• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Pig Studios announces "Meme Run" for the Wii U eShop

Well, at least the Wii U's getting third party developers on board. (/s)

Jokes aside, I'll be amazed if that gets through considering how many copyright issues that has going for it.

desmax

i5Tbn4A3wvjbi.gif

Marcus

welp we have nothing to look forward to for the next 5 years. game of the generation right here folks. you heard it from me first

My biggest question to the developer... could you really look at YOUR game independently and honestly purchase it, based off its merits as a video game?

I can't even muster that kind of honesty for my own hobby projects yet.

This is not how I envisioned the Wii U eShop to be at all, especially considering how much of a far cry it is from the WiiWare days. And the sad thing is that there are great games there which people like you should notice, yet garbage like this gets the attention. Sickening.

Remark

Banned
Game looks amazing. Will defiantly pick up when it drops.

Support the developer guys! A lot of hard work went into this project :)

swag game crazy

rjc571

Banned
My biggest question to the developer... could you really look at YOUR game independently and honestly purchase it, based off its merits as a video game?

I can't even muster that kind of honesty for my own hobby projects yet.

This is not how I envisioned the Wii U eShop to be at all, especially considering how much of a far cry it is from the WiiWare days. And the sad thing is that there are great games there which people like you should notice, yet garbage like this gets the attention. Sickening.

Wiiware was a mountain of gold compared to the turds coming out for the Wii U eShop.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
2nd vid was hilarious. No way this gets through QA though. X files theme, Sandstorm, snoop, etc. He even took those airhorn remixes straight from leddit.

Wiiware was a mountain of gold compared to the turds coming out for the Wii U eShop.

Like I said, crap games which take the spotlight away from better eShop games.

Obviously WiiWare had time to sort itself out (plus they had a ton of measures in place to mostly avoid shovelware titles), but the Nintendo eShop probably left the door a little bit too open and now we're slowly creeping to XBLIG levels of garbage which really should be stopped.

So yeah, no shit, Sherlock.

SoulUnison

Banned
Jeezus, it's like a game intended as a torture device.

"Are we sure this is a game and not some art film?"

Isn't this thing breaking intellectual property rights with some of its sound effects?

Yeah, somehow I doubt they licensed Sandstorm and the X-Files theme, just to start.

Burt

This is absolutely hilarious and makes an excellent case for games as art. I mean that with absolute sincerity.

Oppo

Digital Foundry face off: Meme Run for Wii U vs GIF Keyboard for iOS

verdict: GIF keyboard runs at a higher framerate and resolution

DooD1234

Umm, why is everyone giving Nintendo a hard time when Steam and the Apple App Store release just as much garbage. I can't help but feel bad for indie Gaf guy here (one who made that tower defense game call Zalcisa Last Stand I think?) gets WAAAYY less attention than these garbage games I prolly won't even care to notice before threads like these get made.

Anyways, if most indie games could get their game easily publish, I hope that Ghostsong guy(another Indie from Gaf) manage to get his game on the Wii U eShop. From what little of I've seen of that game, I think that deserves some attention.

Glass Joe

I'm not as offended as some that crap like this exists. It just needs to be hidden in the darker corners of the eShop and not featured all over the WaraWara Plaza like IQ Test and The Letter were. I suppose Ninty has to do a better job of showcasing which of the micro indies actually deserve representation.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
GOTY 2014

Scholars will look back to this game as a postmodern critique of games. Move aside Journey, this if art.

gundalf

Very discouraging when you are working on a quality Game and see others pumping out garbage and still making good money -.-

As I said in the other thread I found it very amusing and will buy if it's cheap enough, I buy plenty of good indie games for my Wii U too so I can throw a quid at this

What's with overreaction? It's only one game on the eshop.

Exactly, eshop games that could be considered terrible cash grabs currently number in single digits, even if the floodgates open we'll still be talking (as a personal guess) at say less than 100 games, it's not like there isn't countless quality titles for people to buy instead

Top Bottom