• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Cyber Deals 2016 (US, EU)

Umm, guys, the OP is not all. I just checked the Sales & Deals page, there must be like a HUNDRED games on sale, and some at pretty great prices.

For instance THQ Nordic also have Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for $5 and Legend of Kay Anniversary for $6.24. Most Sonic games are on sale, Level-5's catalog on 3DS is on sale, Activision has their sale (but at awful prices), take a look:

US:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Canada:

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/sales-and-deals

Hope legend of Kay will be at a similar price in europe

Max_Po

Banned
ROFL ...@ the prices and people calling good deal ?

35 US for a remake? give me a fucking break!

19.99 or bust!

asagami_

Banned
I already bought a physical copy Fire Emblem Awakening at retail in my country a week ago and it's almost four two times more expensive than this deal. FFFFFFF-

I have credit in my eShop, I hope may be enough to a NES or a Game Boy game.

ramparter

Banned
People saying thse are solid deals makes you realize how bad they usually are. I just sent these deals to some friends to make fun of them.

bman94

Umm, guys, the OP is not all. I just checked the Sales & Deals page, there must be like a HUNDRED games on sale, and some at pretty great prices.

For instance THQ Nordic also have Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for $5 and Legend of Kay Anniversary for $6.24. Most Sonic games are on sale, Level-5's catalog on 3DS is on sale, Activision has their sale (but at awful prices), take a look:

US:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Canada:

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/sales-and-deals

Some of those are not worth mentioning lol. But thanks for the link, didn't know the Sonic games were on sale. Sonic Generations 3DS is finally at a price that I want to buy it.

Syril

Maybe for selecting levels, but I don't think you actually need them for that. However, some of the subgames might work with buttons only... I can check on my DS copy in the next day or so!
Seems like the "gamepad in portrait view" option will be just fine for most circumstances then. From the looks of things there are so many screen options that there's bound to be something for any situation.

maxcriden

Seems like the "gamepad in portrait view" option will be just fine for most circumstances then. From the looks of things there are so many screen options that there's bound to be something for any situation.

There should be. It's just the subgames I'm unsure of. The main game itself is definitely playable with all touch. Those subgames might be more difficult to play in portrait is all. You should definitely be able to play the main game in portrait or in "GamePad shows touchscreen only" mode, which I think is a thing.

how is return to dreamland?

Absolutely sublime. Lovely Kirby platformer with plenty of creativity and heaps of content. Epic Yarn does edge it out for me, but I did like RTDL a whole heck of a lot.

rhandino

Banned
Weapon Shop de Omasse, Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale are on sale too?

Stop doing anything you are doing right now and GO. GET. THEM!.

Griss

This is their last big holiday on Wii U and that's as low as they're willing to go. I'm not one to applaud the devaluing of games, but compared to the competition I see on PSN their sales are laughable.

Opa-Pa

Wow I gasped at some of the prices and then realized they were just VC stuff lol. That's a Nintendo sale alright... Anyway, thanks for sharing it.

I picked up Crimson Shroud and I'll probably get FR Neo but those are some terrible deals.

Anyway get MM Legacy Collection, people.

how is return to dreamland?

One of the best Kirby games ever and that's saying something.

b3b0p

Mega Man Legacy Collection for $7.49 sounds like a steal.

Unless you have access to the originals I would guess. However, portable Mega Man 1 - 6 sounds god tier to me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
These deals are cyber as fuck

Hale-XF11

Is Lego Avengers on 3DS any good? I'm tempted by that price.

I enjoyed Lego City Undercover on 3DS and thought Avengers might be as good as that.

Kintaco

Mainly interested in the 3DS VC or 3D remaster kind of stuff. Are those prices decent? Seems ok to me but haven't really kept up with pricing on them.

Firebrand

Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99

I recommend any of the above.

Fast Racing Neo is a steal for that price. Anyone who laments the lack of arcade racing games this generation absolutely needs to give FRN a try.

oatmeal

Banned
So selective with their sale. What are they thinking?

Just drop all Wii titles to 9.99 and watch people pay for a lot of shit. Drop all N64 to 5 bucks and same thing.

rhandino

Banned
Is Fire Emblem: Awakening still worth grabbing now that Fates is out?
Yes.

While Fire Emblem: Fates has some of the best maps in the series (Conquest) Awakening is still a nice game with memorable characters, some interesting moments, fanservice to old fans (the nostalgic one... yeah, there is a bit of the other one too!), some cool maps and great final battle.

Yeah, some elements are questionable and the pairing mechanic was refined to hell and back in Fates but you can still enjoy it.

So selective with their sale. What are they thinking?

Just drop all Wii titles to 9.99 and watch people pay for a lot of shit. Drop all N64 to 5 bucks and same thing.

Seriously this. Do 50% off all VC titles including Wii and watch the money roll in on a dying system. Instead they're getting zero from me.

Absolutely. You can buy either game and have an awesome time, but Awakening is just a little better.

Do you mean Birthright vs. Conquest? Awakening is the first 3DS Fire Emblem, and there's only one version of it.

Also, random aside: I didn't know Severed got a 3DS and Wii U version.

How is Liberation Maiden? I was vaguely curious about it once but have no idea what it's like.

I probably actually will pick up Fast Racing Neo.

I'm guessing it's not playable without a Wiimote?

Yeah, you need a Wiimote + Nunchuk for Galaxy 2. It works wonders though. It just feels so right. That little flick you do to make a spin jump practically becomes reflex.

TheJoRu

I'm guessing it's not playable without a Wiimote?

No. There's no changes made to Wii games on Wii U, but if there's support for the Classic Controller then you can use the Gamepad. I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Gamepad and it was excellent.

But yeah, for SMG2 it's only Wiimote+Nunchuk. Which is fine by me, it was designed that way and works best so, I think. I play all my old Wii games on Dolphin these days; I tried playing with my 360-controller once, and while it was functional it was not nearly as good. I mapped motion (the cursor) to the right stick and it was just awful, lol.

oatmeal

Banned
Trine 2, a 3 year old title, is still 10 bucks during their black friday sale.

That's absurd.

These are the epitome of 'non-impulse' prices.

How is Liberation Maiden? I was vaguely curious about it once but have no idea what it's like.

It's neat! But definitely an acquired taste. I haven't played Kid Icarus but apparently its control scheme is very similar: it's a third-person shoot-em-up where the left circle pad controls your movement and aiming is done with the bottom touchscreen and the stylus. If you're left-handed, it'll be very difficult to play the game properly.

If the control scheme doesn't bother you, though (and it didn't really bother me), it's two or three hours of arcadey goodness, and definitely worth three bucks or whatever.

Oli

No. Save your money and buy Fates full price (Conquest) . There's no reason to play Awakening, game play is better in every way in Conquest.

I agree that Fates is better, but if you are a big enough fan of the series it's still worth playing Awakening. If you're starting out I'd still recommend it for $20.

Top Bottom