• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU - 13th September, 4PM CET (Wii U confirmed for EU this year)

Busty

Banned
Wii U really doesn't need anymore system sellers, it has enough of them.

What?! Besides the usual Nintendo first party suspects (pikmin etc) what will bring in the Wii users who have long since abandoned their console?

Nintendo has the loyal fan base (who Pikmin appeals to) onboard regardless. What is their for the people who aren't going to be wanting to buy a WiiU exclusively for Nintendo's first party line up?

What is the piece of software that really shows of the tablet and sells the machine?

deFlip

Neo Member
What I want to know is if I will be able to play my vc games on the tablet screen. Makes sense, but you know... Nintendo :)

ASIS

What?! Besides the usual Nintendo first party suspects (pikmin etc) what will bring in the Wii users who have long since abandoned their console?

Nintendo has the loyal fan base (who Pikmin appeals to) onboard regardless. What is their for the people who aren't going to be wanting to buy a WiiU exclusively for Nintendo's first party line up?

What is the piece of software that really shows of the tablet and sells the machine?

1. New Super Mario Bros. U
2. Wii Fit U
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

All three have one thing in common: their predecessors sold more than 20 million per iteration.

Hits of a lesser degree:
1. Just Dance
2. DarkSiders 2

Other potential system sellers:

1. Nintendo Land (almost guaranteed hit despite what people say here)
2.ZombiU

So yes, the Wii U has enough system sellers, more so than any other console launch before it.

mclem

Has anywhere jumped on pricing for the ZombiU bundle yet? I'm curious if it's going to include NintendoLand or if ZombiU is replacing it to keep the cost down.

The banned site is pricing it £25 more than the normal premium (£250 basic, £300 premium, £325 premium + ZombiU). That'd suggest to me that you get NintendoLand as well.

Wix

Waaait, what? AC3 not a launch title and Pikmin 3 not even launch window? I was hoping for both of them to be launch titles. Looks like I wont be buying Wii U until 2013 :(

Waaait, what? AC3 not a launch title and Pikmin 3 not even launch window? I was hoping for both of them to be launch titles. Looks like I wont be buying Wii U until 2013 :(
Pikmin 3 is launch window. I'm also not sure they've specified what will be day 1 besides NSMBU and Nintendoland.

NeoRausch

Wii Ware, VC transfer confirmed

strange thing is....

it's not.

WiiWare and Virtual console arcade were confirmed for the transfer. Virtual Console games....were not talked about. just rewatch the ND.

it's just strange that they precisley announce the two and not mention the third at all...

just saying.

Zero148

this is strange, at Gamescom a ACIII developer (don't know if he was actually working on the WiiU version) told me it would make it launch day

anastazius

Neo Member
In the EU video they confirmed NintendoLand, Mario U, Rayman Legends and Zombie U all on launch day UK, which is November 30th.

Pikmin and one other title (can't remember which one) was said to be 2013.

Plasma

Banned
So just to confirm the Zombie U bundle doesn't include Nintendo Land but it is included in the regular premium pack?

Wix

this is strange, at Gamescom a ACIII developer (don't know if he was actually working on the WiiU version) told me it would make it launch day

Yeah, in all of the interviews from the various conferences we´ve always been told that it would be a launch title. But it says launch window on the list :(

Top Bottom