• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Cyber Deals 2016 (US, EU)

It's neat! But definitely an acquired taste. I haven't played Kid Icarus but apparently its control scheme is very similar: it's a third-person shoot-em-up where the left circle pad controls your movement and aiming is done with the bottom touchscreen and the stylus. If you're left-handed, it'll be very difficult to play the game properly.

If the control scheme doesn't bother you, though (and it didn't really bother me), it's two or three hours of arcadey goodness, and definitely worth three bucks or whatever.

Ooh, sounds cool. I loved Uprising and arcade-style games in general, so this all sounds pretty good to me on paper. Thanks for the tip!

Nekki

Well allow me to take Crimson Shroud and original zelda (maybe this time ill finally beat it)

How's Starship Damrey? I wanna buy 3 games in the end.

jholmes

Lots of great games available but I want to draw particular attention to this:

Kirby's Star Stacker: $1.49

For a buck fifty you are getting a solid little game here. Highly recommended if you like puzzle games. And this is also the sale price in Canadian so for us Canucks it's a real steal.

Regiruler

Opinions on Jotunn?

I love the style and animations but I haven't heard much about it.

It's kind of a lackluster game. Anything that isn't a boss battle feels like a chore, outside of maybe 1-2 fun levels out of 10.
It's really fun and has an awesome drift boost mechanic. I have it on PC, so I don't know if the Wii U version has any issues though.

I heard it was not that great of a port, yet it sold incredibly well.

That said it goes for beans in PC sales.

I am curious why Terraria is so expensive on the Wii U vs. the other platforms. 29.99 MSRP and $22.49 or something on sale? It is regularly on sale on other platforms for less than $5.

For real. It's 2.99 on ps4 right now. 22 is insane

Might just be getting return to dreamland. This is a terrible sale

Regiruler

Wait, isn't generations the latest Monster Hunter? That went on sale pretty quick.
EDIT: I forgot meat boy actually came out, damn.

Please buy fast racing neo people (and then get the DLC too).

YBdisk

Wait, isn't generations the latest Monster Hunter? That went on sale pretty quick.

EDIT: I forgot meat boy actually came out, damn.

Monster Hunter Double Cross (generations expansion) got announced for march in Japan.
Gotta get those sales while they can.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Interestingly, for once Gold Points appear to be based on the sale price and not MSRP :(

I bought games at the sale price, but received Gold Points at the MSRP value. Canadian account if that makes a difference.

Wii U
Fast Racing NEO: ~10 CAD
Kirby Return to Dream Land: ~15 CAD
Super Mario Galaxy 2: ~15 CAD

3DS
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale: ~3 CAD
Liberation Maiden: ~3 CAD

Going through the mobile site was a pain (travelling at the moment). Didn't really want SMG2, but was double-checking the price. Hit CANCEL and then the screen that pops up next is the damn payment confirmation. Like WTF!

Havoc2049

Liberation Maiden is an excellent game, IMO. It has that Grasshopper flair and craziness, with a storyline along the lines of Metal Wolf Chaos and the gameplay and shooting mechanics of Panzer Dragoon and Rez. Good times and a steal at $3.

If I have a physical copy of Mario Galaxy 2, and I transferred all my Wii stuff to my Wii U, and then I download the eShop version of Mario Galaxy 2, will is use my save data from my old Wii files?

Will have to look through these more when I get home, but Fire Emblem Awakening finally being on sale is what I've waited for since Pokemon X and Y came out and bought my 3DS lol.

Was hoping for Fatal Frame but seems like they are adamant about keeping that one expensive... Typical Nintendo "sale" it seems.

Loptous

Which Level 5 games are worth buying? Definitely getting Crimson Shroud and thinking about Attack as well.
Aero Porter is also worth looking into.
It's a pretty great and VERY challenging puzzle game about... sorting luggages.
That doesn't sound very exciting when said like that but I really enjoyed it back then.

Edgeward

No Bayonetta sale. Goddammit, Nintendo. Just gonna get Mega Man even if it's cheaper on other platforms since it's portable.

The NA ones just went live.

Interestingly, for once Gold Points appear to be based on the sale price and not MSRP :(

The new rewards service was bad enough, so they take away something that actually encouraged me to buy some games. Now instead of getting 10 gold coins for Weapon Shop I'll get 0. Cool. I don't know any other store ever that requires a $5 purchase in order to give you points. If I go to Starbucks and buy a f******* mini scone I still get half a star or something. In the mobile gaming world many of the best games are priced under $5, which means I'm not getting rewarded for potentially a majority of my eShop purchases. I don't buy retail games on the eShop, mind you. Nintendo is being really stupid about this, especially given the horrible rewards they have available anyway. Do they think rewarding people for every purchase is going to deplete their stock of 20% off Mario Kart coupons?! WTF Nintendo you dumb & I hate that I love.....

Jamaal23

Neo Member
The new rewards service was bad enough, so they take away something that actually encouraged me to buy some games. Now instead of getting 10 gold coins for Weapon Shop I'll get 0. Cool. I don't know any other store ever that requires a $5 purchase in order to give you points. If I go to Starbucks and buy a f******* mini scone I still get half a star or something. In the mobile gaming world many of the best games are priced under $5, which means I'm not getting rewarded for potentially a majority of my eShop purchases. I don't buy retail games on the eShop, mind you. Nintendo is being really stupid about this, especially given the horrible rewards they have available anyway. Do they think rewarding people for every purchase is going to deplete their stock of 20% off Mario Kart coupons?! WTF Nintendo you dumb & I hate that I love.....

I mentioned this earlier, but I'll bring it up again. I was getting Gold Points on the regular price and not the sale price. I did my purchases through the online/web store rather than from my console/handheld. Canadian account. Not sure if that made a difference.

Maybe try buying that $3 game first to see if you get the 10 Gold Points before buying anything else.

Top Bottom