• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTSJOURNEY OF DREAMS (Wii) - [New screens pg 14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
john tv said:
What a terrible name. Do they even run this stuff past their US marketing people before finalizing?
how's that any different from "...into dreams"? *shrug* name seems fine to me.

I like the name, it suits the theme with the whole dream exploration thing.

And can people stop bitching?

WHAT THE **** DID I SAY?

jaundicejuice said:
Into Dreams to Journey of Dreams...okay...what's the problem?

Problem is, it's 2007 and we require more manly naming conventions so as not to embarrass us in front of our friends who judge us by the games we play.

CrushDance said:
I like the name, it suits the theme with the whole dream exploration thing.

And can people stop bitching?

WHAT THE **** DID I SAY?

When even JohnTV starts to bitch you think this thread has hope?

This is Sega on Wii... GAF GOES NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Which team is behind it?

All signs point to Sonic Team USA. Yes, the Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic Team USA.

But my hope that I'm holding onto is that this isn't some cheesy yearly cash-in, and most of the old NiGHTS team is at Sonic Team USA, Naka and Ohshima being the major missing parties.

ForzaItalia said:
Why are people hating on this game when very little is known about it at the moment?

Because unfortunately for real fans of NiGHTS, this game has become a chess piece in the eternal GAF battle known as System Wars.

Muppet345

Let's go get drunk and play Dreamcast, Segata.

I was never a Sega fan. My friend had the Saturn I played NiGHTS on. Between the Virtual Console and these sequels, it's time to correct this error.

Sonic Team USA is working on it. Remember, Yuji Naka had no clue anyone was making a new NiGHTS game. And if he isn't working on it, then I'm not keeping my hopes up. But surprise me Sonic Team. I have some faith.

Kevar said:
Let's go get drunk and play Dreamcast, Segata.

I was never a Sega fan. My friend had the Saturn I played NiGHTS on. Between the Virtual Console and these sequels, it's time to correct this error.

Cheers, my friend. Let us get the Sega on and party like it's 1997. Lord knows the other dancers on the floor are partying like it's 1997, though they seem to have switched spots on the floor.

Kevtones

Attack You said:
Problem is, it's 2007 and we require more manly naming conventions so as not to embarrass us in front of our friends who judge us by the games we play.

Or that Nights: Journey of Dreams does not roll off the tongue whatsoever. Terrible name.

ivysaur12

Banned
Nothing on Sega's website yet. I could use a movie and some direct screens.

Oh, and it's coming this Winter. And there's a demon and something about taking over dreams. But we probably already could guess that. Not much info besides that.

Kevtones said:
Or that Nights: Journey of Dreams does not roll off the tongue whatsoever. Terrible name.
What

Seriously?

It comes off almost entirely as alliteration. NiGHTs: Journey of Dreams rolls off the tongue fine.

icecream said:
It's not instantly doomed if Yuji Naka is not on board, right?

Right?

Considering Naka's recent track record, I'd be more worried if he was.

My Chemical Mouse said:
Well that was quick. Wonder when they started production.

If this is built off of Air NiGHTS (and I'm reasonably sure it must be), then the design work has been going on since about 98, with some actual production work done in 2000-ish for a Dreamcast version, then probably a total restart except for design work about a year and a half to two years ago, when the rumours first started circulating again.

Kevtones

ShockingAlberto said:
What

Seriously?

It comes off almost entirely as alliteration. NiGHTs: Journey of Dreams rolls off the tongue fine.

Alliteration? What? Check your definitions.

just call the game Nights for f*cks sake

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I never played nights, but judging by all the praise it gets it must be something special. I'll keep a close eye on this, but since I didnt play the original and since there's very little info about journey of dreams, its difficult to get that exited yet

ethelred

Kevtones said:
Alliteration? What? Check your definitions.

just call the game Nights for f*cks sake

The original game was NiGHTS into Dreams.

They wanted, I would suppose, a name that was both evocative of the original but still set the game apart as a new title.

What the christ is wrong with going from "NiGHTS into Dreams" to "NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams?"

CorwinB

Tyrone Slothrop said:
when;s the last time sega made something good? serious question

Virtua Fighter 5 was already mentioned, but Sonic and the Secret Rings and Virtua Tennis 3 also say "Hi".

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
CrushDance said:
Lol we need more "manly" names:lol

How about NiGHTS: Dreams into Gears! or NiGHTS:Mass Dreams

?

You need to work War somewhere into the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom