• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan.

chespace said:
I don't think Team Ninja are really known for pushing the envelope graphically, and I had the same complaint as many of you when DOA4 came out -- I mean, WTF, aside from motion blur and more background detail, the game didn't look leaps and bounds better than DOA3, which in itself didn't look an order of magnitude better than DOA2: Hardcore. With this game, it just might be diminishing returns, especially given their anime-centric art style.

Anyway, this game looks delicious. Limbs. It's what's for dinner.

I can't wait for forza 3.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
why are Xbot fans SO angry that people are saying it looks like Sigma?

Sigma looked great, and it will look better, WTF.

You guys are too sentitive

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
With this game, it just might be diminishing returns, especially given their anime-centric art style.
Again, I really can't agree with that.

Take a look at the CG work from the original. The model quality isn't too far beyond Sigma/NG2, but the lighting is a whole lot better.

561532_20030724_screen004.jpg

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
If they can pull off some amazing lighting, this game would look tons better.

Still looks awesome, though. Love the gore.

Shamrock

Banned
Man what a brilliant move by TN to put Sigma out on PS3. Now that they hooked PS3 fans on Ninja Gaiden Gameplay there is only one place to get the sequel. Who would of ever thought a PS3 game could end up being a 360 system seller.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Mojovonio said:
Seriously Che, Forza 2 isn't winning many graphics awards either.

Calm down now!

I'm calm! :)

Just a personal thought. I never really thought Team Ninja were graphical power houses, which is by no means to say their games looked subpar or lacked style. They just don't set the bar like Polyphony, Kojima Prod., etc.

Not sure why Forza 2 is popping up in this thread, but I guess I'm not surprised as others have already mentioned GT5. :lol

Nolan.

~Devil Trigger~ said:

Xbot am famous.?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
~Devil Trigger~ said:

Because Sigma isn't on my console of choice.

Feindflug

chespace said:

Just a personal thought. I never really thought Team Ninja were graphical power houses, which is by no means to say their games looked subpar or lacked style. They just don't set the bar like Polyphony, Kojima Prod., etc.

Not sure why Forza 2 is popping up in this thread, but I guess I'm not surprised as others have already mentioned GT5. :lol

Team Ninja weren't graphical powerhouses? WTF? Both Ninja Gaiden & DOA3 were looking absolutely amazing and were definitely two of the most beautiful games last-gen easily...DOA3 not much better looking than DOA2: Hardcore? :lol

chespace

Feindflug said:
Team Ninja weren't graphical powerhouses? WTF? Both Ninja Gaiden & DOA3 were looking absolutely amazing and were definitely two of the most beautiful games last-gen easily...DOA3 not much better looking than DOA2: Hardcore? :lol

YMMV obviously. :lol

a Master Ninja said:
If all that happens when this countdown reaches zero is the Ninja Gaiden 2 page on Xbox.com re-opens, I am going to flip out and kill people. At the very least we need a trailer. If a demo hits, I will buy Itagaki a hooker. A nice one that will make Hayashi jealous.
Wow. :lol

Game looks like it's gonna be an insane amount of fun. Just like ng / ngb / ngs.

It would have been nice if they'd ditch the anime-shading / lighting, and opt for a more realistic look, but at the end of the day it's the gameplay that counts.

Still a little disappointed I'm afraid :/

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
~Devil Trigger~ said:

to me the screenshots look great. I get tired of people trolling system X becuase they own system Y. PS3 owners said that sigma looked great, but then it didn't become the system seller they had hoped for. Now they troll Ninja Gaiden 2 thread, becuase Ninja gaiden 2 looks like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but now they say it doesn't look good when before they the graphic on sigma were great.

Aggelos said:
:lol Do you imply that the girl in the middle is Hayashi's hooker?
No, of course that's the pop idol they hired to promote the game, and I'm sure she is a nice non-gaming lady. I just love how smug Itagaki looks in the photo and how pissed off Hayashi looks.

Kasumi1970 said:
to me the screenshots look great. I get tired of people trolling system X becuase they own system Y. PS3 owners said that sigma looked great, but then it didn't become the system seller they had hoped for. Now they troll Ninja Gaiden 2 thread, becuase Ninja gaiden 2 looks like Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but now they say it doesn't look good when before they the graphic on sigma were great.
Oh come on, everybody, and I mean everybody expected ng2 to shit over sigma on all accounts. And at least graphically it doesn't.

Nolan.

chespace said:

I thought personally it was one of the things they were known for last gen.

Gamespot
Gameplay 9 Graphics 10 Sound 10 Value 8 Tilt 10 Difficulty: Hard
Learning Curve: About a half hour

Not only does Ninja Gaiden feature bleeding-edge graphics and sound, it boasts simply the best pure action ever seen in such a game.

