• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camjo-Z

Well damn, that's a solid list of games, and the controller being compatible with Wii U is awesome too. $60 isn't a bad price either, would cost more to buy all those games on VC. I'll probably buy this.

Here's hoping for a Japanese edition with a bunch of Famicom-only games!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
TECMO Bowl but not TECMO Super Bowl? Yo Nintendo what.

TSB had player likenesses which are clearly not licensed this many years later, no? I though Tecmo Bowl on Virtual Console just had numbers.

emag

Curious as to whether this is entirely a software emulator on top of generic hardware or has some specific NES hardware. I'm definitely interested -- the game list is excellent.

Kinda sucks that the controllers are wired, but entirely reasonable for the price.

$60 for the console with one controller
$10 for an additional controller

maxcriden

...fuck.

How much we talking here?

$60. Plus $10 for a second controller.

Seems it's a Classic Controller. Same plug so should be able to work with Wii and Wii U via Wii Remotes

PR says it will be able to. :)

Curious as to whether this is entirely a software emulator on top of generic hardware or has some specific NES hardware. I'm definitely interested -- the game list is excellent.

Kinda sucks that the controllers are wired, but entirely reasonable for the price.

Seemingly, it's VC in a box, no NES HW.

HotHamBoy

Castlevania II and not Castlevania III?? WHO THE FUCK PUT THIS LIST TOGETHER?

What is the likelihood of people being able to inject their own roms into this thing?

Wondering what the rendering will be like - NES titles on 60 inch HDTVs look pretty bad right now

Since its using the Wii remote connection and the controller works with Wii remotes... it might just literally be a Wii stripped down with HDMI out capability.

Hopefully it has some good display options for 1:1 pixel ratio and some passable scan lines.

TSB had player likenesses which are clearly not licensed this many years later, no? I though Tecmo Bowl on Virtual Console just had numbers.

This is probably totally true, but I'm still sad about it. I never played TB to be fair, but I played so much damn TSB that it's hard for me to imagine TB being as good.

Such a weird move but I'll take fifty. Love the box art and the variety in included games.

Watch the EU games run at 50Hz for authenticity

Blues1990

It depends on how the games are emulated, along with the option to add Roma to this thing. If there's a dark filter, on any of the games, then I'm out.

As cool as this is I would honestly rather have confirmation that Nintendo Account games will now be tied to the actual account and easily downloadable on the NX so I can begin actually buying a few with the confidence they will work on my new system.

This is a really neat idea but I don't want to have to hook up another box to the TV.

Saroyan

Super C instead of Contra seems like a weird choice, I'll probably still get this even though I own all the carts already.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is probably totally true, but I'm still sad about it. I never played TB to be fair, but I played so much damn TSB that it's hard for me to imagine TB being as good.

It is nowhere close to as good. No full seasons, IIRC.

strafer

Wondering what the rendering will be like - NES titles on 60 inch HDTVs look pretty bad right now

That's why you should keep your CRT. I have one just for these things that might show up. :D

Also use it when I wanna play some PS2, Xbox or GC games.

Nintendo are in beast mode at the moment.

Day one for me, I have a bunch of these carts and an original working system but this is too cool not to get.

Joey Ravn

Banned
My first thought was: "They're gonna get shut down by Nintendo in a matter of seconds!"

Then I realized this was an official Nintendo product.

I'm in awe. I didn't know Nintendo had it in them to do something like this, but it's absolutely amazing.

entremet

So what's up with plain Contra?

Did MS have something exclusive there?

Are the Alien call outs too legally questionable?

The game was iconic for my generation, Konami has only released the arcade version on XBLA.

maxcriden

Since its using the Wii remote connection and the controller works with Wii remotes... it might just literally be a Wii stripped down with HDMI out capability.

Hopefully it has some good display options for 1:1 pixel ratio and some passable scan lines.

Now that my hype has settled a touch, I'm wondering about this too. Since it sounds like the VC functionality is based on Wii U (given the noted suspend points) and not Wii, I'm wondering if it uses the Wii U VC emulator. It probably does, in which case given the disappointing reviews NES emulation has gotten on Wii U, esp. in terms of game darkness (though I know that's fixable with TV settings as I understand it), I would hope it looks better than Wii U NES VC reportedly does.

Thanks, I see I missed the price buried in the middle of the PR. Actually less than I thought, I suspected close to 100 thanks to the included games.

NP :)

Super C instead of Contra seems like a weird choice, I'll probably still get this even though I own all the carts already.

For some reason super c is available a lot more widely than the first game.

I wonder if there is some legal issue with the first game. It's not on 3ds BC or on Wii u, but super c is.

TECMO Bowl but not TECMO Super Bowl? Yo Nintendo what.

It's likely a port of the VC version that took out the player names (since its only had the NFLPA license), Super Bowl had both the NFL and NFLPA license so it's a lot harder to take stuff out.

I'm still mad about no Contra. Seriously, Super C instead of Contra. What. WHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom