• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2015.5.31 - 7 pm JP, 6 am EDT, 3 am PDT

Dee Dee

Can I just say, there was a distinct lack of Dai Gyakuten Saiban in this Direct?

It's never coming out in the west this year... *sigh*

Jagsrock

Banned
Seems like they got a lot of 3ds stuff out of the way. Hopefully this means e3 will be more Wii u centric with some N3ds stuff thrown in.

Drago

Can I just say, there was a distinct lack of Dai Gyakuten Saiban in this Direct?

Even if there was it wouldn't have meant anything in regards to a Western release. Though I do wish we had gotten another new trailer, yeah.

Just gotta have hope for E3.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Alright Reggie, you have one fucking job: Bring that Animal Crossing New 3DS XL to North America. Right away. There's no time to waste.

Drago

Alright Reggie, you have one fucking job: Bring that Animal Crossing New 3DS XL to North America. Right away. There's no time to waste.
Probably the only thing that would get me to upgrade at this point.

Unless they release the white model here... as if :(

Teknoman

Monster Hunter Airo DX 3DS
Dragon Quest 8 3DS
Super Robot Wars BX 3DS first footage
The Nyan Nyan tower game

Those are the only games likely to not make it over.

This year has been fairly consistent with 3DS releases as well.

3rd Party
Monster Hunter 4U
Story of Seasons
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
A-Train 3D: City Simulator
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +

1st party
Majora's Mask 3D
Fossil Fighters Frontier
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
Puzzle and Dragons collection
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Mario & DK: Tipping Stars

That's not bad for six months and it doesn't include a lot of quality smaller releases.

Upcoming
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Lord of Magna
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
Rodea the Sky Soldier
+ E3 announcements and Yokai Watch

Try actually playing games instead of talking out your ass.

Ehh... Etrian 2 and maybe Rodea and Yokai for me.

fernoca

Really nice direct. Footage from Project Treasure out of nowhere, and looks cool. Seems Nintendo likes that kind of action game by funding Ninja Gaiden 3 at launch, funding Bayonetta 1 and 2, Devils Third and now this. Not complaining.

Terrell

Well, if Iwata is going to be less present at Nintendo Directs, does that mean we could get a rotation of staff presenters? Morimoto just... didn't work for me, somehow.

GSR

Isn't it coming out in less than 2 months there. Was weird not seeing it honestly

Even if there was it wouldn't have meant anything in regards to a Western release. Though I do wish we had gotten another new trailer, yeah.

Just gotta have hope for E3.

DGS has pretty much burned through the AA trailer allocation at this point, though. Reveal trailer -> TGS trailer -> VA/Character trailer -> Gameplay systems trailer has pretty much been the standard for all AA games since I want to say AA4. The only exception was PLvsPW, and that was Level-5.

I'd love to get another trailer, but realistically I'm guessing they're just going to do smaller info releases via Capcom TV and Famitsu between now and launch.

Drago

DGS has pretty much burned through the AA trailer allocation at this point, though. Reveal trailer -> TGS trailer -> VA/Character trailer -> Gameplay systems trailer has pretty much been the standard for all AA games since I want to say AA4. The only exception was PLvsPW, and that was Level-5.

I'd love to get another trailer, but realistically I'm guessing they're just going to do smaller info releases via Capcom TV and Famitsu between now and launch.
At this point I just want a confirmation that it's going to come out here. Starting to lose hope but I still believe...

Dee Dee

At this point I just want a confirmation that it's going to come out here. Starting to lose hope but I still believe...

Just sell me some Ace Attorney amiibos already!!

Was hoping Nintendo would show some support by featuring the game, as Capcom seems so hesitant with the series, in the west at least. I am happy AA5 sold reasonably okay in the rest of the world, but Capcom does not seem to be.

HYDE

Banned
Sad there was not a single 3DS or Wii U game showed that interested me...I think I will be selling my 3DS if nothing gets shown at E3. It has been my least favorite Nintendo portable :( and also the ugliest.

scamander

Banned
Well it seems they finally gave up on Wii U :c, it was a nice console.

People don't learn, do they?

tumblr_mfw9tm0Fq31r94e9jo1_r1_250.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This Direct definitely had more than I expected, particularly regarding stuff that will, or is likely to, make its way to America, such as Chibi-Robo, Dr. Mario, Project Treasure, and (biggest surprise inclusion for me) Mario & Sonic. Deciding to show M&S here makes me wonder if they have a lot of others games to announce in the Digital Event. I figure M&S could show up at Treehouse Live if it's far enough along, kind of like MP10 did last year.

Sad there was not a single 3DS or Wii U game showed that interested me...I think I will be selling my 3DS if nothing gets shown at E3. It has been my least favorite Nintendo portable :( and also the ugliest.

Regarding appearance, if you're talking about the original 3DS...I agree that it's not a very pretty system. 3DS XL, n3DS, and n3DS XL are all better designs in my opinion. That said, I think the original 3DS is better looking (or at least tied with) than the original DS. Not sure why they didn't learn from the design ethos of the GB Micro/DS Lite/Wii/DSi-era...those were some nice-looking systems. 2005-2008 were good years for Nintendo design.

Top Bottom