• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Begins Advertising Wii U (Games) Again in Japan

It's... weird to have Peach speak Japanese. I thought that even the Japanese Mario games have the characters being voiced in English.

www.dotup.org4301642.gif

This may be the most overt disturbing imagery in modern official Mario media. It isn't enough that Peach is cowering in fright calling out Mario to save her but he doesn't show. Its the fact that she knows she can only wait for him to turn around. When he does, smiling with sparkles the horrifying contrast brings to light Luigi's true nature. As he is about to say "Itsa ME!".

Fridge logic sets it. Mario doesn't voluntarily take his hat off, yet why was it on the table next to Luigi. What horrific fate befell Mario? And what will happen to Peach now that Luigi has come to "rescue" her?

Logash

They need to bring similar commercials to the states along side the software push. I love the first Pikmin one.

Richie

There's no way in hell that Peach intro will make it to the States ... But damn, hahaha, Nintendo continues being unpredictable for better or worse.

OryoN

Man, those grapes looked so good, that they literally made my mouth water!
11g9.png

I have a serious urge for grapes now...

Alienous

Man, those grapes looked so good, that they literally made my mouth water!
11g9.png

I have a serious urge for grapes now...

They look just like grapes, and they don't need the dynamic refractive tessellation neither.

I, too, have an urge for grapes now.

Feature on the Pikmin site: "How To Enjoy Wii U"

pop1_movie.jpg

If you have a Wii U in your living room you you can...

No. 1 Play games in any position you like.

pop2_movie.jpg

No. 2 Play games without a TV.

pop3_movie.jpg

No. 3 Enjoy videos on you TV.

pop4_movie.jpg

No. 4 Enjoy Karaoke in your living room.

pop5_movie.jpg

No. 5 Play these kinds of games.

The Nintendo Shareholders meeting is tomorrow in Japan so info should be coming out late tonight

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/index.html

It is on right now, it started over 1.5 hours ago.

EDIT: Nintendo also sent out a spam/promotional e-mail from the Wii U eshop to those with NNIDs (Image via Tilmen: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNu7SIUCcAIiG8u.jpg:large), featuring the Wii U eshop charge campaign, Pikmin 3, FFVI and The Secret of Mana.

Seems Kyoto has woken up.

DaBoss

When should we expect whatever came out of the meeting to be posted?

What is the Wii U eShop charge campaign?

When should we expect whatever came out of the meeting to be posted?

What is the Wii U eShop charge campaign?

You get 500 yen bonus if you charge 5,000 yen and 1,000 yen bonus if you charge your Wii U eshop balance up to 10,000 yen between June 26th and July 10th on a Japanese Wii U.

Vinnk

Can someone also link the ad with the old woman (famous Enka singer) singing the Evengelion theme to the Wii U? I am not sure how old that ad is, but I saw it for the first time last week so it's probably pretty new. Super funny.

It is on right now, it started over 1.5 hours ago.

EDIT: Nintendo also sent out a spam/promotional e-mail from the Wii U eshop to those with NNIDs (Image via Tilmen: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNu7SIUCcAIiG8u.jpg:large), featuring the Wii U eshop charge campaign, Pikmin 3, FFVI and The Secret of Mana.

Seems Kyoto has woken up.

Is this a new thing in Japan? They've been emailing me with this sort of stuff pretty much every week.

mantidor

Are they using the exact same sound as the Wii commercials? how is the confusion of both consoles over there in Japan? because I doubt this would be helping.

I am sure a price drop will come soon. I don't see how there can't be one.

Maybe in the West, but the RRP of the Premium Wii U in Japan is only ~$50 about the Wii at release, while the basic is more or less the same price.

I love that they got Ueno Juri for the Pikmin 3 ad (at first, I thought it was Matsuura Aya).

I've loved her ever since she played a gay/potential transexual woman in Last Friends a few years ago.

Top Bottom