• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

If Minecraft is the "big" announcement, then that's fucking pathetic, and the guy who claimed it was should be embarassed. You shouldn't be boasting about being the last home system to get a game that's six years old.

Minecraft?
Damn.. everybody allready played that game.

My son loves it but he plays it on PS4 and iPad. We're not going to buy another version.

Well, great for the people who have only a WiiU (and no iPad) and still want to play it.

That's where the Mario themes come in.

It's the only way to really make an old game like that exciting.

I hope they go all out.

If Minecraft is the "big" announcement, then that's fucking pathetic, and the guy who claimed it was should be embarassed. You shouldn't be boasting about being the last home system to get a game that's six years old.

No, people expecting more should be "embarrassed".

You know, there is context to things said and how they are said.

There's nothing wrong with what he said on the podcast.

shanafan

The guy who claimed the news as a "big announcement" is Nintendo's indie guy, and to get the biggest indie title on the Wii U would be considered a big announcement.

Ansatz

Wait wait wait, so it turned out to be Minecraft for Wii U? And people are disappointed this was it because it's not something they personally want? Even if I don't care about the game I still see this as big news. The other possibility was getting a date for the December Smash event, how exciting is that, a date!

Minecraft?
Damn.. everybody allready played that game.

My son loves it but he plays it on PS4 and iPad. We're not going to buy another version.

Well, great for the people who have only a WiiU (and no iPad) and still want to play it.

I thought Minecraft was a continuous phenomenon, not a one off game you play and then you're 'finished'. I saw many Miiverse users who were excited at the chance of getting a Minecraft port when it was rumored prior to the Direct...

Josh7289

A few people guessed it correctly, based on information like Damon Baker's role at Nintendo and even the timezone during which the announcement would occur.

If you're disappointed, don't blame Nintendo. Next time, consider all the facts realistically before setting your level of excitement or expectations or making your predictions, like those who guessed it correctly did.

Wait wait wait, so it turned out to be Minecraft for Wii U? And people are disappointed this was it because it's not something they personally want? Even if I don't care about the game I still see this as big news. The other possibility was getting a date for the December Smash event, how exciting is that, a date!

Exactly.

Not sure if I will get the game but if they release additional Nintendo themed content, it'll sell really well.

Nothing is a system saver for the console but this is a nice pickup albeit way late in the game.

NathanS

Taking this long to get a game as old, and ubiquitous as Minecraft isn't a big announcement, it's an embarrassment.

prag16

Banned
Taking this long to get a game as old, and ubiquitous as Minecraft isn't a big announcement, it's an embarrassment.

So getting the game at all is an embarrassment, compared to... not getting the game?

This hype/speculation topic is what is embarrassing, if anything. Nintendo's indie guy mentioned this on a podcast. Most here failed to keep that in perspective.

An announcement of an announcement (date) regarding Smash would have been better?

thisisneogaf.gif

Kawngi

I refuse to believe Minecraft was the 'big announcement.' Minecraft currently exists on everything under the sun, being the last to receive it isn't quite a big announcement. Sighhhh

Sethista

I havent really felt excited about anything nintendo does for nearly 5 years now, ever since roughly 2 years before the wii was officially dropped, even if for the gamers the wii was already lacking support by nintendo.

Its hard to say what "big announcment" would make me feel excited by nintendo again. SHort of details regarding what NX is, nothing else interests me.

I wonder how many people they lost like this along the way?

The Giant

Banned
Everyone having a cry about the announcement, most likely didn't even read who mention the big announcement. If they did, it would be obvious that it would have been an eshop title.

Kodaman

So, the WiiU is the last console (last-gen AND current-gen) to get this game, and this is news how?

It's even already available on Raspberry Pi and PSVita, lol.

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Minecraft?

That's it?
Wow...

Nintendon't.

Yay, Minecraft...

This is why no one takes Nintendo seriously anymore.

Wait was the big announcement really Minecraft? Ahahahahaha

It's probably big for Nintendo. But nobody cares....

Minecraft on WiiU?!

cueck!!

already have it on ps3!

too late nintendo...

keep on bring it guys.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I think he made the very common mistake of meaning upping the native resolution and saying upscaling instead.
Even so, I can't think of a proper BC implementation (as in: not implemented on a game-by-game basis) on any console that does upres-ing.

Top Bottom