• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory website update

Actually, since HS is about the item, I could see it being HS2 (notice the way they describe it relating to HS) and the game being set in future. With Kai starting a new clan to protect the sword, and someone stealing it, or someone corrupted inside the clan taking control of it.

Dyno

I don't think Heavenly Sword had the traction that demanded another sequel.

In fact I'm hoping this company tries to develop another I.P. Their writing and other creative elements aren't too bad.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
If they are showing something this fast, they must have the tech in place already therefore I would be very surprise if the publisher is not SONY.

This will most likely carry the Heavenly Sword name with a different sub title.

Heavenly Sword: The Awakening Too much money was spent on marketing this brand and I doubt they would let it go considering it was successful.

yeah, unless this is a new multiplat game...I honestly cant see the point in starting a new franchise...I mean, they got some interest with HS, they are going to have build interest again with a new game..the HS concept needed to be built upon, the game certainly didnt reach the potential that was there...just a good beginning.

or maybe its a cellphone game

deepbrown

Ynos Yrros said:
Actually, since HS is about the item, I could see it being HS2 (notice the way they describe it relating to HS) and the game being set in future. With Kai starting a new clan to protect the sword, and someone stealing it, or someone corrupted inside the clan taking control of it.
yup fits perfectly with their filmic inspirations.

Dyno

Heavenly Sword's success lies in the fact it was a launch title, if not the flagship title of the console. They might be wise to let it lie fallow while the first is still in such clear remembrance.

All of the charity Heavenly Sword was given will be revoked this time around and if this new game is of similar character and quality it will be brutally received.

Dyno said:
Heavenly Sword's success lies in the fact it was a launch title, if not the flagship title of the console. They might be wise to let it lie fallow while the first is still in such clear remembrance.

All of the charity Heavenly Sword was given will be revoked this time around and if this new game is of similar character and quality it will be brutally received.

HS was a launch title?

BeeDog

Dyno said:

HS wasn't already brutally received by the majority?

Dyno said:

axe to grind...? The game was actually reasonably recieved, and honestly Ive played a load of games over the years, and HS is good, flawed, but a good game nonetheless. Some people gave the game a similar score to lair, and that was a bit ridiculous.... Lair was poor.

KZObsessed

ohh that's some nice art, I'm intrigued. GDC is a bit soon for their next game, or so I thought. Bring it on, moar games moar games!

Doc Evils

Spank_Magnet said:
Metacritic has it at 68 out of 100 with user rating of 8.6 out of 10. A bit more criticallly acclaimed than 5/10 ;-)

Are you trying to spread BS?

15quvfa.jpg

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/heavenlysword

8bit

Knows the Score
gofreak said:
Nor are they saying who they're developing for (what publisher).

That's why I was wondering about their Sony relationship upthread, I've heard rumours from a friend of a friend of a brother of a cleaner.

Dante

Lightning said:
Why announce it now? Didn't Heavenly Sword take years to make?

Well this time they have all their tech ready, so I'd imagine this will be much shorter turn around.

Sage00 said:
Isn't wednesday Microsoft's keynote?
This reminds me of when Sony showed Killzone 2 at E3 the day of Microsofts keynote.

Anyone else hoping to see platforming in the game? Thats one reason I like God of War soooo much more than DMC. It's just boring with too much hack and slash I need some platforming to vary it up.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
The art looks cool kind of steam punk but I don't know.

BTW how much has HS sold world wide? They have to be hitting that million right right!?!?

Ceb

Have you seen the movie "Versus"? If this art is indeed for HS2, I get the feeling we'll get a similar thematic jump that we got in the final (corny) scene of Versus. Heavenly Sword with attached laser sight and all. :D

jett

D-Member
gofreak said:
Hmmm.

They went on and on about their hopes for HS as a franchise.

But now this sounds like they're leaving HS behind. Doing something perhaps spiritually similar, but they're not saying it's a new HS.

Nor are they saying who they're developing for (what publisher).

But they do say it's got everyone they've spoken to about it excited. Does that sound like they're shopping it around to anyone else?

Has Sony let them go? I had a slight impression that maybe Sony wasn't entirely happy with how HS turned out, but maybe I'm wrong..afterall, they did include it alongside Motorstorm in their EU bundles..

I just get a certain vibe from their new site. No mentions of publisher relationships or relationships with Sony going forward etc.

Well, can you blame NT or Sony? Heavenly Sword had a huge budget, and ended up being a commerical and a relatively critical failure.

I'll approach this new project with caution.

Top Bottom