• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces the New 3DS XL for North America to be released February 13

Chucker

Gonna try my local Mom & Pop shop tonight after work, will go for a black w/ MH4U. If they don't have it tonight I guess I'll go out in the morning to target and try to get the MM jams.

Should be fun!

I'm so jelly of everyone getting their n3DS's (XL's).

I have mine pre-ordered at GameStop so I have to wait till tomorrow AM to go get it (they are not doing a midnight launch).

I'm so excited for it, and I'm actually not sure why LOL. I think the improved 3D should be great, and the C-Stick for Smash is probably going to be amazing.

Hah same boat, but I can attest that the 3d is worlds better an I was in the angry boat of original us 3ds owners, but the crosstalk and screen quality of whatever they changed in the new xls is seriously tons better.

ThatMattZ

My friend decided last minute that he wants a New Nintendo 3DSXL and since I'm off work tomorrow I told him I'd help him get one. He's got a Best Buy gift card so I'm locked in to going there tomorrow morning. Are the regular Red and Black units going to be fairly available for walk-ins or am I in for a nightmare?

My XL and Majora's Mask from Best Buy are preparing to ship, yay!

Oddly enough my Monster Hunter 4 isn't seeing any movement. Hopefully that changes later today.

The DSi is the best handheld Nintendo have ever made (disclaimer: I've never owned a Micro) so hearing people comparing this to it, here and elsewhere, puts my hype through the roof man.
My units waiting at home but I won't even get to open it until tomorrow :(

Derpyduck

Banned
The DSi is the best handheld Nintendo have ever made (disclaimer: I've never owned a Micro) so hearing people comparing this to it, here and elsewhere, puts my hype through the roof man.
My units waiting at home but I won't even get to open it until tomorrow :(

The DSI is the best? No way. Not even close. It removed the ability to play GBA titles.

Mendoza

The DSI is the best? No way. Not even close. It removed the ability to play GBA titles.

The GBA was meant to be played on an SP or Micro. Playing on the DS always gave be problem due to the b/a button placement.

DSi was just so damn sexy when it came out.

On topic though, I refuse to buy the New 3DS until US gets the non-XL. I can't cave in or Nintendo wins. I hate all of you :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, that's a super bummer. The DSi XL screen is absolutely amazing for pixel art games and GBA games would have been a perfect fit there. The DS, as it is, displays GBA games at a smaller size than a GBA-SP or original system and the screen on the DS Lite is pretty trash. DSi XL is a monumental improvement.

The GBA was meant to be played on an SP or Micro.
Honestly, I prefer using a modded OG GBA system with the SP+ backlit screen installed. More comfortable and still nice to look at.

Also the Game Boy Player with forced 240p over RGB is not bad either.

In terms of design and build quality it blows everything else out of the water.
It was painful moving on to the original 3DS, it took so many steps backwards.

(I never personally liked playing GBA games on any DS, GBA SP was always superior imo)

Top Bottom