• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTSJOURNEY OF DREAMS (Wii) - [New screens pg 14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CorwinB said:
Virtua Fighter 5 was already mentioned, but Sonic and the Secret Rings and Virtua Tennis 3 also say "Hi".

If the team behind this project is behind any of those, your comment may hold some weight.

But if it's the team behind Sonic 360/Ps3, forget about it.

My Chemical Mouse said:
If the team behind this project is behind any of those, your comment may hold some weight.

What if it's the team behind NiGHTS...into Dreams?

Hey, let's talk about NiGHTS! Which was your favorite boss, My Chemical Mouse?

ethelred

Maybe the title would be better if we tacked an absurdly inappropriate Nietzschean label onto the end.

NiGHTS: Der Wanderer und sein Schatten. Or NiGHTS: Vermischte Meinungen und Sprüche.

My Chemical Mouse said:

would not really be that bad since it wont be the same game at all besides what they did to Sonic with the all BS human love shit can work in NiGHTS dreamland or nightmare levels

NMC2006

Banned
Nights: Gears of Dreams or Dreams of War or Nights of War
Nights: Dream Rising
Nights: Night's Row
Nights: Viva Nightsata
Nights: Enchanted Dreams (hmmm sounds alright)
Nights: Perfect Night Zero or Dark Night Zero
Nights: Dream Wake
Nights: Too Nightmarian
Nights: Dreams Effect
Nights: Ok This Has Gotten Old, I Will Stop.

Anywho, is this game REALLY exclusive? What do you guess really think?
I am doubting it but you never know.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
icecream said:
It's not instantly doomed if Yuji Naka is not on board, right?

Right?

No, it's instantly doomed because Sonic Team USA is working on it. =\

If I see one hexagonal tire in this game, there will be hell to pay.

Kevtones

Nights Into Dreams is a wonderful name.
Nights Journey of Dreams is consistent with the theme but doesn't work unless you pause between Nights and Journey. Its not 'Journey of Dreams' but when combined with Nights, it doesn't work.

Nights by itself would be the best IMO

I guess I'm one of those people that preferred Sonic Wildfire over Sonic and The Secret Rings. Comes down to cadence.

Kevtones said:
Nights Into Dreams is a wonderful name.
Nights Journey of Dreams is consistent with the theme but doesn't work unless you pause between Nights and Journey. Its not 'Journey of Dreams' but when combined with Nights, it doesn't work.

Nights by itself would be the best IMO

I guess I'm one of those people that preferred Sonic Wildfire over Sonic and The Secret Rings. Comes down to cadence.

Sonic Wildfire was definitely the better name.

:lol :lol :lol :lol @All the name sugesstions. Seriously people, it's a name get over it. And most people are not going to say "Omg! The name!, do the letters have any anti aliasing?, wheres da motion blur!, this is not next gen fonts!" I thought you guys bitched about graphics not a freaking title...

CrushDance said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol @All the name sugesstions. Seriously people, it's a name get over it. And most people are not going to say "Omg! The name!, do the letters have any anti aliasing?, wheres da motion blur!, this is not next gen fonts!" I thought you guys bitched about graphics not a freaking title...

with 10 days til real news maybe then can **** with the name a little

I still like my Dawn of the Sandman

Is the core of the original Nights still even with Sega? It's quite obvious that the name alone is bringing alot of unwarranted hype.

Let's find out what team is behind this, and then go from there. If it's a crap team (and lately Sega has quite a few), the name on the cover won't save it.

BTW Reala. I loved the original Nights.

Kevtones said:
Is NiGHTS going to have shitty comrades? Was this in the Spanish mag?

Elliot and Claris are back. They're pretty shitty.

Is the core of the original Nights still even with Sega? It's quite obvious that the name alone is bringing alot of unwarranted hype.

Let's find out what team is behind this, and then go from there. If it's a crap team (and lately Sega has quite a few), the name on the cover won't save it.

