• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

Simbabbad

Baito has a girl squid hairstyle, Baito is female confirmed.
Nope. Again, the rabbit is male in every language where adjectives change according to gender, and in my region, he explains he had to adopt the female haircut because of his ears. I don't understand why some people are obsessed with that.

pHand

Nope. Again, the rabbit is male in every language where adjectives change according to gender, and in my region, he explains he had to adopt the female haircut because of his ears. I don't understand why some people are obsessed with that.

Heh, I was being facetious. Smash could always use another female character, though. Baito's Final Smash could be filling the screen with speech bubbles begging you to buy plays.

Out of curiosity, I did some digging and in Japan the bunny is officially referred to as Baito-kun: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/150128/badge/

The -kun suffix is usually reserved as a cute name for young boys (as opposed to -chan, which is for young girls). However, one of the exceptions is in the workplace, where -kun can be attached to the names of young, female employees. The mystery deepens.

Simbabbad

I think it's a Breath of the Wild situation, a male character that's so androgynous anybody can relate to him.

On some level, it's more daring than a stereotypical male or female character.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heh, I was being facetious. Smash could always use another female character, though. Baito's Final Smash could be filling the screen with speech bubbles begging you to buy plays.

Out of curiosity, I did some digging and in Japan the bunny is officially referred to as Baito-kun: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/150128/badge/

The -kun suffix is usually reserved as a cute name for young boys (as opposed to -chan, which is for young girls). However, one of the exceptions is in the workplace, where -kun can be attached to the names of young, female employees. The mystery deepens.

I always refer to him as Baito than "Arcade Bunny". Sure Baito itself is a common noun but Japan has a tendency to name things like that.

mrpants

I finally hit 2000 badges!
cg7D3Dg.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
US just got the MH Generation badges today, & is part of a "two-part" festival, which will happen in a few weeks.

Megatron

Is anyone else having server maintenance? I can't log in.

Where are the Mega Man badges, NoA?

WHERE ARE THE MEGA MAN BADGES?!

Yeah seriously. Though on the other hand, those badges will,actually get me to send money, a lot of it. So it's not all bad.

So much Rhythm Heaven!

Is there a trick to getting the badges with hooks on? It's the first time I've tried, but almost every time they just get stuck and fall straight back where they were.

pHand

So much Rhythm Heaven!

Is there a trick to getting the badges with hooks on? It's the first time I've tried, but almost every time they just get stuck and fall straight back where they were.

This guy did a video for all of the RHM badges: https://youtu.be/w9sFX9O4loI?t=10m16s

That hook layout has been used multiple times, and it's always a pain. You can get the two leftmost badges in one move if your timing is good (though I thought I timed it perfectly twice during practice and still couldn't unhook them properly until the third try). For the rightmost badge, you'll want the claw to barely move from its starting position, so just tap A once at a time. The remaining badge is always a crapshoot for me. The gist of the hook machines is that, as much as possible, you'll want to aim for the hooks and not the badges themselves. Easier said than done, of course.

And I promised myself I wouldn't spend any more money on this POS game, but Rhythm Heaven makes me so weak ;_;

Forkball

Cleared the Greninja panel with just three moves. The legendaries are fairly easy, but you can really just get one per turn.

Gravijah

Are they ever going to fix "LAST DAY" popping up for days at a time or are they going to keep it that way to push people into feeling like they have to spend?

Forkball

Yeah that's not wood, but a Japanese rock garden. A strange thing to include but hey.

I really wish they would let you put more badges on the home screen. I wonder why the limit. Technical issues? Also please bring Badge Arcade to the NX.

Velcro Fly

got all the mega man badges

now i have 666 total

hoping to earn a free play today to get another badge to get off that number

mclem

Are they ever going to fix "LAST DAY" popping up for days at a time or are they going to keep it that way to push people into feeling like they have to spend?

It seems like the week ends at a different time to the overnight maintenance, which can be somewhat confusing. There was a period where I was up late on a regular basis and so would occasionally play Badge Arcade just after maintenance, and - IIRC - you'd effectively see two days of 'Last day' doing that; the badges available after maintenance on Thursday night/Friday morning would still be those from the previous week (and therefore flagged as 'Last day', whereas when I swapped to playing on my bus into work on each day (so around 9AM) the badges would have rolled over onto the new week.

I suspect that what's really the case is that 'Last day' represents the last full day, but there's a few hours after the end of the last full day where the badges are still available, and 'Last day' label still exists. If you tend to play in that window, you'll see two 'Last day', but on the *second* such day, you'll find the badges change later that day.

Whoa whoa whoa! What was that crying animation!?
Just happened on the Euro update when he reads the Pidgey Pokedex entry, never seen it before it was hilarious. I love this Bunny

WPS

Talking of the Euro arcade, bunny's currently mentioning a Mega Mewtwo X pixel badge, but there isn't one in any of the machines. Weird.

Spent $11 last night clearing out a bunch of the Mega Man badges and am determined to get them all. Definiteiy the most I've spent in one sitting on this game since I usually just milk free plays and supplement with $1 or $2 here and there. So yeah, lots of pretty third party related badges will get me to spend more, NOA. Does Japan have Dragon Quest badges?

pHand

How do I get the dang raccoon Mario in this SMB3 catcher? It's in the corner and barely moves no matter what I do!

I haven't looked for a video yet, but my gut feeling is that there's a bouncy red wall on the left for a reason. You probably have to bounce the bomb off the wall.

Megatron

Whats the best strategy for getting the megaman 5 boss sprite badges? The ones in the big squares? Try grabbing the heads that stick out at the top?

Top Bottom