• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2015.5.31 - 7 pm JP, 6 am EDT, 3 am PDT

Loptous

BFoQImA.gif
Oh dear, this reminded me of Japan World Cup 3.

xaszatm

Banned
I feel like something is happening in LA in about two weeks.

What? Like some sort of entertainment expo of electronics? Surely you jest my good man! There is no such thing, not in the least with 3 E's. /s

OT: Sweet, these look cool. The Fire Emblem stuff was probably the most important to me.

big_z

Strange that theyre showing a bunch of stuff before the E3 direct.

that white n3dsxl better be announced for north America at e3.

MilesTeg

Banned
More games that may or may not release overseas. Great for 3DS in Japan which now has a very strong lineup over there this year (especially if a new Pokemon game gets announced, also Yokai Watch), not so great for Western owners.

Nintendo continues to appeal only to it's Japanese fan base, in terms of new first party game announcements, third party game announcements, and the release dates for these games. We don't get these games on time or at all, leaving us with large droughts while Japan sees much steadier releases.

Also the fact that Nintendo has not partnered with many Western publishers in a big way. Zombi U, Lego City Undercover (the B team developer no less). That's about it. Essentially two new IP, or in the case of Lego City: "Wow, another Lego game". Meanwhile they have most of the biggest franchises in Japan releasing on their hardware and many of those games have not released overseas or when they do it's very long afterwards.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Way more new stuff than I expected. Did they just ruin their E3 presentation?

I really wish I enjoyed handhelds more. I could barely handle using a Vita and that was mainly for remote play and not for serious gaming. Just can't do it. The 3DS is probably a fantastic system with all the games and such.

Just can't do the mobile/handheld thing.

Fox Mulder

More games that may or may not release overseas. Great for 3DS in Japan which now has a very strong lineup over there this year (especially if a new Pokemon game gets announced, also Yokai Watch), not so great for Western owners.

Nintendo continues to appeal only to it's Japanese fan base, in terms of new first party game announcements, third party game announcements, and the release dates for these games. We don't get these games on time or at all, leaving us with large droughts while Japan sees much steadier releases.

Also the fact that Nintendo has not partnered with many Western publishers in a big way. Zombi U, Lego City Undercover (the B team developer no less). That's about it. Essentially two new IP, or in the case of Lego City: "Wow, another Lego game". Meanwhile they have most of the biggest franchises in Japan releasing on their hardware and many of those games have not released overseas or when they do it's very long afterwards.

I'd wait until e3 to judge. Obviously a Japanese direct would focus on Japanese games and be 3ds heavy.

Still, not growing relationships in the west has caught up to them, splatoon was only the third retail game released on the wiiu this year in NA.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ruin it with all these Japan centric games...?
I don't see why many couldn't come out here.

Monster Hunter X, Mario Olympics, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Dr Mario/Dr Luigi are all games that will probably release here.

MilesTeg

Banned
I'd wait until e3 to judge. Obviously a Japanese direct would focus on Japanese games and be 3ds heavy.

Still, not growing relationships in the west has caught up to them, splatoon was only the third retail game released on the wiiu this year in NA.

Thing is, it pretty likely there won't be any major Western third party announcements for either of Nintendo's hardware at E3.

Fact is, whatever Nintendo announces at E3, Japan will be playing it just as fast as us (if not faster) in addition to all the games that will release there but need localization for us.

Sakura

I don't see why many couldn't come out here.

Monster Hunter X, Mario Olympics, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Dr Mario/Dr Luigi are all games that will probably release here.

Super Robot Wars, DQVIII, two monster hunter games. I wouldn't be surprised if none of those titles were in their western E3 presentation. Rhythm Heaven is not a new announcement. And if Mario&Sonic, Chibi Robo, and Dr Mario being shown now ruins their E3 presentation then I don't think it was going to be a very good presentation to begin with.

Frodo

Apart from MoHun Cross (which may never ever ever leave Japan, unless NIntendo bless us with a localization miracle) E3 remains unbothered.

