• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

tmarg

Got a triforce to use as the emblem on my folder of VC Zelda titles with my free plays today.

This thing is strangely compelling, though hopefully I won't waste too much money on it.

I wish you could get music and sound effects. I guess they would be hard to display in the crane, but it would be nice to be able to customize that stuff on your home screen as well.

LAA

Whats going on with this game for me?!
I can't even finish a play. Sometimes when booting up its just taking forever to download the latest data, then in the game when I finish I play it's just "Leave the power on and please be patient"
Left that on for 15mins and nothing.

Already tried changing SD card and deleting and recreating internet settings.

tmarg

Whats going on with this game for me?!
I can't even finish a play. Sometimes when booting up its just taking forever to download the latest data, then in the game when I finish I play it's just "Leave the power on and please be patient"
Left that on for 15mins and nothing.

Already tried changing SD card and deleting and recreating internet settings.

Taking forever to start up seems to be normal, unfortunately. I've haven't had the "Leave the power on and please be patient" part after playing last more than a couple seconds.

EU and NA have different sets I guess? Because there were no Zelda badges for me. No splatoon either. Only Mario and AC :/

I screwed up most of my free plays, not a good start ._.
I'm scared to waste money on this now

LAA

Taking forever to start up seems to be normal, unfortunately. I've haven't had the "Leave the power on and please be patient" part after playing last more than a couple seconds.

Still the exact same problem after deleting and redownloading again.
I actually have an old and new 3ds too, so I tried on the old 3DS and it also had the problem the new 3ds did at times where it would just stop downloading the game. Like no blocks are being carried by the hooks but still continuing anyway and you're forced to hold the power button down to escape.
In UK too btw if that changes anything.

Got a random free play and one free play from practice. Claw grabbed a Splatoon badge and dragged two other badges along with it. Good day today.

This game is fucking crack.

I downloaded it 30 minutes ago and I have already spent $2.

ciJnkAf.jpg

I got really lucky in one of the Zelda crane game.

I wish I could preview the special theme offer though, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was a Mario theme. :(

JonnyKong

I don't know why, I must have misread it somewhere, but I thought we got 5 free plays everyday. Having to pay nearly a quid everytime I want to play is putting me off. Saying that, I quite happily paid £1.80 on it last night, and now I keep thinking how I want more :(

I don't know why, I must have misread it somewhere, but I thought we got 5 free plays everyday. Having to pay nearly a quid everytime I want to play is putting me off. Saying that, I quite happily paid £1.80 on it last night, and now I keep thinking how I want more :(
If you utilize the practice machine you can almost gaurantee at least one free play a day.

Ooo,

I didn't know there was a practice crane! Only had a very quick blast of it last night. Cheers for letting me know.
Yeah, you can use it once a day. For every ten dummy badges you get, they give you a free play. Plus the dummy badges have a chance to have hidden bullseye symbols on the back the give you even more free plays.

I have 24 badges and I haven't spent any money at all yet.

How often do they offer special themes?
I think there's always at least one special theme on offer. (Correct me if I'm wrong Joe/anyone.)

KingBroly

Banned
You get 1 free play today, I'm assuming because it's the start of a new week. I'm going to start looking up YT playthroughs by experts to maximize stuff, lol.

So I'm wondering what the free theme is this week.

I spent $5 on it and completed 4 badge sets (5 if you count some system icons). I wish I could say I regret nothing but this is just a really silly way to spend money.

Chopper

I spent $5 on it and completed 4 badge sets (5 if you count some system icons). I wish I could say I regret nothing but this is just a really silly way to spend money.
I'm inclined to agree. I spent £1.80 this morning, and immediately regretted it. Not because I'll miss the money, but because it was so easy and could be a very slippery slope. Free turns only for me, until those console badges appear for my folders!

daydream

Banned
i, uh, put some money into this yesterday, will slow down for the time being, though (especially with no interesting sets up as of right now)

how do you actually replace the music, camera, etc. icons?

n64coder

Has anyone spent $30 or $40 on it? I think there was another FTP Nintendo game that had a spending cap on it. Or is this game unlimited?

I didn't think a crane game could be this fun. I do have good self control so I won't be spending a dime. I will buy Pokemon Picross 3DS when it comes out, just like I got Stretchmo.

JoeM86

Has anyone spent $30 or $40 on it? I think there was another FTP Nintendo game that had a spending cap on it. Or is this game unlimited?

I didn't think a crane game could be this fun. I do have good self control so I won't be spending a dime. I will buy Pokemon Picross 3DS when it comes out, just like I got Stretchmo.

You're thinking of Pokémon Rumble World and Pokémon Picross which have an upper limit, which makes sense due to how it works.

This game does not have any limits, especially considering it gets weekly updates.

creid

Spent a couple bucks this morning just to finish off a set that I wasn't all the interested in in the first place. RIP my wallet when the FE badges show up, or if they ever make Xenoblade badges.

Anyone know when the machines "reset"? i.e. If I use one play, and the badges are knocked out of position, when do they get put back in their original configuration? After quitting the game? The next day? After going to check my collection and going back?

Boogiepop

Need to get myself back into the "absolutely don't spend money (past the themes at least)" mindset I had for the Japanese one when I played it. Got into a bit of a "crap, one badge left over and it's going to be harder to get it with the free plays" mindset this morning and ended up spending like $6 instead of two, whoops! At least I completed the LBW sets and the Splatoon (outside of the squid bridge, which I haven't tried yet). Seriously though, screw the bouncy LBW set, that was the real problem. So, sooooo easy to get screwed up on that one. Hopefully there aren't too many more of that sort in the future...

LAA

Urgh. Can someone help me with 3DS problems? Finding it's having problems even downloading some eshop stuff if it's too big. Like the hooks carry blocks then eventually will stop carrying them and nothing progresses and nothing will happen unless I force turn it off.
This interferes with arcade collection too as when you finish your plays it will just say "leave the power on and be patient" forever and nothing will happen. Probably just wasted 90p now and its doing it now... :mad: Not even sure what the problem is. Tried formatting SD, used another SD, restarting router, giving a static IP.

EDIT: It got me past the end of my plays once after resetting router and once again now after putting DMZ on 3DS IP... I use DMZ for PS4 though so I can't have it like that all the time... Need a list of ports 3DS uses.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
You guys have no bloody self-control.
Still $0 on it.

Haha I emptied out my eShop wallet so there's no more oppourtnies to spend, also have CC unlinked.

I've only spent a buck, but I already regret it. No more spending for me, but I will be sure to play everyday. The game itself is pretty fun!

MicH

Oh boy. This game is toxic.

I just downloaded it and managed to get every badge except two tiles from the SMB one (the one where you get your first free play). Then I went into practice mode and scored two free plays! I decided to try one of the hammer ones and completed one of the SMB 1-2 sets (the one with Fire Mario in two parts) - AMAZING! And then I saw that there's an AC Cheri badge! I must have that tomorrow!

Anyway, I was able to make a pretty cool 1-2 SMB setup in my home screen after this :p Hopefully EU gets the console bashes soon as I really want to put those on my folders

Top Bottom