• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
This thread needs more Reggie in the sky with diamonds:
rt2qyzrm0.jpg

banKai said:
ONM didnt lie, cause they said that the exclusive game may be known before their issue hits news stand
Except "World Exclusive" generally means that. Other magazines don't seem to have problems keeping it hush until release when it actually IS exclusive.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ElectricBlue187 said:
how do we know it's coming out for wii?

The Official Nintendo Magazine of the UK was going to be the one to break it next issue with a "Huge Exclusive."

And we all know Nintendo don't promote games on the XBOX 360, PSP, and PS3.

luffeN

JonathanEx said:
Except "World Exclusive" generally means that. Other magazines don't seem to have problems keeping it hush until release when it actually IS exclusive.

ah right, they said world exclusive, forgot that

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I hear there will be (lots of) new characters involved and it will take place in a gritty, post-apocalyptic universe.

Hcoregamer00 said:
The Official Nintendo Magazine of the UK was going to be the one to break it next issue with a "Huge Exclusive."

And we all know Nintendo don't promote games on the XBOX 360, PSP, and PS3.

that was the star picture thing, right? weren't they downplaying it after we imposed NiGHTS, saying it could be anything?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Hcoregamer00 said:
Or it could be *gasp* both.

A port of Nights for the DS and Nights 2 on the Wii.

NiGHTS on the DS would work on so many levels.

Tadaima

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

Napoleonthechimp said:
:lol

What's the big deal about NiGHTS anyway?

Yes, I'm officially jumping on the hate train... it's so very lonely on it.

Have fun in Sonyland waiting for your Crash sequel! Wait, I don't even know what that means.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Oblivion said:
I hear there will be (lots of) new characters involved and it will take place in a gritty, post-apocalyptic universe.
I like your thinking. If there are motorcycles involved I will purchase a Wii.

Cdammen

April fools?

38334s.jpg

"Signs point to yes."

btrboyev said:
...and april fools is mostly amercian anyways isn't it?
I can't belive I'm reading this :)

I liked this april fools joke that was posted a couple of years ago in the Swedish mag Super PLAY.

Reality Pak, an accessory to the Nintendo GameCube that makes it possible to smell a game! Insert a cartridge containing a dozen of odors into one of the exuding stations and connect them to one of the consoles controller ports. Then just insert a Reality Pak supported game, play and snort your way to gaming bliss!

eso76

the original character design is just great , you ppl know nothing about character design ! :p

Maybe they could make it a little more modern by 'simplifying' it, making it more stylized, but keeping the original shape, features and proportions.

I'm inclined to believe this news (even though Naka said he wasn't interested in doing nights 2 just a few days ago..maybe he has nothing to do with it anyway) but i'm worried of how it might turn out. Sonic went downhill lately as well as other Sega franchises...hmm...

Napoleonthechimp said:

Yes, I'm officially jumping on the hate train... it's so very lonely onboard.

YOU ARE THE CLOWN WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED NIGHTS

GET OFF THAT DAMN TRAIN BEFORE WE EXPLODE IT

Hcoregamer00

Jacobi said:
You can also waggle the Sixaxis

No, the question is would you want it multiplatform because it is made for the wii. Which means it has Wii level graphics, music, physics (or lack of) on the far more powerful rival consoles?

Cdammen said:
April fools?

38334s.jpg

"Signs point to yes."

I can't belive I'm reading this :)

I liked this april fools joke that was posted a couple of years ago in the Swedish mag Super PLAY.

Reality Pak, an accessory to the Nintendo GameCube that makes it possible to smell a game! Insert a cartridge containing a dozen of odors into one of the exuding stations and connect them to one of the consoles controller ports. Then just insert a Reality Pak supported game, play and snort your way to gaming bliss!
This joke was on the cover?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Soo..since I never played the original, A) why is this such a great game and B) Why will it work well with the waggle

TIA :)

Krowley

Hcoregamer00 said:
If it is made from the ground up for the wii, would you really want it mutiplatform?

Nahh in some cases, exclusives are better, especially in the case of the wii were you have such a different control mechanic and a different graphics emphasis.

I'm just saying that sega has made a lot of multiplatform games and if they are reviving a series like this, i would be a *little bit* surprised if they confined it to one console.

It could be a case were you have a ps2/psp/wii version and then another version for 360/ps3.

Or it could be that the controls on the wii was the inspiration for reviving the franchise, in which case it might be an exclusive... Or maybe nintendo moneyhatted it.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Napoleonthechimp said:

Yes, I'm officially jumping on the hate train... it's so very lonely onboard.
NiGHTS wasnt technically impressive, but it was fun and had that certain personality to it... like a really good book or a movie that sticks with you. The music was just amazing to boot.

I remember buying Christmas NiGHTS in a blockbuster bin for $1 back in the day, how could i pass up playing as Sonic in the NiGHTS dreamworld?

Hcoregamer00

If it was april fools, it would be the meanest joke ever.

(Damn magazines, stop with this stupid "tradition" and maintain some professionalism)

kizmah

Taichu said:
April Fools...

If this is april fools I take the full responsibilty for setting GAF on fire. But I would be willing to bet one of my balls, if not both, on this being true. I'm just that sure.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
IT'S NOT ****ING APRIL FOOLS JOKE!

Yeah exactly. Here, take this haters:

1) ONM said that their 'World Exclusive' they were hinting at isn't an April Fools joke
2) The image they used was obviously alluding to Nights
3) See above

Jacobi

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
No, the question is would you want it multiplatform because it is made for the wii. Which means it has Wii level graphics, music, physics (or lack of) on the far more powerful rival consoles?
Well it would have 1080p, so why not ?

Top Bottom