• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

Effect

I will say I am disappointed that there wasn't anything said regarding more updates to the 3DS operating system. Folders or something similar would be really helpful. Same for spliting the virtual console into various sections now that you have GameBoy, GameBoy Color, NES, now GameGear games coming. Having everything together is annoying. You can't even search for games on the different platforms. You can only break them down by genre and that doesn't always work.

PS: I wonder if NOA got something held back that might be bigger in the Western Market like a Metroid or a Zelda.

Our only hope would be an EA / Ubi / ATVI / T2 / 2K game announcement... its feasible that such a thing wouldn't be in the Japan feed. But even then, you'd think it might have been in the Euro feed...

I think we may have seen all the news for today.

I hope we haven't though! I am maintaining my Roggie avatar until we know for sure.

18-Volt

So there are only 3 games to be shown at Reggie's show? Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem and Mario Tennis Open? That's sad, that's very sad. I blame stupid western 3rd parties.

Jarsonot

I want at least some cryptic comment regarding Wii U... Something that can be interpreted in a number of ways. We need some new fuel for the fire. =)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
NO. Anything big would have been announced in the JP feed, with the possible exception of localizations.

Something coming even if it's not Nintendo related @ 8 though. The G4TV thing hasn't been revealed yet if you go by all we saw from the Nintendo Direct deal.

So SOMETHING is coming. It just might not be Nintendo related I guess.

JKTrix

As fun as it is seeing things get reposted, it should be noted explicitly that the European stream is not 'live'.

If you clicked it later than it started, you started a prerecorded 'stream' from the very beginning. People have mentioned refreshing and the video starting over completely.

Don't refresh!

Kacho

How awesome would it be if Nintendo released a Fatal Frame collection in the west? A two disc bundle containing Fatal Frame 4 and the Fatal Frame 2 remake. :( Oh dreams...

liger05

I will say I am disappointed that there wasn't anything said regarding more updates to the 3DS operating system. Folders or something similar would be really helpful. Same for spliting the virtual console into various sections now that you have GameBoy, GameBoy Color, NES, now GameGear games coming. Having everything together is annoying. You can't even search for games on the different platforms. You can only break them down by genre and that doesn't always work.

I hate the wii shop but I would take that right now.

beje

Banned
So, is Fatal Frame the only game they bothered to remove?

That means it's either absolutely and completely not coming at all forever and ever, or that they might have reserved it for something else. It's strange seeing how other Japan-centric games like the soccer manager or Pokémon+Nobunaga are shown with the "TBC" label (which in Nintendo language it means "when hell freezes over") plastered on.

Edit: Monster Hunter cut too? This is too bizarre.

Plans to be confirmed doesn't mean shit, placeholder/just their way of saying they haven't got their plans to announce they're not going to release it in order quite yet.

Dates (even just a year) is a good sign though.

Foffy

Banned
No Monster Hunter mention at all in the Eurocast, but it's hard to talk about DLC to a game that has yet to be released there.

"Nintendo of Europe @NintendoEurope Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Dillon's Rolling Western is available to download today from the Nintendo eShop #Nintendo3DS #NintendoDirectEU"

YEEEEAAAH.

Mengetsu

No Monster Hunter in EU presentation

LLShC.gif

Top Bottom