• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Developer Conference on MAY 17, 2011

artwalknoon said:
The only reason would be if its a free demo and the full game isn't ready yet. So that would probably mean Nintendo just put the demo on there so that the launch of the eshop wouldn't be empty. Also demo makes people more likely to buy the game, unless you're Konno.

it's a fucking rom dump why would the full game not be ready

watershed

Banned
Father_Brain said:
I just noticed its listing, I thought at E3 it was talked about as a 3d classic not a vc title? The list is probably fake anyways.

Father_Brain said:

It is not easy to transform those old games to 3D... someone posted an explanation about the process, but some games are very hard to transform them in 3D...

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw that the game is under the VC category, not 3D Classics.

Ridley327

Fernando Rocker said:
It is not easy to transform those old games to 3D... someone posted an explanation about the process, but some games are very hard to transform them in 3D...
Except LADX has never been announced as a 3D Classics game.

GDGF

Soothsayer
GameE said:
Hum, I don't get the demo thing for Zelda. What would be the point of putting out the demo for the game but not the game itself.

Makes no sense at all. I'm going to assume that since we're going by a rag-tag collection of facts on a blog, something was lost in translation and we're getting a free to play demo in addition to the full game to buy and download.

BY2K

Membero Americo
First the retailer meeting, now this.

I... hate... May. It's always full of leaks, rumours and events (that may or may not give us more leaks and rumours and infos) like this before E3.

From The Dust said:
keep whining and they will delay it to post-E3 conference, young lady

I'm working from the assumption that they'll release it day of their E3 conference. Any earlier and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Rich!

Suzzopher said:
Well we are already 10 days into May and so far we haven't heard anything on the store from Nintendo.

It's an online store, not a retail release. They could announce it the night before if they wanted - if you have it online, your 3DS will be notified and download it anyway!

Suzzopher

richisawesome said:
It's an online store, not a retail release. They could announce it the night before if they wanted - if you have it online, your 3DS will be notified and download it anyway!

Yeah, building some hype for a service is never a good thing.

Luigiv

artwalknoon said:
The only reason would be if its a free demo and the full game isn't ready yet. So that would probably mean Nintendo just put the demo on there so that the launch of the eshop wouldn't be empty. Also demo makes people more likely to buy the game, unless you're Konno.
I'm pretty sure Konno was speaking on behalf of the whole company when he said that. Have you not noticed that demos on the Wii shop and Nintendo Channel are only temporary? Kind of a shame really (I love demos) but from a business perspective I can understand where Nintendo is coming from. On top of Konno's excuse (which does hold some truth) if a demo is poor then it has the potential to do more harm than good.

Boney

Banned
From The Dust said:
at least Marceline is awesome (unlike Boney). but I really want Megaman Legends 3 Prolouge to come out
hey wait a minute

you're in no position to say that

richisawesome said:
AFAIK, you have to manually download the May firmware update. Automatic SpotPass updates aren't supported by the current firmware. :/

WillyFive

Suzzopher said:
It baffles me how quiet a company can be about a service that will be pivotal to a large number of its users :(

Because Nintendo doesn't get it.

It's also why such a relatively small number of Wii users have it connected to the Internet. How are you supposed to know it can connect to the Internet, let alone buy a game!?!

They have started to create more ads for it, especially on their website and packaging, but no idea if it's working or not.

Josh7289

Nintendo Zone is a thing at various Nintendo hotspots throughout Japan that you can connect to and get info on games and stuff.

3DS Prepaid Card
1.jpg

Source: 3DS Prepaid Card Spotted in Store

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BY2K said:
So... no idea when it was starting?

I hope we hear something good out of this.

It's an event specifically targetted at developers. For, you know, developing games. It's not a press event. I'm pretty sure no press will be attending at all.

Nintendo have likely had many of these that we never even heard about. Expect nothing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
EatChildren said:
It's an event specifically targetted at developers. For, you know, developing games. It's not a press event. I'm pretty sure no press will be attending at all.

Nintendo have likely had many of these that we never even heard about. Expect nothing.

I know, I know. :(

Monty Mole said:
Seems ridiculous to have a 3DS-specific pre-paid card. Why not just a universal Nintendo store card which can be used on any of their devices now and moving forward?

considering the Wii doesn't use the revamped online system, it makes sense. besides, of course they will make it usable for the Cafe as well. and unify it with the Club Nintendo account

Luigiv

Monty Mole said:
Seems ridiculous to have a 3DS-specific pre-paid card. Why not just a universal Nintendo store card which can be used on any of their devices now and moving forward?
Because the DSi and Wii uses Space bucks Nintendo Points whilst the 3DS uses real currency. Anyway Nintendo already did that with Wii points when the DSi was introduced. Expect these cards to become universal when Nintendo releases the Cafe.

Edit: Beaten.

Neo Child

Banned
From The Dust said:
considering the Wii doesn't use the revamped online system, it makes sense. besides, of course they will make it usable for the Cafe as well. and unify it with the Club Nintendo account

I have a Club Nintendo account in the UK, not sure if its called something else. Needs to be global though, and just call their online service Club Nintendo. Sounds kinda cool.

Neo Child said:
I have a Club Nintendo account in the UK, not sure if its called something else. Needs to be global though, and just call their online service Club Nintendo. Sounds kinda cool.

it's the same I think. the 3DS has an updated ToS which basicly states that games are tied to your Club Nintendo account. so it's more or less account based. but we will see on the 6th

[Nintex]

POWERSPHERE said:
that's just down the street, you reckon I could just bumrush it?
Grab some hipster glasses, print some fake contact cards, start a twitter and facebook and don't forget your cap and iPhone.

Just use any of these names if they ask who you are:
Chris Norton
Alfred Duckinson
William Blue
Jake Redfish

Say that you are/represent:
EA Sports Taiwan Research and Marketing Co-Director of General Development.
Disney Interactive Talent Incubator Supervisor
Lucas Arts Producer of General Franchise Management
Managing Director of THQ Frankfurt(warning requires German accent)

Report back to us!

Neo Child

Banned
From The Dust said:
it's the same I think. the 3DS has an updated ToS which basicly states that games are tied to your Club Nintendo account. so it's more or less account based. but we will see on the 6th

Sweet, can't wait till this all happens. So stoked for E3....

They dropped Nintendo WFC quite quickly, it's pretty stupid sounding. I think their online should be just like Club Nintendo (like Playstation Network or XBox Live).

Luigiv

jump_button said:
what time it start not steaming it i take it?
Yeah it's a dev conference, not a press conference. I expect we'll probably get a press release in the next few days if any new consumer relevant information is presented in this conference.

Top Bottom