IGN

You've got eyes don't you? Running at a solid 60 fps, it's fast-paced, filled with interesting enemies and a variety of locales, is beautifully designed and has loads of heads flying off.

Ninja Gaiden is one of the best-looking games around with more beauty in its pinky than any game I grew up playing. While it's true that there are some aspects of Gaiden's graphics that could be spiffed up (some jaggies here and there, little is done with lighting, and Ryu never gets dirty despite all that blood flying around), this is easily one of the prettiest games on the Xbox

Gamespy

Finally, Itagaki has put his money where his mouth is: Ninja Gaiden is an astonishingly polished game with fantastic control, gorgeous graphics, and gameplay that wipes the floor with the rest of its genre.

EGM
She's a Beauty
Not surprisingly, Gaiden looks and frequently feels like a Dead or Alive game gone action; it comes, after all, courtesy of Tomonobu Itagaki's Team Ninja. From skull-cleaving and death-defying acrobatics to heaving, gravity-defying bosoms, everything appears onscreen at the same razor-sharp resolution. Exacting attention is lavished on the animation set of vengeful hero Ryu Hayabusa, even when he's at rest; when he stands on a shallow incline, one knee is bent properly. Such seemingly superfluous details as fallen leaves dotting a quiet village path are similarly lovingly rendered.
?

a Master Ninja said:
No, of course that's the pop idol they hired to promote the game, and I'm sure she is a nice no-gaming lady. I just love how smug Itagaki looks in the photo and how pissed off Hayashi looks.
63votix.jpg

chespace said:

Kojima set the bar for graphics? No just no.

chespace

Nolan. Don't make this your crusade of the day. It's really no big fucking deal. :lol

I don't think Team Ninja's sequels look a ton better than their predecessors, especially when jumping platforms and generations like you'd typically expect.

And yes, I think Kojima's team does set a bar for graphics. YMMV YSD, etc.

chespace said:
I don't think Team Ninja's sequels look a ton better than their predecessors, especially when jumping platforms and generations like you'd typically expect.

Che, please stop. I'm embarrassed for you.

dark10x

Phoenix Fang said:
Kojima set the bar for graphics? No just no.
How can you honestly say that? They absolutely set the bar for graphics with Metal Gear Solid 2. At the time of the MGS2 demo, there had never been anything on any platform that could rival it.

Dante

Kasumi1970 said:

:lol Who ever though Sigma an almost 3 year old upgraded port would be a system seller?

dark10x said:
How can you honestly say that? They absolutely set the bar for graphics with Metal Gear Solid 2. At the time of the MGS2 demo, there had never been anything on any platform that could rival it.

:lol :lol

Please just stop. Your whole post is just funny. Anyway this thread reminds me of gamefaqs so much it's sad. I thought this place was suppose to be better than gamefaqs?

chespace

Phoenix Fang said:

Please just stop. Your whole post is just funny. Anyway this thread reminds me of gamefaqs so much it's sad. I thought this place was suppose to be better than gamefaqs?

Wow. Now people have a problem with my statement that Kojima Prod. sets a bar on graphics? :lol

AZ Greg

I'm fine with NG2 looking like Sigma. I thought Sigma looked good, well at least when you weren't moving. If NG2 can avoid the terrible v-sync problems, the frequent slowdown, the glitchy blood decals, and the constant random loading found in Sigma, I'll be happy!

dark10x

Phoenix Fang said:

You're serious?

Just what would you say was more impressive than MGS2 in March 2001 (when the demo was released)?

yukoner

chespace said:
Nolan. Don't make this your crusade of the day. It's really no big fucking deal. :lol

And yes, I think Kojima's team does set a bar for graphics. YMMV YSD, etc.

Well you're entitled to your opinion of course, but since Nolan went through all the effort of producing those quotes, the least you could do is acknowledge his point!

Critically, Team Ninja has been considered to be a development house who does push the envelope, and NG is considered to be one of the best looking Xbox titles ever made.

Now, maybe things have changed in this new generation, but in the past that has certainly been the case.

omg rite said:
Wait, so this is 360 exclusive?
When Hayashi talks about what he is working on right now we should know if a PS3 version is in the works or not. Hayashi has the PS3 development team. Itagaki's team focuses on 360 (and now DS) exclusively.

FFChris

Oh gaf, you have created a monster of a thread. :lol

Anyway, looks damn good to me! Sure, it doesn't look any better than Sigma but aside from the lighting and a few low-res textures Sigma looked brilliant.

I wonder if you're only going to be able to slash limbs off enemies with low health. If you could cut the limbs off the guys early on in the fight it would take a lot of the difficulty from the game surely!

I mean, I'm sure it would be fun fighting a guy with one arm, but I have an image of the Ryu fighting Black Knight from The Holy Grail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom