• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nigel Farage is 'person of interest' in FBI investigation into Trump and Russia

I'm actually pretty surprised her name hasn't come up in this at all, despite being in that one dinner photo.

She was mentioned by name in the Steele dossier as a "sympathetic US actor". Allegedly the Kremlin funded her trip to Moscow for that dinner.

joe2187

Banned
iP42wHz.gif

9JA7Jxd.gif

Carl2291

He met with Assange and was close to Trump during his campaign, so not really a surprise that he's on a list of people they're potentially interested in.

When he starts being investigated, that's when it's important.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Haha, this is hilarious. This Russia investigation is allowing everyone to see the true colors of democrats, they aren't hiding any of their motivation. They are desperately trying to include every influential Conservative in some fashion. What a joke this whole thing is. How long before they try to include Sheriff Arpaio or Rush Limbaugh?

Nigel Farage bought russian dressing at the store, it must mean he's connected somehow!

I feel as if you decided not to return to the thread.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The guy put 'Obama' as villains that got away with everything in another thread. That should tell you what you need to know.

Yeah, I remember his name from a couple threads. He has a history of drive-by comments where he then disappears after being questioned -- something that is sadly par for the course with this kind of commentary.

On Rachael Dolezal claiming she's jobless and on food stamps:

This is the kind of shit that happens when you push identity politics so hard. But it's the dems bread and butter at the moment so don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

On Sessions not disclosing Russian meetings:

Nothing to see here. If there was any evidence here it would have come out in the confirmation hearings. It's just old news. Just the Dems grasping at threads to delegitimize Trump. They can't compete with him using ideas, only smear campaigns. It's pretty sad actually.

And the main reason I remember this name, his reaction to Fox News firing Bob Beckel for using a racial slur:

Bob Beckel is only human, Fox News was gracious enough to give him a second chance after having trouble with alcohol.

Yeah.

CDX

From this interview.

Farage: You know, you are the first person who has asked me if Russia supported me. Maybe you have a special German mindset. No other journalist in the world has asked these questions.

Farage: I think you are a nutcase! You are really a nutcase! Brexit is the best thing to happen: for Russia, for America, for Germany and for democracy. And that's the key point.

Oh well then. Nothing to see here FBI. I guess he explained it perfectly.

pestul

You've got to hand it to Russia. Their plans to exact revenge for the Cold War seem to be going pretty damn well in the past year..

eizarus

Banned
And the main reason I remember this name, his reaction to Fox News firing Bob Beckel for using a racial slur:

Yeah.
Wwit, so using a racial slur should be excused as we're only human according to this sack of shit?

I'm not one to start name calling on GAF (it's my favourite online community, I love it) but that viewpoint makes him a cunt. Really wish he'd come back to the thread and reply to the post that has all the links to Farage and Russia.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Nigel Farage always struck me as the type of bloke who would immediately get headbutted by one of his supporters if he accidentally walked into the wrong boozer unrecognized.

eizarus

Banned
Nigel Farage always struck me as the type of bloke who would immediately get headbutted by one of his supporters if he accidentally walked into the wrong boozer unrecognized.
And then later act as if it was all fun and games and part of the atmosphere.

Spladam

I feel none of this is going to lead to anything, sadly.

Right now, for me, it's less about the mysterious end outcome of the investigation and more about the theater of it all. It makes for interesting drama, and much like a streaming serialized drama, we have no idea how grand or insignificant the final chapter will be. All we know is that Winter is Coming.

JP_

Banned
Weird how all these far-right loons that play dirty with blatant lies have Russian connections 🤔

This must be related:

https://amp.theguardian.com/politic...rmation-plea-deal-court-files-george-cottrell

A former aide to Nigel Farage who was arrested on money-laundering charges last year gave US federal agents “information” as part of a plea agreement that sharply reduced his possible prison sentence from a maximum of 20 years to eight months, according to court documents.

George Cottrell, a Briton who was arrested in the US last summer after attending the Republican National Convention with Farage, the former Ukip leader, received a sentence that was on the low end of the sentencing guidelines used to determine such cases even though the Arizona prosecutors in his case said they had evidence that showed Cottrell had shown “clear intent” to engage in criminal activity in the past.

I wonder what information he gave.

Top Bottom