• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

BY2K

Membero Americo
p4QT2.png

Upside down.

m2bn1.png

Negative Colors.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Could someone make me a reggie avatar with sunglasses (ideally of the deal with it variety)? My image editing ability is none existent

So, this isn't the first Direct event is it? What was announced at the others?

The last one (in October)

- StreetPass Quest II
- SwapNote
- Pushmo
- Sakurai Samurai
- Dillon's Rolling Western
- Mario Kart 7 Community Feature

+ lots of new footage for games like Monster Hunter, Mario 3D Land,

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I feel like this avatar movement is a Nintendo plant to offset any Vita hype left on this board.

You have some explain to do BY2K!

Reminds me of the playstation blog bug where all of the avatars were that one guy's head. Then everyone on GAF started doing it too, and a certain poster got real no-fun-zone over it.

How long before someone comes here and is a pissy whiny baby about it?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nintendo_staff.gif

It still amazes me why this thread has no less hype than those e3 threads.

That's because this conference is about Nintendo's balls of steel. They're doing a games announcement conference on the Vita's world wide launch day. They obviously knew which day this was so it probably wasn't a coincidence. They just want to stick one to Sony.

Salvadora

I can't help being hyped, Its happening In Europe,Japan and America.That should indicate somethings up.
WiiU please

Coolwhip

Banned
I wouldn't expect anything else than 3DS related announcements, given the Vita release.

I'll jump on the hypetrain and expect the 3DSLite.

Ezduo

Banned
-3DS Lite
-better screens
-better battery life
-smaller
-two sliders
-Majora's Mask remake sequel

My body will never be ready.

So what are the odds anything new is announced? It seems an odd time to have one of these, maybe it's just hype for Kid Icarus and stuff.

On the contrary they have started express a lot of interest in pursuing a stronger Online presence and approach. By making some big anouncements over this service it will encourage people to watch these more often and pay attention more online.

The fact that Nintendo went and sent all 3DS a message to check something out signals something. I suspect they will show off a large portion of the Q2 lineup to advertise to all of the different viewers watching it. It actually is pretty smart advertising.

wsippel

Banned
Nintendo_staff.gif

It still amazes me why this thread has no less hype than those e3 threads.
That's what I love about Nintendo announcement threads: Hype is through the roof, but hardly anybody really believes anything worthwhile will happen, so there's usually very little disappointment. Not because Nintendo never delivers, but simply because Nintendo is extremely unpredictable and we're all very cynical.

hatchx

Banned
My predictions, and I'd say I'm pretty reasonable.

-Dillon's Rolling Western, which may even launch tomorrow. Another eshop game?
-Reminder about Resident Evil, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, Mario/Sonic Olympics. Reminder of Demos.
-Kid Icarus hype. New trailer. New look at multiplayer modes.
-Theatrythm and that Sega rhythm game get NA trailers plus launch season
-Monster Hunter 3G NA announced, launch 'season' in summer
-Mario Tennis Open dated for May
-Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2 announced for summer
-Mario Party 9, Xenoblade NA reminders

Top Bottom