstalled the latest driver and it's working fine now.

edit: nvmd, same shit. i'll try rollback to ancient drivers. i want to play it so bad. :(

mxgt

Banned
What card? If you're running fullscreen there's a good chance you're not actually rendering that resolution.

Titan XP

And I don't seem to have a problem with full screen so far. I can most definitely tell when the resolution is not right, and even DSR works up to 6880x2440.

Edit: scratch that, I just started the game for the second time and now it's fucked.

Have you got to the grassy area yet, or are you still in the factory?
I've been in the grassy area, desert as well, and I haven't noticed any pop-in. I'm sure some exists, since it's an open world game, but if it was really bad, I would've noticed in a heartbeat.

ViviOggi

Anti Aliasing comparison

na_aaoff1_by_realghostvids-db2m8kp.jpg

na_8xaa1_by_realghostvids-db2m8lb.jpg

Is that just different armor or why does your 2B look like that? Asking for a friend

Ghazi

What are your settings? You should be fine at 1080 with that hardware

I'm in the same boat, but with a 6700K. Everything high, but MSAA at 2x isn't stable.

I found that disabling Vsync and capping the framerate with Rivatuner helps quite a bit. If they fix the pop in, it actually isn't that bad.

Titan XP

And I don't seem to have a problem with full screen so far. I can most definitely tell when the resolution is not right, and even DSR works up to 6880x2440.

I have a Titan XP and I thought it was 4k as well, but I was wrong. Try windowed mode and watch your FPS drop =P

I had to drop my resolution to 2880x1620 to maintain 60 FPS in the City Ruins.

Any suggestions at all for me? Logos load, the terminal style loading shows, and then the message after but than the screen goes black and all you can hear is the music or cutscene if you wait. I can navigate the menus I think just by audio feedback but the game doesn't show up at all.

Other games work fine so my graphics card isn't exploding or anything. Have a 980ti, and 1440P gsync monitor and the latest drivers. Tried setting monitor to 60, turned gsync off, and tried on both my tv and monitor. Just goes pure black after the initial logos and load :/

Really want to play!

Carlius

Banned
Then lets not call it a good port yet when people ask.

its a good port, just like dark souls 1 was a good port. its not a bad por tlike saints row 2 or arkham knight. the game is completely playable, it has issues with full screen and popins. Anyone complaining about not being able to play it on a 2gb vram card should just stick to the ps4 version.

mxgt

Banned
I have a Titan XP and I thought it was 4k as well, but I was wrong. Try windowed mode and watch your FPS drop =P

I had to drop my resolution to 2880x1620 to maintain 60 FPS in the City Ruins.

Maybe I need to play a bit further

Running around now in the grassy area outside the resistance camp in Windowed at 3440x1440 and it doesn't drop from 60 at all.

/shrug

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
its a good port, just like dark souls 1 was a good port. its not a bad por tlike saints row 2 or arkham knight. the game is completely playable, it has issues with full screen and popins. Anyone complaining about not being able to play it on a 2gb vram card should just stick to the ps4 version.

For the cost of a PS4, I could have a 6GB card that would last me just as long.

Some of us don't really have the easily expendable funds for either!

Gbraga

Can we get some screenshots comparing settings?

Every single one of them would be a bit of a pain in the ass, I assume, so just low, medium, high, all with AA off, and then a High AO On and High AO Off, if possible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
in the tutorial, changes settings didnt really change much for me, so I guess Ill leave it maxed for now. I got some dips with shit turned down just like I have with shit turned up so /shrug

Maybe I need to play a bit further

Running around now in the grassy area outside the resistance camp in Windowed at 3440x1440 and it doesn't drop from 60 at all.

/shrug

Well I guess that resolution isn't many more pixels than 2880x1620 so yeah it should be good. At 4k though I got big drops in windowed.

Coreda

PS4 recording quality is terrible, but I tried to match up the scene.

There's some similarity with the pop in for both but for some reason it stands out a lot more on PC (besides the recording quality).

Seems to add a smoother fade on the PS4 version so the effect stands out less.

R9-390, i5-6600, 16GB.

After 3.5 hrs of play, im getting a pretty steady 60fps. There is some fps wonkyness in the City Ruins, where it dips down to the low 50s. Doesnt happen in all areas, but some its a constant. :/

I have noticed some popin, but not to the extend of what some people are posting in the thread. Again, its in the City Ruins which seems to be the worst area of the game that ive come across so far.

JordanKZ

How can I be the only one with this black screen issue? It's even crashing steam.

Tried verifying the game data?

After using borderless gaming, man this game looks pretty damn good at high resolutions. Texture res is a little low, and lighting is pretty flat, but the art design is top notch.

Top Bottom