• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Developer Conference on MAY 17, 2011

Neo Child said:
Sweet, can't wait till this all happens. So stoked for E3....

They dropped Nintendo WFC quite quickly, it's pretty stupid sounding. I think their online should be just like Club Nintendo (like Playstation Network or XBox Live).
The best part is it will also give use insight on the Cafe's online system :D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
No pictures of booth babes yet?

WillyFive

EatChildren said:
It's an event specifically targetted at developers. For, you know, developing games. It's not a press event. I'm pretty sure no press will be attending at all.

Nintendo have likely had many of these that we never even heard about. Expect nothing.

But they say this:

This will not be a technical conference. The target audience will not be programmers or marketing teams.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Miyamoto shows racial prejudice by *not* wearing brazilian mankini in public, uses dreaded abduction technique on booth babes?

Luigiv

Willy105 said:
But they say this:

Target audience is Producers, Designers, key decision makers regarding game features, and project green lights. This will not be a technical conference. The target audience will not be programmers or marketing teams.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Willy105 said:
But they say this:
The key is in the first part:
Target audience is Producers, Designers, key decision makers regarding game features, and project green lights.
It's for those who decide to develop a project for the platform.

It's not a public event, there will be no press and, as some already said, Nintendo has several of these no one gets to know about externally.

heringer

Bentendo said:
Just shut up and apologize for what you've done.

I'm afraid I alienated an entire community with this move. This is HUGE.
I've brought shame to myself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

I shall publicly apologize or I might kiss my Gaf membership card goodbye. :(

BY2K

Membero Americo
heringer said:
Did they announce Majora's Mask remake already?

C'mon Nintendo, do it!

BbJEj.gif

wondermega

damn just read about this right now (10PM)

sucks cause I live in walking distance and it's not unreasonable to try and get in to these sorts of things (sometimes)

ah well, next month and stuff

wrowa

It was never meant for the public and we were never meant to know of it to begin with. I don't even know why people thought this would be threadworthy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GAF A60-Rim A said:
the hell was this? another rumor? lol

No rumours. It happened. It just wasn't a conference or press event at all. Im not sure why people expected anything out of it.

Luigiv

beje said:
I just saw this, supposedly taped with a phone during the dev conference.

>>>>>POTENTIAL FAKE HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE<<<<<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgjES1oOTlc&feature=player_embedded

Very well-done if fake.
Sarcasm? Looks like 3 Uni students with some semi decent Power point skills who got permission to set this up in one of the empty lecture theater. The generic looking device at the front could pretty much be anything from a mock-up to a completely different device all together.

90% sure it's fake.

Edit, actually, lets make that 100% sure.

Luigiv said:
Sarcasm? Looks like 3 Uni students with some semi decent Power point skills who got permission to set this up in one of the empty lecture theater. The generic looking device at the front could pretty much be anything from a mock-up to a completely different device all together.

90% sure it's fake.

Edit, actually, lets make that 100% sure.

It also seems to use an illustration of the same "Windows 7-box-painted-grey" photos of the alleged Cafe system that were floating about a while back, right down to the slot-loading drive at the base of the front of the system.

Luigiv

Cosmonaut X said:
It also seems to use an illustration of the same "Windows 7-box-painted-grey" photos of the alleged Cafe system that were floating about a while back, right down to the slot-loading drive at the base of the front of the system.
Yep. Also the lack of audio further proves how simple and lazy this hoax was (they couldn't even be assed to write a fake speech).

Luigiv said:
Yep. Also the lack of audio further proves how simple and lazy this hoax was (they couldn't even be assed to write a fake speech).
Do you know how many camera phones lack audio recording? :p

This is sarcasm, by the way

Top Bottom