They might also show Chibi Robo and Doctor Mario, so... Looking forward to E3, to be honest.

Plinko

Super Robot Wars, DQVIII, two monster hunter games. I wouldn't be surprised if none of those titles were in their western E3 presentation. Rhythm Heaven is not a new announcement. And if Mario&Sonic, Chibi Robo, and Dr Mario being shown now ruins their E3 presentation then I don't think it was going to be a very good presentation to begin with.

I agree. "Ruins" was the wrong word to use.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Fire Emblem If My Castle feature. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oO7b-oWl2g
Chibi Robo 3DS + Amiibo
Monster Hunter X 3DS
Monster Hunter Airo DX 3DS
Project Treasure First footage Wii U
Yarn Yoshi Wii U
Mario and Sonic Olympic 2016 Rio with Eggman Dancing lol. Wii U and 3DS
Dragon Quest 8 3DS first footage
Super Robot Wars BX 3DS first footage(No localization dream destroyed.)
Some Nyan Nyan tower game Digital DL in Jp. 3DS
Rhythm Heaven + The best 3DS
Animal Crossing Design ur House 3DS.
Famicom Remix 3DS
Dr Mario + Dr Luigi 3DS
SUPER Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Wii Virtual Console on Wii U continues. First third party title, TRAUMA TEAM GET THE GAME EDITION.^_^

I think thats all hope it is helpful.^_^
Thank you, kind sir.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I've read earlier that Rhythm Heaven is already available on the eShop...it sounds strange to me, though. I suppose it's the preloading, right?

Fire Emblem If My Castle feature. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oO7b-oWl2g
Chibi Robo 3DS + Amiibo
Monster Hunter X 3DS
Project Treasure First footage Wii U
Yarn Yoshi Wii U
Mario and Sonic Olympic 2016 Rio with Eggman Dancing lol. Wii U and 3DS
Dragon Quest 8 3DS first footage
Super Robot Wars BX 3DS first footage(No localization dream destroyed.)
Some Nyan Nyan tower game Digital DL in Jp. 3DS
Rhythm Heaven + The best 3DS
Animal Crossing Design ur House 3DS.
Famicom Remix 3DS
Dr Mario + Dr Luigi 3DS
SUPER Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Wii Virtual Console on Wii U continues. First third party title, TRAUMA TEAM GET THE GAME EDITION.^_^

I think thats all hope it is helpful.^_^

Thanks for the list!

kunonabi

Dragon Quest 8 3DS
Super Robot Wars BX 3DS first footage
The Nyan Nyan tower game

Those are the only games likely to not make it over.

This year has been fairly consistent with 3DS releases as well.

3rd Party
Monster Hunter 4U
Story of Seasons
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
A-Train 3D: City Simulator
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +

1st party
Majora's Mask 3D
Fossil Fighters Frontier
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
Puzzle and Dragons collection
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Mario & DK: Tipping Stars

That's not bad for six months and it doesn't include a lot of quality smaller releases.

Upcoming
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Lord of Magna
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
Rodea the Sky Soldier
+ E3 announcements and Yokai Watch

Try actually playing games instead of talking out your ass.

Subaru

I'm not even a fan, the only DQ that I've ever played is VIII - that I didn't finished.

And yet, this fucking music makes me almost cry EVERY TIME. This theme is so beuatiful...

Shiggy

3rd Party
Monster Hunter 4U
Story of Seasons
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
A-Train 3D: City Simulator
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy +

1st party
Majora's Mask 3D
Fossil Fighters Frontier
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
Puzzle and Dragons collection
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Mario & DK: Tipping Stars

That's not bad for six months and it doesn't include a lot of quality smaller releases.

Try actually playing games instead of talking out your ass.

Having been a big fan of Nintendo's Wii and DS lineups, the 3DS had a pretty bad year. Then again, other systems had it even worse. Seems like it's either big blockbuster games, ports/remaster, or sequels to average titles.

Thank God there are indie games.

Top Bottom