• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS / Fall 2010 Conference Thread - Full conference recap in the OP

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yoschi said:
2ajdk54.gif
When I first saw this I thought he was going to have a battle with a someone in the flats that the train is whizzing past. I do wonder how fast the 3DS tag mode is.

Teknoman

AzureJericho said:
Man, last night I thought that 3DS GAF totalled the servers and now I find out that GAF went down because of a power outage? Laaame. :p

Meanwhile, 3DS is king. Holy shit some of last night's announcements were crazy. AND MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 AHHHHH, FEELS GREAT SON! :D

:lol Thats what I thought. The minute they revealed Virtual Console on 3DS was the minute the site died for me.

ChoklitReign said:
Remakes. Remakes everywhere.

And $250 sounds expensive. Hype down?

Theres only 2?

Wait GAF had a server outage last night?

Is that why I couldn't get in after an hour of trying and only had luck once just to see that I was the only one online? :lol

Shit, Evilore and Dragona must be pissed because they missed out on a whole lot of advertising money.

MisterHero

Can't believe GAF broke earlier this morning. T_T :lol

Ugh $200-250 pricetag. Wryyyy

the cradle and 2GB SD card are nice. I hope the augmented reality cards are somewhat captivating. :lol

I hate the crying over the price... We know the price and when it will come out. Just save in advance... Is it that hard to save!? Just save about 60 dollars a month and you will be good by then. If you don't have a job, then you need to hustle lol 3DS will be worth it.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Not enough talk about the games. Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort look awesome. And I really what I'm seeing with Star Fox 64 3D (that can't be the retail name).

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Not enough talk about the games. Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort look awesome. And I really what I'm seeing with Star Fox 64 3D (that can't be the retail name).

You're right, I think it will be
Starfox 643 d

MisterHero

Willy105 said:
Pilotwings looks almost like Wii Sports Resort in graphical quality.

But I hope there is more than Wu Hu island.
I actually thought that Wu Hu Island was based on Holiday Island from Pilotwings 64. :lol

Hopefully though the Pilotwings characters aren't Miis though

GWX

Holy shit, I just came. Some really unexpected (to me, of course) stuff in there, like Mega Man Legends 3 and Rhythm Tengoku Wii.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BGBW said:
When I first saw this I thought he was going to have a battle with a someone in the flats that the train is whizzing past. I do wonder how fast the 3DS tag mode is.

The exchange should happen pretty quickly. You'd only need to be in range long enough to transfer...a few KBs of data maybe? The game, of course, isn't actually going to do anything there and then - i.e. SFIV won't actually process a fight right there on the train. It'll just notice the data when it next boots up and process it to determine who won. The game will be deterministic, so your opponent will see the same result for that pairing of data as you do, next time they play it.

Sleeping on it hasn't really made me feel any better about all this. I'm so over with Nintendo at this point. I'm sick of Nintendo trying to compromise with third parties and their sensibilities. Ocarina of Time on a handheld? Seriously? It may be "just" $250, but this is supposed to be a portable toy. Charging $250+ for a portable toy is just ridiciculous. I had been planning on investing (significantly, too) for a long time but I'm going to pass now.

Medalion

Banned
It may have been said already... But it wasnt worth the hype and staying up...the conference was mostly reiterating wat was known from e3... But at least we got more vids and a release and price for japan, and vc gb gba games

GaussTek

This is a bit of a technical question. If the IGN specs rumor days ago is true, about having two ARM11 processors, those would be used for the 3D effect rendering right?

Now, I've seen the lineup video were we can see the bottom screen, the games display 2D graphics (not meaning the effect), so that would mean it does include another processor, perhaps an ARM7/ARM9 clocked at normal DS speeds?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
DeathbyVolcano said:
Man, the tears regarding this are hysterical. It's like the wii reveal thread all over again
Can you give me a recap? What are people unhappy about?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Holy shit I just woke up. Got a lot of catching up to do. I do see a healthy amount of 3DS threads on the first page, so I take it we had a good conference :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dacvak said:
Can you give me a recap? What are people unhappy about?

The two issues that are new as of last night:
- Price is high, and US conversion is $300. US price is, of course, not announced, and given the relative strength of the Yen people think the more likely price is $229 or $249.
- Some of the launch games look like shit (largely because they're lazy iPhone ports)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Black system looks nice, save for that gray hinge and gray analog stick. The stick looks especially bad on the aqua system.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Black system looks nice, save for that gray hinge and gray analog stick. The stick looks especially bad on the aqua system.

Mariah Carey said:
Sleeping on it hasn't really made me feel any better about all this. I'm so over with Nintendo at this point. I'm sick of Nintendo trying to compromise with third parties and their sensibilities.

:lol Those damned third parties, always ruining it for everyone.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Aren't those N64 game remakes confirmed to be downloads rather than actual cartridge games?

Apath

If this thing is priced $250+, I'll just wait for the inevitable revision like I did for the original DS. Unless I can transfer my VC games from the Wii and onto the 3DS =]

Medalion

Banned
The price in Japan is not indicative of pricing around the world...

however I wouldn't be surprised if the pricing for the 3DS for North America will be within the $249.99-$299.99 range.

Medalion

Banned
I've been out of the loop, but I was watching some trailers from last night for even the Wii, they are releasing essentially a 25 year anniversary edition of Super Mario Bros All Stars but for Wii, but looks exactly the same?!

GaussTek

Medalion said:
I've been out of the loop, but I was watching some trailers from last night for even the Wii, they are releasing essentially a 25 year anniversary edition of Super Mario Bros All Stars but for Wii, but looks exactly the same?!

Yep, It's just a cheap (literally) port.

Medalion said:
Yeah, it's more or less Super Mario All-Stars on a disk...

However, it comes with quite a few goodies. If you think less about the game and more about the goods, then it'll probably seem worth it. Especially since, as the poster above said, the collection is cheap and not a full-priced game.

MisterHero

Yeah that's probably their solution as opposed to a VC release

though I hope new remakes aren't out of consideration for 30 years :lol

:(

Stumpokapow said:
The two issues that are new as of last night:
- Price is high, and US conversion is $300. US price is, of course, not announced, and given the relative strength of the Yen people think the more likely price is $229 or $249.
- Some of the launch games look like shit (largely because they're lazy iPhone ports)

So really the rage is unwarranted.

First point - we just have to deal with it until they make an announcement.

Second point - this comes as little surprise, because every console launch in the history of forever has had some poor titles. As long as we have some genuinely great games at launch like Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and Ocarina of Time, it's irrelevant bitching.

Amir0x

Banned
jay said:
Why would that be true? It certainly wasn't for Sony and they had a lot more mindshare when they learned this.

Well, i don't think this pricepoint is quite at the "SIX HUNDRED DOLLARSUUUU!!!!111", so I don't think the comparison is 1:1 anyway.

Gravijah

Amir0x said:
Well, i don't think this pricepoint is quite at the "SIX HUNDRED DOLLARSUUUU!!!!111", so I don't think the comparison is 1:1 anyway.

How good was the third party support at first for the PS3? My mind is fuzzy... I know with so many potentially good games and so much support for the 3DS, it's hard for me to complain too much. But damn it if I won't try!

Amir0x

Banned
Gravijah said:
How good was the third party support at first for the PS3? My mind is fuzzy... I know with so many potentially good games and so much support for the 3DS, it's hard for me to complain too much. But damn it if I won't try!

PS3 support was super hot initially, then it all evaporated after the price point reveal in slow trickle form. This exclusive would get announced for 360 too, then that exclusive... then eventually the PS3 had barely any exclusives at all. Third parties were hot for it, then not.

In my opinion, honestly, the 3DS support is not that special. In so much as all the major developer's have announced games for it, it's a good indication that it is going to get good support eventually, but so far we're getting ports and more ports and then more ports after that and after that some more ports.

Anyway, as long as Megaman Legends 3 and Paper Mario 3DS, I'll get the system. Got to. But I don't find anything remarkable about the titles actually announced so far. And I don't really expect that, launch window titles are always shit.

Kenak said:
If this thing is priced $250+, I'll just wait for the inevitable revision like I did for the original DS. Unless I can transfer my VC games from the Wii and onto the 3DS =]

This.

Not spending $300+ on a launch unit when Nintendo is just going to come out with a better, sleaker, thinner version down the road.

Anyone know what launch titles were announced? Were the ones in the montage the launch titles?

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Shikamaru Ninja said:

These along with Kid Icarus will be my highest priorities come launch.

Rich!

Takeda Kenshi said:
These along with Kid Icarus will be my highest priorities come launch.

Kid Icarus doesn't look like it'll be available for launch anymore...Nintendo's placed it as a release for after Spring 2011.

Top Bottom