• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Accounts now support User IDs and child accounts

Hedgey

Yeah, same for me. I eventually went back and entered my info again, and got an Access Denied message.

It mentions that if you've already used that e-mail, you can't create a new account.
I had to use an alt e-mail, but I registered Hedgey

Stopdoor

They could make that automatically when you turn 18, but otherwise, why would it be a problem?

If they do do that that's great, but what can be a problem is similar to how PSN didn't give the option and that meant you needed to create a new account and give up all your purchases and trophies if you wanted to drop all the restrictions. I'm not too hyped Nintendo will do it any better, but would love to be proven wrong though.

ReyVGM

Ok so what does this mean exactly?

When setting up my WiiU's NNID, I created one under my nickname "ReyVGM", but I made a mistake and selected the wrong country of origin. That meant that the eshop, miitomo, mynintendo, etc, could not be linked to that NNID because it had a different country. So I created another NNID called ReyVGM2 (which I hate) and that's what I've been using with accounts.nintendo.com

But now I did the process mentioned here and I "created" a new User ID called ReyVGM and so far I haven't gotten any mistakes? I don't have my WiiU around to test for now, so does that mean I can finally use the NNID I want on the WiiU?

Neptonic

I hope this will end up being my username on the switch, and my NNID will my account name (just like steam's system). I left the room for 2 minutes and my dad messed up my NNID so it had the word network after what I chose, so I hate it.

The My Nintendo rewards site just changed today. Less rewards than before, but they combine the Mittomo and silver coins, along with changing the UI.

Might be related.

When setting up my WiiU's NNID, I created one under my nickname "ReyVGM", but I made a mistake and selected the wrong country of origin. That meant that the eshop, miitomo, mynintendo, etc, could not be linked to that NNID because it had a different country. So I created another NNID called ReyVGM2 (which I hate) and that's what I've been using with accounts.nintendo.com

But now I did the process mentioned here and I "created" a new User ID called ReyVGM and so far I haven't gotten any mistakes? I don't have my WiiU around to test for now, so does that mean I can finally use the NNID I want on the WiiU?

I don't think so. I think this is pretty much for everything going forward i.e. for logging into their websites, mobile games, and Switch.

thefro

Hopefully this means they can open up party chat, etc now that folks under 13 have their own account (which should be restricted by default).

corn_fest

I think Nintendo Accounts are replacing and subsuming NNIDs going forward.
It seems that NNIDs will be relegated to just being another alternate means of signing into a Nintendo Account, much like G+/Facebook/Twitter.

ReyVGM

I don't think so. I think this is pretty much for everything going forward i.e. for logging into their websites, mobile games, and Switch.

I see, thanks.

Hopefully the stick with this one and stop bringing so much confusion.

Good thing is that it looks like that's what it is since Miitomo is tied to your Nintendo account.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Figure this is a good place to ask. I just got a Wii U, and have never made an account on my 3DS (never bought anything digital.)

Do I make a Nintendo Network ID on my Wii U first, or do I make a Nintendo account online first?

Pokemaniac

Figure this is a good place to ask. I just got a Wii U, and have never made an account on my 3DS (never bought anything digital.)

Do I make a Nintendo Network ID on my Wii U first, or do I make a Nintendo account online first?

NNIDs can be linked to Nintendo Accounts, but the systems are otherwise fairly separate.

Jackano

I think Nintendo Accounts are replacing and subsuming NNIDs going forward.
It seems that NNIDs will be relegated to just being another alternate means of signing into a Nintendo Account, much like G+/Facebook/Twitter.

Yeah NNID is an authentication system
Nintendo Accounts are an... account system

Top Bottom