• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2015.5.31 - 7 pm JP, 6 am EDT, 3 am PDT

Bashtee

Was expecting a price reduction for the Wii U, hope to see it at E3, but it seems that they are sticking to the price.

Dark_castle

What I think Capcom and From Software's collaboration would look like:

dragons-dogma-online.jpg

Bloodborne-Hills.jpg

What I end up getting:

Monster-Hunter-Diary-Poka-Poka-Airou-Village-DX.jpg

woopWOOP

Y 'know, I hope Chibi Robo is also shown during E3 somewhere, otherwise I have this feeling it'll be skipping the West again (and even then there's a chance they won't bother with Europe, dangit!)

How long before they upload the direct to their channel? I missed the first half, apparently including FE stuff.

AniHawk

Was expecting a price reduction for the Wii U, hope to see it at E3, but it seems that they are sticking to the price.

price reduction will probably come in september. i doubt nintendo wants to put 'and the wii u is going to be x amount of dollars!' in their digital event.

Here is what a guy on Twitter that was at the live conference said about MHX:

"Release date this winter"

"3ds of course"

"4 flagship monsters"

"Nibelsnarf was in the trailer. Lol"

"4 main monsters, 4 villages, 4 styles of play"

"Special bonus if you play the Airou DX title first"

"4 styles of playing to choose from. Changes your special moves you can do. Real focus on personalization of your hunting style"

"beruna is base village, set at base of massive mountain range"

"Villages from 2nd and 3rd and 1st gen reappear"

"They are saying this will be much more technical and has lots of style"

"Classes now have special attacks that you can activate as an accent to the action"

So the 'Cross' is the crossing of Monster Hunter Gens?

Fuck yeah Chibi Robo Amiibo.
Fuck yeah Yarn Yoshi Skins having gameplay mechanics to them
Fuck yeah Poka Poka Airou Villiage! (Also Holy shit did anyone spot Tom Nook?)
FUCK YEAH MONHUN X HYYYPE

Project treasure... feels a bit meh, actually.

meppi

So they have announced more Wii games for Wii U.
Is Wii U a legacy platform now?

Nintendo copying Sony as always. ;)

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if the development teams were switching towards the upcoming system already.
Bit sad, but guess it's inevitable.

Memory

That game with the naked guy with a cat head is going to give me nightmares. Those lumbering titan guys with smiley faces were also creepy.

Fucking amiibos man. I told myself I'm only getting DK and Wario.

Now I have the splatoon pack ordered, and I need Bowser Jr, Doc Mario, Yarn Yoshi AND CHIBI ROBO

Chibi robo amiibo makes me think were getting the 3DS game also. If we dont, then that would make it the first japanese exclusive amiibo, right? Doubt they would go to the trouble of making amiibo just for Japan.

Hatchtag

Banned
Chibi robo amiibo makes me think were getting the 3DS game also. If we dont, then that would make it the first japanese exclusive amiibo, right? Doubt they would go to the trouble of making amiibo just for Japan.

If its just a 2d platformer with minimal dialog, it'll probably come West, at least digitally.

casiopao

Why is this called MHX and not 5?

Because it is kind of Spin-off with all the crazy over the top attack?

And it seems the X which means Cross is going to be like Crossing all old Mon Hun world together? And it seems we are also hunting Ancient Dinosaurs kind of monster which could also mean Cross Generation.^_^

faridmon

Because it is kind of Spin-off with all the crazy over the top attack?

And it seems the X which means Cross is going to be like Crossing all old Mon Hun world together? And it seems we are also hunting Ancient Dinosaurs kind of monster which could also mean Cross Generation.^_^

But that could also be a progression for a direct sequel, no?

casiopao

But that could also be a progression for a direct sequel, no?

I don't think so. This is a series which had Mon Hun 3 and Mon Hun 3 Portable. I believe this one is going to go different way for the series to attract different kind of fans just like MH stories will do.^_^

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
A brief of what was shown in the Direct, somebody?

casiopao

This, please.

Fire Emblem If My Castle feature. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oO7b-oWl2g
Chibi Robo 3DS + Amiibo
Monster Hunter X 3DS
Monster Hunter Airo DX 3DS
Project Treasure First footage Wii U
Yarn Yoshi Wii U
Mario and Sonic Olympic 2016 Rio with Eggman Dancing lol. Wii U and 3DS
Dragon Quest 8 3DS first footage
Super Robot Wars BX 3DS first footage(No localization dream destroyed.)
Some Nyan Nyan tower game Digital DL in Jp. 3DS
Rhythm Heaven + The best 3DS
Animal Crossing Design ur House 3DS.
Famicom Remix 3DS
Dr Mario + Dr Luigi 3DS
SUPER Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Wii Virtual Console on Wii U continues. First third party title, TRAUMA TEAM GET THE GAME EDITION.^_^

I think thats all hope it is helpful.^_^

Top Bottom