• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory helping on Disney Infinity

Silky

Banned
How surprising. Another Ninja Theory thread turned to shit because bitter dmc fans can't let go of the fact that Capcom came calling and a developer had the audacity to accept their offer. It doesn't matter what the thread is related to, if it has Ninja Theory in the title then the same people will use it as an excuse to vent.

I'm sorry but if you're touting a developer as one with 'combat experience' you better have a damn good history with combat oriented games to back that up. Which NT /doesn't have./. I love Enslaved and Kung fu Chaos, and I liked DmC. But fuck it if the former two games and heavenly sword didn't have atrocious combat.

jett

D-Member
"Without capcoms help"

Darksider 2 is has better combat, GOW3 is a better overall package.

My point still stands. Whether you personally think the game is great is not the point.

NT is not the premier western action dev. Not even close.

And the "hate" comes from them over exaggerating their acheivements. If they said they were brought in because the ship on time and on budget, nobody would of said a word.

If they said they were brought in because they have a better grasp on narrative than most action developers, nobody would say a word, even if the writing for DmC sucked.

But they tried to exaggerate their combat chops (why on earth it is even relevant for DI game is beyond me) which is why people are bring up DmC and their flaws making it.

They brought up juggles for fucks sake. Two of their games didnt even have a jump button.

You're talking a whole lot of nonsense I give no fucks about. I don't give a shit about the fanboy drama. I find HS and Enslaved to be unplayable to due to the input lag. I don't care about those games. But DmC is good, they learned a lot from Itsuno and company. Why does that have to be an asterisk? That's a positive as far as I'm concerned.

Vigil.

Sony Santa monica.

Arguably mercury steam without capcoms help.

Fuck a metacritic. Last time I checked, they didnt grade combat systems in reviews.
Vigil, which games exactly ?, the first Darksiders is not superior to DmC, maybe Darksiders 2 got a step up.

Mercury Steam ?, okay again the first Lords of Shadow is by no way better than DmC, maybe Lords of Shadow 2, it will be all about opinions.

So from what I'm seeing every developer got a chance to improve, so is Ninja Theory, DmC is not without faults, but that doesn't mean they are bad at combat or even not top tier.
The DmC hate has become unbearable. I think everybody "got it" by now.

They announced Hellblade at E3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyaYDROciCw
Yup I know about Hellblade, so excited about it.

Top Bottom