• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory helping on Disney Infinity

Just announced at the Giant Bomb PAX panel apparently, though I'm unable to watch right now. Tweets!

1:

Holy shit, @JohnVignocchi just announced during the Giant Bomb panel that Ninja Theory is working on Disney Infinity 2.0.

2:

Ninja Theory is bringing their combat experience to Disney Infinity. They're making Loki, Green Goblin, Ronan and Princess Jasmine.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I figured they were assisting other projects when they said they had quite a few projects with publishers, but I didn't guess this one.

botty

Banned
Am I allowed to speak?

edit: hopefully the combat system is a bit more compelling than the original. Parry would be cute.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Where is my Donte figure?

maxresdefault.jpg

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinity make it happen.

Neoxon

They're the only 3 Marvel franchises that are getting play sets, so Ninja Theory is only working on those 4 characters & the combat of the game.

If we get anymore characters like Doctor Strange or Captain Marvel, they'll be solo figures that may work with certain play sets.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Looking forward to getting this on WiiU. Daughter will love it.

Ninja Theory being on board is interesting. But it seems more like a workhorse contracting deal.

fleck0

With this and Platinum making Korra - the third announcement will be From Software making a Spongebob game.

Snaku

Banned
Disney took a look at DmC and thought, "Yes, I want them to do that to Mickey."

This scenario actually took place.

Silky

Banned
I don't know that I want them dragging down Disney Infinity's combat.

What combat? Let's be real, combat isn't infinitys strongest points

Yup... DmC combat... simple...

If their only game was Enslaved you might have more than 12% of a point.

DmC's combat is incredibly simplistic in comparison to other action games. Not as brain dead as GoWs but still pretty easy to pick up and learn the complex maneuvers in minutes.

Qblivion

DmC's combat is incredibly simplistic in comparison to other action games.

Ugh. You people. DmC's combat is simple compared to Devil May Cry, which is nearly Street Fighter tier complexity. DmC is pretty average as far as difficulty goes and is not bad by any reasonable definition.

Monocle

Yeah, I'd say NT's combat design matches what you'd expect from action gameplay in a Disney game. That's a cheap shot but quite honestly when you fuck up a reboot of the genre defining action series (before Bayonetta anyway), you deserve all the cheap shots.

BRB, need to stop by McDonald's for their health-conscious fast food alternatives before I say anything more about NT's combat experience.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the logic that a developer only has relevant combat experience if they have nigh impenetrable combo mechanics. Combat in DmC was good.
Play DMC3, lol.

Renekton

DmC combat system was pretty good. It had some decent weight and transitions to the character animations.

Pick it up on a Steam sale, you won't regret it.

Top Bottom