• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2015.5.31 - 7 pm JP, 6 am EDT, 3 am PDT

crinale

People should know if Capcom has MHF released to a platform they would never release anything MH-related (this goes PS3/XB360/WiiU/Vita/PC).

Raitaro

Because they want to see their games sell well

Fine, but at least make them for both then so the west can care about this series more as well!

Also, cool games and all in this Direct, but overly focused on 3DS again and very little for Wii U, even for Japanese standards and even without any real support for the New 3DS as far as I could tell (like exclusive games or enhanced games). Quite a bummer. Maybe they're saving those for E3...(right?)

I'm conflicted. The new Chibi-Robo! game looks fun, it'll help it sell, it's nice to see Chibi-Robo in a real game again... but Nintendo's made a lot of platformers and could really have stood to have another action-adventure game. :(

RiggyRob

Considering one of the complaints I had with trying out the demo for Monster Hunter 3 was the slow and methodical gameplay, Monster Hunter Cross looks a lot more action-oriented and interesting.

Hatchtag

Banned
Guessing NA's gonna get a July/August blowout day. Yoshi's Wooly World + AC Happy Home Designer + 3DS Amiibo Excessory + Smash Wave 5 + Yoshi Amiibo + AC Amiibo Card Packs.

Here is what a guy on Twitter that was at the live conference said about MHX:

"Release date this winter"

"3ds of course"

"4 flagship monsters"

"Nibelsnarf was in the trailer. Lol"

"4 main monsters, 4 villages, 4 styles of play"

"Special bonus if you play the Airou DX title first"

"4 styles of playing to choose from. Changes your special moves you can do. Real focus on personalization of your hunting style"

"beruna is base village, set at base of massive mountain range"

"Villages from 2nd and 3rd and 1st gen reappear"

"They are saying this will be much more technical and has lots of style"

"Classes now have special attacks that you can activate as an accent to the action"

"Concept is taking the action and making it stylish and varied enough that everyone can find their own unique style"

Chaos17

I was surprised at the new feature of Fire Emlem if, that is a nice addition.
Yoshi... IN MY VEIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN, So damn cute!!!!!!!!

Sterok

Decent Direct. Mostly 3DS focused, but that was to be expected. We did get a new Wii U game at least. Hope we get those Monster Hunter games in the west.

Top Bottom