The head of Sonic Team USA is the lead game designer from the original NiGHTS, that's about all I can say for sure. This team has a bad pedigree, but all they've really had to work with is Sonic in 3D, and no one has really figured out how to do that quite right yet. I think it's a far more manageable task to update NiGHTS from 32bit to current-gen.

Also, Reala was awesome. I loved doing the two-player duel. Me and my friend would play that for hours, trying to paraloop eachother.

dogonfire

Guys maybe it's only Journey of Dreams for JP. There's still hope, in fact I bet Sega is reading this thread right now for ideas!!

Dear Sega:
NiGHTS: The Dream Master
NiGHTS: Orange Dreamsicle
NiGHTS: rANDoM drEAMs
NiGHTS: Into Daze
NiGHTS: Wildfire
NiGHTS. If it's a prequel, lol.

Kevtones said:
HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF THE MADDEN CURSE!?!?? DON'T EVEN CHANCE IT!!

It's too late. I just heard on the horn that NiGHTS is involved in a low-speed police chase down I-95 after tearing through the hearts and dreams of the children at a North Carolina orphanage in a drunken tirade.

El Papa

Claris_and_Elliot_by_kichigai.png

AWSOME

ShowDog

Amazing. Please Sega, I just know you can be good again. Your off to a good start, everyone is allowed little screwups every once in awhile, Sonic is dead, but NiGHTS. NiGHTS must live on.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
My Chemical Mouse said:

Good news! the core team is still at Sega

Even better news---They are probably the ones making this game!!

Bad News---They also made Shadow the Hedgehog.....

fusoya59

I recall Sonic: Wildfire being changed.
so it's not completely out of the question that Nights' subtitle will also change.

My favorite boss battle was probably Jackal, because I had such a hard time with him for a long while. I can still slip up sometimes and he'll screw me over hard. Wyzeman is pretty awesome too, if only for the spectacle of it all.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
fusoya59 said:
I recall Sonic: Wildfire being changed.
so it's not completely out of the question that Nights' subtitle will also change.

Wildfire was changed due to copyrights. As far as I can tell there isn't any Copyrights on Nights: Journey of Dreams

Oh GAf...

If you're shallow enough that the name bothers you, or you're already embarassed at the potential mockery of your peers (as one poster mentioned on page 2) you probably wouldn't be buying this game based on the visuals alone.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Segata Sanshiro said:
All signs point to Sonic Team USA. Yes, the Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic Team USA.

But my hope that I'm holding onto is that this isn't some cheesy yearly cash-in, and most of the old NiGHTS team is at Sonic Team USA, Naka and Ohshima being the major missing parties.

Good thing that Sonic Xbox 360/PS3 really fell apart at the director/producer level which could not manage to put a coherent game out of the team available to them and that these are the people reviving NiGHTS... or maybe the director and the producer of that game had the same experience as the Woody Allen's character in the movie Hollywood Ending:

trailer_01.jpg

This scene might have happened right around the time Sonic the Hedgehog went gold...

I think I'll weep in the corner in anticipation of a purchase I KNOW I will want to make... (hopefully it will not take until year forever to come out in Europe...)

Segata Sanshiro said:
My favorite boss battle was probably Jackal, because I had such a hard time with him for a long while. I can still slip up sometimes and he'll screw me over hard. Wyzeman is pretty awesome too, if only for the spectacle of it all.

First night I played NiGHTS and put something like 13 hours straight into it, I took a good pummelling from Jackal as well. He's still the only one that's a bit tricky in that regard; can't consistently own him like any other boss, including Wyzeman.

Attack You said:
First night I played NiGHTS and put something like 13 hours straight into it, I took a good pummelling from Jackal as well. He's still the only one that's a bit tricky in that regard; can't consistently own him like any other boss, including Wyzeman.

I pretty much kiss my score good-bye if I pull Jackal as the random boss of the level I'm on. I can beat him, but nowhere near as quickly as the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom