• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

f@luS

More than a member.
Gantz said:
Looks sick. People who thinks it doesn't look impressive or looks like Sigma need to get their eyes checked :lol
Looks about similar to Sigma shots (u know, with the added aa) , u should get glasses

Yoboman

Is it me or is there a distinct lack of shadowing and self shadowing? All the Itagaki games this gen seem to have this problem, NGS had nice shadowing.

Anyway, the way he talked about the NGS team being the "B-team" and how this would make other developers lose confidence. Colour me dissapointed.

Is there supposed to be a negative connotation somewhere when people say this looks like Sigma?

I hope not, since Sigma looked smooth and awesome. As long as it's 60fps, I'm super happy.

Yoboman said:
Anyway, the way he talked about the NGS team being the "B-team" and how this would make other developers lose confidence. Colour me dissapointed.

Screenshots tell everything.

Gowans

Vaandaviii said:
- Gore => Awesome, simply awesome. Too bad it will NEVER look like that in the final game. I bet we will get even NO mutilations at all. My god, Ninja gaiden in europe have titanium-neck ninjas. This will NEVER pass nazi censorship controls... NEVER :(

I hope they man up and leave this in, my biggest worry after my brain processed how amazing this will be chopping people up.

Fingers are crossed

DieH@rd

Banned
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

1149_0005.jpg

1149_0008.jpg

1149_0007.jpg

1149_0024.jpg

1149_0025.jpg

I couldnt find any 1080p screens of SIGMA, but this will do...

Man what's with it today?

Tons of announcements being made.

Love the gore but somehow i was expecting more for the sequel, not a huge step up from Sigma.

@DieH@rd, not sure that's smart, at least remove the IMG tags :p

Borys

Banned
Magicpaint said:
Is there supposed to be a negative connotation somewhere when people say this looks like Sigma?

I hope not, since Sigma looked smooth and awesome. As long as it's 60fps, I'm super happy.

IIRC Itagaki said something along the lines that Sigma is some Tecmo bastard child that was made with zero effort and Ninja Gaiden 2 will truly be where it's at graphically.

Too bad it doesn't show from these screens but you simply knew it was coming to bite Itagaki back in the ass.

He is just so damn ... cool.

Dot50Cal

Banned
tdrdrgn said:
why cant everyone look at the screens and be amazed?

Itagaki said:
Itagaki: I’d like to show everybody some of the new stuff that we’ve been working on in the near future. The only problem with that is that when the other developers see what we’re doing, they’re going to lose all of their motivation to create any game in the same genre, because there’s no way they can beat it.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks nice but I expected something better looking than Sigma. This looks like its the same engine with mostly the same assets.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DieH@rd said:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5447/1149_0005.jpg[img]
[img]http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5447/1149_0008.jpg[img]
[img]http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5290/1149_0007.jpg[img]
[img]http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/4747/1149_0024.jpg[img]
[img]http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/4747/1149_0025.jpg[img]

I couldnt find any 1080p screens of SIGMA, but this will do...[/QUOTE]
I wish the game looked that good. Good old TN and their bullshots.

Nolan.

I'm not going to make any judgements on the graphics for so many reasons one of which being it hasn't been properly shown yet.

szaromir

Banned
Looks disappointing tbh, where are particle effects (other than blood), selfshadowing, changed artstyle to fit into American tastes (that's what Itagaki said)? I hope gameplay is evolved at least.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
there's no indication that itagaki was talking about graphics when he said ng2 was going to demoralize other developers. let's see how the thing plays -- dmc4 looks amazing, but it also looks like a fairly safe sequel, and i'm curious to see if team ninja have done anything new here

and yeah, comparing shots, it does basically look like sigma. the spider boss is ridiculously detailed, though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Blimblim said:

Well, no doubt NG2 is bullshotted also, so it seems fair to compare apples to apples.

But it does look very nice. Sigma is a great looking game itself, so the comparison shouldn't take away from it in and of itself. Itagaki's comments about it might be a different story, though.

Eric WK

Jesus guys, the game is at least 12 months away and we haven't had a proper presentation. Lay off the graphics until we get closer to release. TN set the bar with NG on Xbox and there's no reason to think NG2 is going to ship looking anything less than stellar.

kay

McDragon said:
Only the 2 first stages of Sigma looked good, others, not so much.
Yeah it's disappointing as the game seemed to have less work put into it as the game went on, maybe it's like that in the first edition (never played it).

Blimblim

The Inside Track
gofreak said:
Well, no doubt NG2 is bullshotted also, so it seems fair to compare apples to apples.

But it does look very nice. Sigma is a great looking game itself, so the comparison shouldn't take away from it in and of itself. Itagaki's comments about it might be a different story, though.
Don't go all defensive on me, I've already said I'm not impressed by the NG2 screens.

Blimblim said:

Sigma looks like that but much jaggier :D

Anyways, we will sure get a shitload of bullshots for NG2 too... So I think it's fair comparing bullshots against bullshots from the same devs :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Eric WK said:
Jesus guys, the game is at least 12 months away and we haven't had a proper presentation. Lay off the graphics until we get closer to release. TN set the bar with NG on Xbox and there's no reason to think NG2 is going to ship looking anything less than stellar.

How do you know how far off it is? It could be January.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
yep looks like Sigma, but what it has going for it is that it's not bound to the limited level design of the first Ninja Gaiden. So I expect major upgrade in that department.

f@luS

More than a member.
Gantz said:
sounds like sony fanboy jealousy :lol anyway there's a lot more detail in NG2.
just STFU with ur fanboy thing , do i need to put my 360 elite and premium photo again like i did for the other ta*d? jeez

i1126640_11490008.jpg

i1126639_11490005.jpg

ng2.jpg

ng6.jpg

this looks good but i just expected much more

I'm not at all disappointed with the look in those shots, but I am disappointed that GAF didn't tear it apart on the first page. And it took until page three for someone to put up a bunch of Sigma shots... I guess I can chalk it up to it being really late/early.

Wollan

Emiru said:
All the sony fans expecting a ps3 release will be disappointed.
Probably if they're expecting day 1 alongside X360 but you're fooling yourself if you don't think it will be a PS3 game eventually (the main reason why they put Sigma on the console).

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's been a long time since i've been so psyched to see a developer reach the next integer -- i was vaguely afraid that tn would just keep remaking the first one and releasing doa games nobody cares about. NINJA GAIDEN!

And ehm... Who is betting this game is an X360 exclusive?? Besides moneyhats I don't find any reason not to port this pixel perfect to PS3. Sigma has worked pretty well, the engine seems pretty similar (If not the same), PS3 can move this game perfectly, and lots of fans for the saga have born in sony's side... Releasing this game in PS3 is fucking instant and easy money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom