• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed [N-CONF] - Releasing in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

luffeN

So, for what it's worth, I contacted the Austria PR firm for Nintendo and they said yes, this is indeed the launch lineup. The German PR is still at E3 and will come back on the 18th. But as projects get delayed and so on we will see and I guess have to wait for TGS and NOJ.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
HELLYEAH WOTTER-MAN

CHYEAAAH BOIIII

sphinx said:
what?? I am trolling now???

Crystal Chronicles games are mediocre games AT BEST and that´s the way it is.

I agree, final fantasy 3 and 4 DS are worth any gamer´s time but I can´t be declared a troll for not being particularly amused by the possibility that Square´s final fantasy support for 3ds will consist of remakes and mediocre crystal chornicles games.

I will be there day one if we get a spin-off FFXIII game like XII:Revenant wings for DS.

It is pointless to speculate so I will stop right there but I don´t think it´s uncalled for to have doubts about the quality of the upcoming 3DS FF support.

It's OK to have some doubts, that's fine, but it seemed as if you were making a dumb joke about it being CC when honestly, we don't know what it is going to be, only "FF FRANCHISE".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know about the other games, but Echoes of Time was much better than the FF3 remake. IMO.

sphinx

the piano man
Andrex said:
I don't know about the other games, but Echoes of Time was much better than the FF3 remake. IMO.

I played ring of fates after being totally and absolutely in love with the gamecube crystal chornicles and oh what a disappointment.

first of all, the production value of the gamecube game was absolutely superb. Soundtrack, graphics, emotions, story, presentation were all fantastic, even if the gameplay was a bit on the shallow side.

Ring of fates has an annoying story, the most repetitive dungeon crawling ever, dumb item management, poor 3D physics and like 5% of the production value of the GC game. That said, of course I stood far away from echoes of time.

FF3 was for me a competent, decent remake so I can´t say I was disappointed.

Gravijah

sphinx said:
I played ring of fates after being totally and absolutely in love with the gamecube crystal chornicles and oh what a disappointment.

first of all, the production value of the gamecube game where absolutely superb, soundtrack, graphics, emotions, story, presentation was all fantastic, even if the gameplay was a bit on the shallow side.

Ring of fates has an annoying story, the most repetitive dungeon crawling ever, dumb item management, poor 3D physics and like 5% of the production value of the GC game. That said, of course I stood far away from echoes of time.

FF3 for me a competent, decent remake so I can´t say I was disappointed.

I guess I have a "feeling" that after the DS and Wii success, Square-Enix will be paying MUCH more attention to the 3DS... but a "feeling" isn't something to go on, so. :lol

Celine

banKai said:
So, for what it's worth, I contacted the Austria PR firm for Nintendo and they said yes, this is indeed the launch lineup. The German PR is still at E3 and will come back on the 18th. But as projects get delayed and so on we will see and I guess have to wait for TGS and NOJ.
Too good to be real :-\

Also NOJ doesn't exist ;-)
It's called NCL.

ILikeFeet

Banned
DataBot said:
Super Robot franchise (name not final)

imagine, this in 3D

1258171290758.gif

*drools*

I'm pretty sure that I haven't had the opportunity to post in this thread yet so here goes...

I have to say that I'm completely impressed and absolutely curious about this little device at the same time. It has been a while since I last had major interest in handheld systems, but this 3DS has me salivating over MGS3D, Starfox(I JUST SAW IT ON THE LIST AND I CAN'T WAIT!), Resident Evil, Mario and a swath of third party titles that I never even gave a second glance.

I think the 3DS will do more for the handheld market than most people can even imagine. This will probably be one of the last visual innovations/jumps that is comparable to that of 3D video games which became popular thanks to the PC/N64/Playstation platforms.

These are indeed great times to be a gamer.

DataBot

Buy

Capcom
RESIDENT EVIL® REVELATIONS

KONAMI
HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D “The Naked Sample”

Nintendo
Kid IcarusTM: Uprising
Mario KartTM

TECMO KOEI GAMES
NINJA GAIDEN® (name not final)

Maybe buy:

NAMCO BANDAI Games
RIDGE RACER® (name not final)

SQUARE ENIX
DRAGON QUEST® franchise
FINAL FANTASY® franchise
KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

Take-Two Interactive
Carnival Games® franchise

TECMO KOEI GAMES
DEAD OR ALIVE® 3D (name not final)
DYNASTY WARRIORS® (name not final)
SAMURAI WARRIORS® 3D (name not final)

Ubisoft
Assassin’s CreedTM Lost Legacy

Warner Bros
Batman franchise

sphinx

the piano man
Gravijah said:
I guess I have a "feeling" that after the DS and Wii success, Square-Enix will be paying MUCH more attention to the 3DS... but a "feeling" isn't something to go on, so. :lol

wasn´t there a part of the staff in Square-enix ( on the square Side, owner of the FF franchise) that are rather anti-nintendo?

the interesting thing about 3DS is that it presents itself as a hardcore gamer device. The launch software isn´t your brain-training/Wario ware casualware but rather the powerhouses of Resident evil, metal gear. Those have been the presentation cards of this system since its reveal.

This could lead SE to develop properly for 3DS instead of the half assed spin-offs but we can only hope.

So far 3DS is in position to become the ultimate hardcore gaming device ever and the most relevant of its kind since the PS2, if 3rd parties hop on board, like they seem to be doing. If things go like planned, we could be getting a must have title every one or 2 months just like in the PS2 era.

HYPE! :)

carlo6529

banKai said:

Things change. I won't be surprised if we get half those games in the launch window.

Celine said:
Can someone post the launch line up for the DS in 2004 ? :lol
NA Launch Games:

* Asphalt Urban GT (Ubisoft)
* Feel the Magic: XY/XX (Sega)
* Madden NFL 2005 (Electronic Arts)
* Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
* Ping Pals (THQ)
* Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
* Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
* Sprung (Ubisoft)
* Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
* The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts)

Lee N said:
I can't do video, but here's a still image to illustrate the effect. This isn't meant for crosseyed viewing but rather parallel viewing (as I find them easier to see myself).

What you want to do is to find something to put between your eyes (like a DVD case or along those lines) so that your left eye will only see the left image, and your right eye will only see the right image. Then adjust your focus and distance from the monitor until it's all sharp - you should see a 3D effect.

I know we had an entire thread about this (and thanks for the effort, regardless) but I literally have no idea how to do this. I can block the center of my vision (with my hands, say) so that my left eye can't see the right image and vice versa, but then.. I still see two images, one in the left and one in the right. I want to cross my eyes to bring the images together. Blargh.

1-D_FTW

Celine said:

We don't know what we're getting here either. It doesn't seem like anyone has had a dev kit for very long. It's very possible will get a Feb. USA launch (so as not to hurt DS sales one bit) and half those Nintendo titles and 10 percent of the third party list (if we're lucky).

Hobbun

Celine said:

We don’t even know which of the games Nintendo has announced during E3 will be launch games for the 3DS.

I am sure a lot of these we won’t see until over a long period of time.

1-D_FTW said:
We don't know what we're getting here either. It doesn't seem like anyone has had a dev kit for very long. It's very possible will get a Feb. USA launch (so as not to hurt DS sales one bit) and half those Nintendo titles and 10 percent of the third party list (if we're lucky).

And that still destroys the DS launch line up.
Outside of Mr Driller, SM64 and maybe Feel the Magic, there was basically nothing for months.

jmdajr

Excited about this, even though you have to look straight on to get the 3d effect.

It seems to me with the glasses on you can still see the 3d effect from multiple angles on an HDTV.

I wonder how long before we have a 3d tv without glasses that you can view more than just straight on.

Hobbun

AceBandage said:
Outside of Mr Driller, SM64 and maybe Feel the Magic, there was basically nothing for months.

What games do you think we will be getting at launch?

I can see Pilotwings, Mario Kart and Paper Mario as the big ones.

Leezard

Celine said:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3135200

1up said:
Asphalt Urban GT (Ubisoft)
Feel the Magic XY/XX (Sega)
Madden NFL 2005 (Electronic Arts)
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
Ping Pals (THQ)
Rayman DS (Ubisoft)
Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (Electronic Arts)
The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)

edit: beaten.

Hobbun

DataBot said:
And Kid Icarus.

333ejc5.jpg

Well, then switch one of mine out for Kid Icarus. I don’t think we’d get that many ‘big’ name games at launch. In fact, we most likely will only get two than the three I first said. And then there will be a bunch of smaller titles coming as well that haven’t been announced yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
btw. So we wont get any trailers of 3ds games besides of ki uprising this e3 ?

Hobbun said:
What games do you think we will be getting at launch?

I can see Pilotwings, Mario Kart and Paper Mario as the big ones.

Kid Icarus
Mario Kart
Star Fox
OoT
All the Ubisoft games (most are just DS ports or XBox ports)
Chocobo Racing (Probably a remake of the PS1 game)

cw_sasuke said:
btw. So we wont get any trailers of 3ds games besides of ki uprising this e3 ?

Third party games will probably have trailers released throughout the year.
Nintendo games will probably come at the Fall conference (where we get price and launch date).

Hobbun

AceBandage said:
Kid Icarus
Mario Kart
Star Fox
OoT
All the Ubisoft games (most are just DS ports or XBox ports)
Chocobo Racing (Probably a remake of the PS1 game)

You really think we'd get that many big titles?

I would figure Nintendo is going to want to space those out more.

XPE

I remember in the 2nd wave of DS title ubi released the port of chaos theory from the n gauge.

Now ubi soft are releasing a port of chaos theory from the home consoles.

Got to love ubi soft :lol

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Any chance amazon will start preorders before they even announce a price? Or is it a safe bet that they wait till then?

Celine

AceBandage said:
Yep :D
The first DS game that interested me was Castlevania DoS in mid 2005.

Fake edit:
And Yoshi Touch 'n Go.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
AceBandage said:
Nintendo is going to go big with this thing, right out of the gate.

True - but they wont overshadow 3rd partys like that if they dont need to. I expect 2 big games from them and some killer app ala wii sports pre-installed on the system. But they will give 3rd partys some space to get their foot on the system.

i would rather have them spent more time on developing them games and release a nust have every 2 months then putting out everything at the beginning.

btw. I still expect games like star fox 64 to be distributed via 3DSware/virtual console 3d....

Celine

jmdajr said:
I wonder how long before we have a 3d tv without glasses that you can view more than just straight on.
They already exist ( up to 64 views I believe) but they are very costly and more views you get, more lower are the users' resolution.
Another solution would be adjustable barrier with the use of a cam to track heads position.

Pirabear

Banned
Buy:
-Etrian Odyssey
-Shin Megami Tensei
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
-RESIDENT EVIL® REVELATIONS
-HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D “The Naked Sample”
-Kid IcarusTM: Uprising
-Paper MarioTM
-Star Fox 64TM 3D

Maybe:

-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
-Gundam® franchise (name not final)
-Super Robot franchise (name not final)
-DRAGON QUEST® franchise
-FINAL FANTASY® franchise
-KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

Still need to play the original Devil Survivor.

Hex

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
Is this the first time in gaming where a system was announced with no hint of a release date?

I think it is because they are honestly trying to finalize pricing.
They do not want to announce a date until they have price set, and are probably still crunching numbers to try and make sure it comes at an appealing price point.
OR they are trying to let the hardware and the developer line up build a following and interest base before the price so that people will focus on the games and the release instead of the price (meaning that it might be higher than many would like)

Hobbun

cw_sasuke said:
True - but they wont overshadow 3rd partys like that if they dont need to. I expect 2 big games from them and some killer app ala wii sports pre-installed on the system. But they will give 3rd partys some space to get their foot on the system.

i would rather have them spent more time on developing them games and release a nust have every 2 months then putting out everything at the beginning.

btw. I still expect games like star fox 64 to be distributed via 3DSware/virtual console 3d....

Now are the remaking Starfox 64 or making completely new Starfox game? I thought it was a new Starfox game.

Also, I hope it is released via media and not through dl. Same applies for the OoT remake. With how Nintendo’s policy is in regards to transferring downloads
it sucks
, I would prefer the media.

Aeris130

AceBandage said:
NA Launch Games:

* Asphalt Urban GT (Ubisoft)
* Feel the Magic: XY/XX (Sega)
* Madden NFL 2005 (Electronic Arts)
* Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
* Ping Pals (THQ)
* Ridge Racer DS (Namco)
* Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
* Sprung (Ubisoft)
* Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
* The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts)

Oh god, I still remember this...

DataBot said:
ATLUS
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Capcom
RESIDENT EVIL® REVELATIONS
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition (name not final)

Electronic Arts
FIFA Soccer
Madden NFL

KONAMI
HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D “The Naked Sample”
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER franchise / WINNING ELEVEN franchise

LEVEL-5
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

Nintendo
Mario KartTM

SQUARE ENIX
DRAGON QUEST® franchise
FINAL FANTASY® franchise
KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

TECMO KOEI GAMES
NINJA GAIDEN® (name not final)

THQ
Saints Row: Drive-By

Ubisoft
Assassin’s CreedTM Lost Legacy
Tom Clancy’s Ghost ReconTM
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos TheoryT

Warner Bros
Batman franchise

Interested. Doesn't mean I'll buy them though, will just keep an eye on them.

Have they said if the 3DS will support TV Out yet?

DataBot

AranhaHunter said:
Interested. Doesn't mean I'll buy them though, will just keep an eye on them.

Have they said if the 3DS will support TV Out yet?

You are not intrested in Kid Icarus?

No info on tv out most likely not supported.

Hobbun said:
Now are the remaking Starfox 64 or making completely new Starfox game? I thought it was a new Starfox game.

Also, I hope it is released via media and not through dl. Same applies for the OoT remake. With how Nintendo’s policy is in regards to transferring downloads
it sucks
, I would prefer the media.

It's a remake of 64.

DataBot said:
You are not intrested in Kid Icarus?

No info on tv out most likely not supported.

Not interested at this point, played Kid Icarus when I was a kid and enjoyed it from what I remember but don't know if I'd want to play it again, will probably check it out when it comes out and if I like it I'll buy it. Those games that I listed are the ones I'm keeping an eye on right now, the other ones I might check out after release, you never know, Batma for example might be another surprise AAA game like Arkham Asylum.

Hex

Banned
Are we really going gamefaqs here and filling the thread by making "buy / not buy" lists for games which do not even exist yet?

ziran

Wow!! From the impressions it sounds amazing!

Very pleased with everything they've packed into to this system. Looking forward to Nintendogs/Cats and a new Paper Mario the most, but generally speaking there's so much great stuff coming! :D

Chinner

Banned
Hex said:
Are we really going gamefaqs here and filling the thread by making "buy / not buy" lists for games which do not even exist yet?
welll today i bought some apples, bananas, chicken, king prawns, strawberries, lettice and tomatoes. i also bought some eggs.

i decided not to buy bread because it has lots of carbs in it, and the same applies to pizza. which is a shame because im trying to be healthy but i love pizza!

DataBot

Chinner said:
welll today i bought some apples, bananas, chicken, king prawns, strawberries, lettice and tomatoes. i also bought some eggs.

i decided not to buy bread because it has lots of carbs in it, and the same applies to pizza. which is a shame because im trying to be healthy but i love pizza!

Well done Chinner :lol

XPE

I dont think the problem with the release date is the hardware, i think its the software, if you look at the amount of playable games at e3 there isnt that many i think it going to take some time for the 3rd party to finish their games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom